Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Ouija Boards, Tarot Cards, etc....EVER belong O

Ladyspirit_guide

As most of you know-I teach Parapsychology Classes now. A sticky point has come up. Not with my students, but the Minister/Owner of The Spiritualist Church where I teach.

I believe that a group of Parapsychologists should bring equipment into cemeteries which will aid in charting, and offering evidence should activity occur. EMF detectors, Cameras, Video equiptment, ect.

Now, some students wanted to bring pendulms into the cemetery. O.k.....it is small, and it can be pocketed in case "outsiders" come nosing around. And people do use pendulms & dowsing rods to locate spirits. But some students wanted to bring a ouija board into the cemetery. I gave that a big "No".

Here are my thoughts.....JUST IN CASE..the cops show-up (and sometimes they do-just to look around), I think "occult" materials, like a ouija board, might hurt our credibility. Seriously, I have no problem using an ouija for an INDOOR investigation, where say, a homeowner has asked for our help. Then a ouija could be used for spiritual contact.

But in the public arena-I say "No"....

The owner/Minister however says "Why not?". We are Spiritualists, after all, and the ouija is one of our tools.

I do not wish to contradict her wishes, or quarrel on such a small point, but what do you guys think?

Ouija in cemeteries.....bad idea? Or go-for-it?

I think if someone wants to bring their cards, or something small-yeah-if they can pocket it.

I dunno-what do you think?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Ladyspirit_guide

• Althalus

• snuffypuffer

Wow , what a question .. I say take the board , flittering around hiding pocket sized things could also be detremental to your credibillity . Let the local police force know what you are doing before you do it , most of them will probably show an interest in a positive way . If you are there to investigate then do it all the way there is no point only doing it halfway and having to go back later to do it all over again.

thank you for your imput! grin2.gif See...I could see during an indoor investigation using a board. But, I was afraid outdoors, at night, in the middle of a cemetery...

But, you make a good point. And, all the students are ladies, and certainly old enough to make judgement calls.

I was worried about our reputation(s), I guess.....

Thank you again

No problem Ladyspirit guide , it's nice to know that the people involved in spirituall studies are concerned with retaining credabillity original.gif I say it again keep up the good work original.gif

a bit late, but I agree with Kismit, take the board and any other tools you would like to, but let the police know before hand so they do not mistake you for other less savoury people.

There should be no harm in taking anything like that with you as long as you are there on business, not just playing around.

Hiding things is bad, folks will think you're up to something.

I think things like ouija boards do not belong on ghost hunts.

Welcome aboard Daughter of the Goddess ,

I hope you enjoy your time here ..

Can you explain to me as to why you don't think a board should be taken on an investiagation please. original.gif