Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yahveh equals Zeus?

Mr Slayer

I would like to pose a question to all believers, which I believe is pretty relevant.

Can you equal the greek mythology of Zeus and his sub-gods of Oympus with the globally accepted principles of Yahveh (the original Jewish God and the latter Christian)?

That said, who has the right to say that the greek mythology are "old stories" and Christianity isn't? Because, for the people of the ancient greek times, Zeus was very real, just like God is for the Christians today?

So, where goes the line between ancient mythology (seen today as legends only, therefore the word myth-) and a global religion like Islam or Christianity go? And who can tell the difference? IS there any difference?

Think about it.

Edited by AshKatNah

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Mr Supertypo

• theSOURCE

• Mr Slayer

I have thought about it. Zeus is the Greek's version of Yahweh flavored with their own culture. Like Egyptian 'gods' are equal to angels but with the Egyptian culture's alterations although they were direcly influenced by them.

Think about this, when Jesus (Yeshua) came here did He call His Father Zeus? No, His Father was YHVH (Yahweh). There's something to think about. thumbsup.gif

Ashley, the day will come when your own beliefs are considered myths, just like the ancient Greek's beliefs are considered myths today.

Your beliefs are as real to you as you wish them to be, and I do not challenge your beliefs in any way. But reality is, no matter what anyone believes in today, there will come a time when that belief is replaced by something different.

I know you will not accept this, and I am not posting to argue with you, but the fact is, every generation will have their own belief.

It is simply human nature to change.

Edited by theSOURCE

The day will come when your precious uptopian ideals of a Godless world will come and it create your own living nightmare. You'll get your dream, and it'll turn into a nightmare, be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

The day will come when your precious uptopian ideals of a Godless world will come and it create your own living nightmare. You'll get your dream, and it'll turn into a nightmare, be careful what you wish for.

736912[/snapback]

Ashley I must step in and say that it couldn't be any worse than what we've already had. Besides how do you know it won't be better, a lot better? No more fighting over who's right and who's wrong. Although it may make life a little boring.

I would like to pose a question to all believers, which I believe is pretty relevant.

Can you equal the greek mythology of Zeus and his sub-gods of Oympus with the globally accepted principles of Yahveh (the original Jewish God and the latter Christian)?

That said, who has the right to say that the greek mythology are "old stories" and Christianity isn't? Because, for the people of the ancient greek times, Zeus was very real, just like God is for the Christians today?

So, where goes the line between ancient mythology (seen today as legends only, therefore the word myth-) and a global religion like Islam or Christianity go? And who can tell the difference? IS there any difference?

Think about it.

736634[/snapback]

Time to explain it all again, I guess. Everyone please pay careful attention.

All Gods are one.

I. All religions, despite outward appearances, are monotheistic. When they say "gods" substitute "angels" and "demons" and you will figure it out. In all faiths, there is always a "God-God" somewhere behind the scenes, just not always obvious. A few examples should suffice:

a. Hindu: despite the trinity, the hindu Father, Son and Holy Ghost, which they call Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu, there is Brahman (breath), beyond all comprehension.

b. Norse: Odin/Wotan is also known as "Allfather".

c. Greek: Anyone remember Paul telling them that the "unknown God"is YHWH"?

d. Roman: "Jupiter" is an abbreviation of "Deus Pater", God the Father, also called "Jove" - classical Latin pronounced this "Yahweh" - get it? "EeOway"!

e. Sioux - beyond everything is Wakan Taka, that the white man mistranslates as the Great Spirit. I won't bore you with the real meaning.

f. Egytptians had the Sun, Amen. It was manditory to mention him at the end of a prayer, even to another God. Christians and Jews STILL honor Him at the end of their prayers.

g. Mayan - beyond Itzamna is Hunab Ku, then Alom/Kaholom (sounds like elim and elohim?).

II. All religions, despite their outward appearance, are polytheistic.

a. Christian - Let's not even go there with the Trinity.

b. Catholic - I note them as separate because they adapted almost any pagan legend as a saint's tale, including Bridgit Demeter, and Gautauma Buddha. Buddhism did the same thing with Hindu stories, making them "Jataka" stories, about the previous incarnations of the Buddha. I would bet that the Jataka stories are objectively real as the saint's stories.

c. Judiasm - the "Shabbos Queen/Shekinah", not to mention angels and demons.

d. Islam - has the Djinn, and they have angels, demons, and those women-like

creatures that wait on men.remembering that in islam women lack souls.sorry, can't remember the name of these beings.

III. Either I. or II. or both are correct, depending on perspective. In answer to the original question, really, there is no difference betweeN, "old" and "new" religions. They are exactly the same; none is more advanced than the other.

Edited by GIDEON MAGE

Ashley , The SOurce specify that he didn't want to argue, so i must say that everyone is entitled to believe what they want, i also want to say that i agree with curiosity, it can't be nemore worst than it is. Maybe it will be better in some way, The crusade killed how many people? All this to convert people to Jesus??? The Gihad(not surre of the spelling), the war in Israel, all of those have a base about religion, no more My god is better than Yours Bul***** , if we accept that there is nothing more..... I don't want to argue neither so have a nice week-end

Edited by chan34bing

• 2 weeks later...

Zeus and YHVH? well both of then love to have sex with women (ask Maria wink2.gif )

both of then get angry...both of them are revenge full both of them are jealux both of them had children (Hercules/Jesus ?? ) both of then act like they had some kind of schizofrenia.

The polyteism make a little more sence because Zeus argue with Hera (he's wife) and sometimes she tries to mess everything up. Yahveh is alone (Asherat run away with Baal long time ago wink2.giftongue.gif ) and if something go wrong he blames satan and trow floods on peoples heads devil.gifinnocent.gif

Seriously? I cant see a big difference beside IMO Zeus bein a little more "nicer" than yahveh.

Well excuse you chang. Oh here we go with the crusades again, just like every other so called minority crying out for rights. Please, spare me the crap

Ashley , The SOurce specify that he didn't want to argue, so i must say that everyone is entitled to believe what they want, i also want to say that i agree with curiosity, it can't be nemore worst than it is. Maybe it will be better in some way, The crusade killed how many people? All this to convert people to Jesus??? The Gihad(not surre of the spelling), the war in Israel, all of those have a base about religion, no more My god is better than Yours Bul***** , if we accept that there is nothing more..... I don't want to argue neither so have a nice week-end

748886[/snapback]

who was that guys that wrote....religios is the poison of the soul????

Ashley, the day will come when your own beliefs are considered myths, just like the ancient Greek's beliefs are considered myths today.

Your beliefs are as real to you as you wish them to be, and I do not challenge your beliefs in any way. But reality is, no matter what anyone believes in today, there will come a time when that belief is replaced by something different.

I know you will not accept this, and I am not posting to argue with you, but the fact is, every generation will have their own belief.

It is simply human nature to change.

736646[/snapback]

I agree with you on this one for the fact history has already proven it, which is a fact that no one can dispute. It's funny how people ignore evidence when it goes against their belief. Although I can understand why.. this is where faith comes in. I am also not trying to get into a religious debate because it goes no where, I just simply want to state my opinion. It has been repeated throughout history, whomever has the greatest power at that current time also has the biggest influence when it comes to religion. What more can be said about it except, it's all been done before?