Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Polybius

about

Back in the 80's, there was apparently an arcade game that gave people horrific nightmares, and stuff. Really scary. It's been proved to be fake though, check out this.

WARNING: The following page is very disturbing

rolleyes.gifPolybius

Btw, it has been reproduced. I remember seeing a TV show a while back, where an expert psychologist made this game, and put it in an arcade. Then a guy went and played it, but it was really disturbing to him. At one point in the game, he shot a woman dressed in a bride's dress and he fainted. Weird blink.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• about

• nick_fury

• Moose-Of-Armageddon

• Rhomphaia

I daren't go on the link sad.gif U make it sound REALLY bad.I'm a chicken not a moose sad.gif

*cough* *bite nails* *click on link*

*commit suicide*

It would be great to make a mock version of this game like suggested in the article. If I had the resources i know i would. Watching those kids crap themselves when the howler pops up on the screen would be hilarious.

And if you were really enterprising you could build in a camera to photograph them as it pops up and then sell them the photos a la amusement park rollercoasters

HOLLY sh**, I wasn't expecting the Animation of the Evil Face, my god it I felt like a Jolt of Lightning went through ME! w00t.gifcrying.gifwacko.gif

Edited by migueltwecorral

And if you were really enterprising you could build in a camera to photograph them as it pops up and then sell them the photos a la amusement park rollercoasters

shouldn't 'a la amusement' be 'á l'amusement'? huh.gif

darn my french, no wonder they told me to drop it for A level, just goes to show anyone can get a gcse laugh.gif

tongue.gif Btw, 'funfair' est féte foraine en francais, c'est? tongue.gif Et tu as ne remembré pas l'accent!

Aussi, pourquio tu as útilisé 'a la'?

grin2.gif

tongue.gif Btw, 'funfair' est féte foraine en francais, c'est? tongue.gif Et tu as ne remembré pas l'accent!

Aussi, pourquio tu as útilisé 'a la'?

grin2.gif

736961[/snapback]

laugh.gif i never bothered learning how to put accents on via keyboard, i did all my french work with good old paper

a la is used in english to mean 'like' or 'similar to' and also i believe 'in the syle of'

e.g i beat him to a pulp a la mike tyson grin2.gif

I've never heard that huh.gif and I do all my french on good ol' paper too grin2.gif but it's hand to know how to do accents on a computer. HOld down the Alt-Grip (not Alt!)button and press the vowel. Look!

áéíóú

EDIT: Looked up 'a la' in the dictionary. Strangely enough it is real; but it still does have an accent on the a!

à la also a la  Audio pronunciation of "a la" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (ä lä, ä l, l)

prep.

In the style or manner of: a poem à la Ogden Nash.

Edited by Galor

Genius Galor! I learn something new everyday here on UM

Anyways back on topic before the mods come a calling tongue.gif

Polybius is more than possible, did anyone see a show by a certain illusionist called Derren Brown, he created a zombie game that put this guy into a trance, then deposited him in an environment identical to that of the game, scared him witless, put him back into the trance and placed him back at the arcade machine. And to top it all off, the guy thought he'd been playing the game the whole time

Edited by nick_fury

Yeah thats the one I saw! It was so funny when he was being transported on the trolly with his bewildered friends running along side him! tongue.gif

Obviously the game never existed, and that video game from the Derren Brown show (as well as that entire segment) is probably fake. It's almost impossible to entrance someone using a video game, because the person would be forced to stay alert.

you suck!!! I have fallen victim to every one of those things that has circulated the internet, i hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cough cough*

I mean, hey everyone else click on the link and read the story, its uh, cool.

now if you'll excuse me, my pants are wet.

man i hate sh** like dat mad.gifmad.gif

thats why i get scared form hearin high pitched noises blush.gifblush.gif

you suck!!! I have fallen victim to every one of those things that has circulated the internet, i hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cough cough*

737717[/snapback]

i agree theese kind of joke should DIE!

737717[/snapback]

i agree theese kind of joke should DIE!

737912[/snapback]

OH come on, I got scared too, and I'm not crying like a Little b**** cool.gif

Supposedly this game originated in the city where I live and I have never heard anything about it. Can anyone come up with more information on the origins of this game?

shizat! I almost had a heart attack!

First thread on this was HERE if you want to read some other opinions.

Okay, the third to the last post on that thread, by AnonC, was awesome.

Comedy at it's finest.

Aha, weird. I loved that article because it mentioned New Mexico<3

The Ring copycat much?

HOLLY sh**, I wasn't expecting the Animation of the Evil Face, my god it I felt like a Jolt of Lightning went through ME! w00t.gif  crying.gif  wacko.gif

736948[/snapback]

hahah, me too. i didnt have the sound on so i dont know if there was supposed to be a scream, but when i was reading it i was thinking, "Hey this site is not that scarAAAAAAGGGGHHH"

thumbsup.gif