Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Civilian Group Patrols Mexico Border

__Kratos__

CAMPO, Calif. - Volunteers began patrolling remote mountains outside San Diego on Saturday, watching for illegal immigrants and drug smugglers as part of a campaign to draw attention to the nation's porous border with Mexico.

About 30 volunteers joined the first patrol of a 26-mile stretch of rolling hills from Jacumba to Tecate. The patrols, called California Border Watch, are modeled on a similar effort in the Arizona desert earlier this year.

Jim Chase, a former Arizona Minuteman volunteer who cut ties with that group, is leading the California patrols, which will continue through Aug. 7. He said volunteers will call the Border Patrol if they spot illegal border activity.

Chase, a retired postal worker, said he and others will carry guns for self-defense but will not initiate attacks. "The guns are for one reason — to keep my people alive," he said in an interview Friday.

On Saturday, a loud group of about 100 protesters outnumbered the volunteers, and Chase temporarily drove away from the border to chants of "racists, go home."

Rich Macgurn, a human rights activist with a group called Gente Unida, or People United, said the number of patrol volunteers was "pretty scarce," and protesters had only spotted a few of them.

Earlier this week, the Web site for Chase's group urged volunteers to bring baseball bats, mace, pepper spray and machetes. Chase said he removed those items after the U.S. Border Patrol expressed concern.

The group set up headquarters outside the Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Campo, an unincorporated mountain village of 1,200 people about a mile north of the Mexican border and 40 miles east of San Diego.

The Border Patrol was setting up a command post outside its Campo station. San Diego Sheriff Bill Kolender said deputies would closely monitor the area.

Chase, 58, said he expected 100 to 200 volunteers to join the patrols throughout the three-week vigil.

Source

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday, a loud group of about 100 protesters outnumbered the volunteers, and Chase temporarily drove away from the border to chants of "racists, go home."

Yep, it has to be racist to want the laws enforced... rolleyes.gif

What those people are doing is community service, they are indeed giving back to the community by calling in CRIMINALS!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• __Kratos__

• warden

• Deception

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the 30 become 3000 soon , that word racist comes up alot these days blink.gif i wonder why

Edited by Magikman

Go Chase!

We need more volunteers like this. It is a sad situation when we have jerks who try to bring down our country like these so called demonstrators. I hope the real people, the real Americans, stand up and fight these jerks (too). The demonstrators have no regard for our country or the safety of our land, get them out of there; they are aiding and abetting the criminals! angry.gif

Kratos...when are the troops coming to the borders? The pentagon has sent for troops from Iraq to go to our borders; when is that supposed to be taking place?

When are our troops supposed to be shipped to our borders?

No, just enough, are coming home to secure our borders; we will still have all of our troops abroad.

Hey i got an even better solution. Stop NAFTA.

Everyone knows NAFTA is the problem. NAFTA has destroyed the very lively hood of 7.5 million Mexicans.

7.5 million Mexicans used to live on small farms, but now sicne NAFTA has took the tariffs off of American and Canadian foodstuffs they easily flooded the Mexican Market with cheap food. This was fine until the Mexican farmer lost his market.

But know that over 1.5 million farms have went under the price of food has skyrocketed. Now the Average Mexican spends 30% of there check on food. While the days before NAFTA it was only half of that.

And i am sure that any American on this forum can show me how many hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs they have lost because of NAFTA.

Agreed. NAFTA is a very bad thing and has hurt American farmers as well as manufacturing jobs.

Agreed. NAFTA is a very bad thing and has hurt American farmers as well as  manufacturing jobs.

740067[/snapback]

Yeah... you all complain about NAFTA... what about CAFTA? It is going to be even WORSE and BIGGER then NAFTA! NAFTA is a complete failure, and so will CAFTA! no.gif

But CAFTA isn't very popular in Mexico. Fox likes CAFTA, but the legislative branch is very against it. especially the Representatives from the northern areas.

Now i don't know how popular it is in America though.

But CAFTA isn't very popular in Mexico. Fox likes CAFTA, but the legislative branch is very against it. especially the Representatives from the northern areas.

Now i don't know how popular it is in America though.

740326[/snapback]

I'm not all of America, but I am pretty disgruntled over it. disgust.gif

Kratos...do you know when the troops will be covering our borders?

Kratos...do you know when the troops will be  covering our borders?

740609[/snapback]

It's a small chance... sad.gif Probably not for a while though... no.gif

You would hope the goverment would try and protect its citizens from murders, druggies, rapists, and in general other criminals.

Edited by __Kratos__

Kratos...do you know when the troops will be  covering our borders?

740609[/snapback]

It's a small chance... sad.gif Probably not for a while though... no.gif

You would hope the goverment would try and protect its citizens from murders, druggies, rapists, and in general other criminals.

740654[/snapback]

I see you used the word HOPE ,i think you Americans should be demanding not hoping

Rumsfeld said, and the pentagon said, they were bringing some troops home from Iraq to cover our borders.