Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

See Cats That Aren't There

Silly_Sister

I don't have clear memory of it so i'm not 100% but i know i felt something move. That's why i asked if entity's can shapeshift to look like cats.

Edited by Kevin2211

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this experience, back in 2007 ... not alone, but in a group. There were 3 of us hanging out watching Monday night football. Me in the center of the room, a friend to the right & left of me.

I see a cat dart across the room to my right, definitely a cat as the tail was vertical ... my friend to the left of me jumps up & says "there's a cat in here" & I said "You saw that too, WTF?". I didn't have a cat; but we were so sure of what we saw that we scoured the rooms looking for it, thinking maybe a stray slipped in somehow.

Of course, my other friend, to the right of me, didn't see anything (his back was more or less to the sighting area) & thought we were both totally out of our minds.

Anyway, it was very unnerving when we didn't find one. I'll never forget that.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Today I was laying on my couch and out of nowhere turned my heAd to look out side I saw my mom sitting on a chair and next to her a cat just sitting next to her this cat looked kinda like our cat but smaller and something told me to look outside because our cat is not aloud outside due to an injury I ran to the door and opened to my surprise no cat is sitting there I shut the door and ran around looking I opened my moms door and our cat is chillen under the computer I'm very spooked by this and wonder why I saw this I used to see ghosts of animals as a child but haven't since I was 11 does anyone know what this means?

I usually only see dogs. Lots of dogs.. but maybe it's just the hand I was dealt.

• 8 months later...

I have 2 cats right now and I had 4 cats before. 2 of them died, 2 of them escaped and we never foudn them. After my third cat's escape I started hallucinating and seeing cats. Not every day but sometimes I see my cats walking or running. They are usually my third cat that escaped (Miniş) or my fourth cat that fell down from a window and died (Mırmır).

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2006 at 0:49 PM, IhartU said:

I have never seen a 'ghost cat' but my cousin has. She was staying with me one time and I heard her yell from the bedroom. I ran in and she was freakin out. She told me that she saw a white cat in the room. The cat I had at the time was dark grey and was in the livingroom sleeping. :hmm: I believe that she saw something. This was the same room where my daughter saw red eyes in her toybox. :w00t:

When I was in middle school my parents and I moved into this old spooky Victorian home. Outside the kitchen window I would occasionally look out to see a white cat starring back at me with red eyes like it was albino. I always thought it was real until one day at school I opened up my locker to see that same white cat sitting on top of my books looking up at me. I shut the door and quickly opened it again to see that the cat had vanished. Needless to say, I ended up going to class without my books that day. Creeps me out still.

• 1 year later...

The elderly mother of one of my friends said that she saw a cat walk across the room. She asked my friend to take her to the doctor because she logically knew that there hadn't really been a cat there so she suspected there was something wrong with her. Also, my elderly mother, who had Alzheimers, told me that saw a cat (that wasn't there) on the end of her bed before she died.   

• 1 month later...

There isnt psychic problem. The spirit manifest to tell you or let you know they are real or they are there or they exist. 

• 7 months later...

I see cat shaped objects that look like cats in the corner of my eye and when I look it is just a set of objects where I can see how my brain made it look like a cat but when I look it is just an object where I can make out the silhouette of the cat out of the outline of the object. Once it was a white wheat grinder. The handle supposed of the cats tail. When I looked it was just the grinder. But I seriously thought it looked like a cat from the corner of my eye. One "cat" image appeared in my brain where it looked like a big grey cat curled up in a ball, but when I looked it was only the vcr. There have been several other incidents involving seeing what looked like a cat in the peripheral vision, although turning out to be an object or a set of objects that looked like a cat before. When I had looked at it.

Edited by Willow fir3
Finished thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow few years too late to this discussion but I have been having this happen to me for years now. I only ever see cats. Sometimes just out the corner of my eye other times fully. I have "felt" them around my houses (moves 3 times since this started) I have also physically felt them brush against my leg when I'm stood in the middle of a room but when I look down there is just a tail disappearing behind me. I honestly was starting to think I may be losing my mind but I have had many psychological evaluations and my eyes have been tested all medical possibilities ruled out. I am NOT a lover of cats but I don't hate them. They are just simply an animal to me nothing special. I have never had a cat that died or anything similar. So glad that other people are in a similar place

• 1 year later...

Yes I actually do see cats.  It’s when I’m short of sleep and it’s in certain time periods. It is a form of the gift called “discernment of spirits”.  For a period of time I would feel a small animal like a cat jump into the bed and I could FEEL it stepping around with the mattress and sheets tensioning with each step and it was terrifying.  Today I was in my basement and I saw a cat coming down the steps and it was out of the corner of my eye.  It was a black and white tuxedo cat. It usually happens during a period of time when “the veil is thin” and lasts for a season. It’s been going on heavily for a  month. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bradfordford said:

It’s when I’m short of sleep

Visual and auditory hallucinations are common when in a sleep deprived state. Nothing spiritual or psychic about it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Almost every night i'm seeing a random cat in my room. Whats even weirder is that its kinda like a shadow? Quite hard to explain. Not to long ago I was lying down, and I freaked out for some reason. I then turned over quickly and I saw the same cat for the millionth time. This cat is beginning to become recurring and I don't know whether to be worried or not.

• Like 1

Wow. A 15 year old thread. That is pretty amazing. I’m pretty sure our ancestors were hunted by cats, and there is a genetic memory. I used to be skeptical of generic memories, until I had a dog. We got the dog at about six weeks old, and we never had any other dogs. Somehow the dog learned to bury bones, let it set there over winter, then did up the soggy soft bone and eat it whole. There are lots of other things he knows how to do whiteout being trained. Instincts we call them. I have spent quite a lot of time observing animals and humans. We are not much different. Cats, spiders, snakes, even the dark, especially for kids, are all things our ancestors had to worry about if they ventured to far. 

When my father was dying he kept seeing spiders. The Bible talks about hostility between snakes and women. ( trust me it’s wimpy men too). Even in deep meditations, the imposing figures of the snake, dragon, lion, or jaguar are are all present. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

Wow. A 15 year old thread. That is pretty amazing. I’m pretty sure our ancestors were hunted by cats, and there is a genetic memory. I used to be skeptical of generic memories, until I had a dog. We got the dog at about six weeks old, and we never had any other dogs. Somehow the dog learned to bury bones, let it set there over winter, then did up the soggy soft bone and eat it whole. There are lots of other things he knows how to do whiteout being trained. Instincts we call them. I have spent quite a lot of time observing animals and humans. We are not much different. Cats, spiders, snakes, even the dark, especially for kids, are all things our ancestors had to worry about if they ventured to far. 

When my father was dying he kept seeing spiders. The Bible talks about hostility between snakes and women. ( trust me it’s wimpy men too). Even in deep meditations, the imposing figures of the snake, dragon, lion, or jaguar are are all present. 

It sounds like you are getting at something akin to a species collective subconscious.

I just want to point out how this ties in with my adopted Vedic and Theosophical wisdom traditions. Animals have a group soul and collected wisdom accumulates there and individuals 'just know' how to do certain things without re-learning every lifetime.  

Humans are at the next stage of spiritual evolution and have individual souls. We need to learn many more things each lifetime as we don't have as wealthy a legacy of group learned behaviors (instincts). Human individual souls are linked too, but they are more individualized and we don't have the stunningly astute instincts of animals. I looked at the robin bird nest on my porch. I couldn't do that.

• Thanks 1

raw

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It sounds like you are getting at something akin to a species collective subconscious.

I just want to point out how this ties in with my adopted Vedic and Theosophical wisdom traditions. Animals have a group soul and collected wisdom accumulates there and individuals 'just know' how to do certain things without re-learning every lifetime.  

Humans are at the next stage of spiritual evolution and have individual souls. We need to learn many more things each lifetime as we don't have as wealthy a legacy of group learned behaviors (instincts). Human individual souls are linked too, but they are more individualized and we don't have the stunningly astute instincts of animals. I looked at the robin bird nest on my porch. I couldn't do that.

One of your best posts imo,the only thing I don't agree on is humans being the only ones with individual souls.Other animals are just as complex but on a level we can't understand imo,but it comes down to our own beliefs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 8:27 PM, openozy said:

One of your best posts imo,the only thing I don't agree on is humans being the only ones with individual souls.Other animals are just as complex but on a level we can't understand imo,but it comes down to our own beliefs.

I think in some respects animals are on a higher plane than humans.  They can communicate without any sounds, have better sensory perceptions than we do.  Animals are far smarter than people give them credit for.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 11:24 AM, papageorge1 said:

I looked at the robin bird nest on my porch. I couldn't do that.

Exactly.   I found a bird's nest on the porch up near the light fixture and was amazed at how perfectly it was put together.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2005 at 2:41 PM, eveningsky339 said:

Well, black cats are considered bad luck and are usually associated with black magic and things like that. But (hopefully) you aren't being stalked by magical witch cats. ph34r.gif

Just a quick question. Do you have any kind of ailurophobia? (fear of cats)

Black cat arrives,

good fortune thrives...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I think in some respects animals are on a higher plane than humans.  They can communicate without any sounds, have better sensory perceptions than we do.  Animals are far smarter than people give them credit for.

I'm certain they are superior in many ways to humans,they haven't lost the gifts that nature gave them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, openozy said:

I'm certain they are superior in many ways to humans,they haven't lost the gifts that nature gave them.

Yes I am convinced as well. Cats can see things that we don't see, I have noticed it many times. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pink sand said:

Yes I am convinced as well. Cats can see things that we don't see, I have noticed it many times. 

Yup, sometimes they sense more than most humans can sense. :yes:

Humans are not all the same - and neither are animals. 

We all have different talents and gifts, etc.

My last cats were extremely talented - they could heal and sense spirits.

7 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Yup, sometimes they sense more than most humans can sense. :yes:

Humans are not all the same - and neither are animals. 

We all have different talents and gifts, etc.

My last cats were extremely talented - they could heal and sense spirits.

Of course we are all different. 

Cats are healing animals.