Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

James Randi IS a fraud

GhostDJR

This is the reason why no one has ever passed his test. HE'S the fake.

For years the Randi organization has pretended to offer a bogus million dollar reward to any person who can successfully demonstrate any psychic, supernatural or paranormal ability. This has naturally generated a lot of publicity and profit for the lead charlatan of the Randi organization, former sleigh of hand con artist James Randi. That is until the Yellow Bamboo organization from Bali INDONESIA called his bluff and actually demonstrated paranormal ability in front of scores of independent witnesses and a media representative from the Radio Republik Indonesia broadcasting network On 14 September 2003 Mr. Nyoman Serengen, the founder of Yellow Bamboo (with over 40,000 members) successfully slammed down, without touching, the Randi representative Mr. Joko Tri clearly demonstrating extraordinary paranormal ability. Once the demonstration was successfully carried out James Randi frantically scrambled to concoct a phony pretext not to pay.

For many years, Mr. James Randi has successfully scammed the public into believing he would actually pay one million dollars to anyone successfully demonstrating any psychic, supernatural or paranormal ability.

Once the Yellow Bamboo organization actually scientifically demonstrated paranormal ability Randi went into panic mode and was seen grasping at any straw available to induce his congregation not to realize he is a fraud. The fib he concocted was convincing at first but upon closer inspection is impossible to be true.

Con man Randi claimed he believed that Mr. Serengen used a taser or stun gun and successfully bamboozled his flock this was the pretext why he did not pay up as promised. Randi has no proof or witnesses but is just going on his “intuition”. Pretty funny to be using intuitive powers for someone who claims to debunk intuitives. Maybe he should apply for his own challenge.

The Yellow Bamboo organization has researched the use of stun guns and tasers thoroughly (see http://home.howstuffworks.com/stun-gun.htm) and this specious theory is impossible to be true for a multitude of reasons including but not limited to:

1.Eyewitnesses and the independent journalist who were within 2 meters of the demonstration would have seen any stun gun or taser employed and would have seen on the video.

2.Taser guns shoot darts which would have left holes in shirt and the witnesses would have seen the wires.

3.Stun gun must have physical contact but the Randi representative Mr. Joko Tri never touched Mr. Serengen.

Immediately after Randi fabricated this falsehood he promised the Yellow Bamboo organization he would travel to Indonesia to personally conduct another test. So far he has failed to show up and the Yellow Bamboo organization is still waiting for him to arrive. But given his history of falsehoods they are not holding their breath.

• Like 1

This doesn't surprise me in the least. He has always tried to debunk our natural supersensory abilities. He has to make a living somehow I guess.

The slimy toad,I've never liked the guy.He seems so closed minded,patronising and quite boring really.

I think he thinks his magician skills are so good he knows all the tricks of the trade and has the answers for everything.

The dude from the Yellow bamboo should slam Randi next time he sees him.I dont mind if he uses a Taser either! whistling2.gif

This is the reason why no one has ever passed his test. HE'S the fake.

For years the Randi organization has pretended to offer a bogus million dollar reward to any person who can successfully demonstrate any psychic, supernatural or paranormal ability.

Sorry, but that is not the reason. The reasons are because these people say that they...

A. Can't afford a camera.

B. Live in a really remote area.

C. Don't want the media to hound them.

D. Don't want to provide proof because they know it exists and don't  have to justify themselves.

E. Can't upload it.

F. They have electrokenisis and whenever they go near a camera it breaks.

G. Are deluded.

H. Say that you wouldn't believe their evidence anyway.

Is there anything that u believe in that cant be explained Mr ed?

You seem to try and debunk everything that gets posted.

Try? I do.

Ahahaha I gave you a false sense of egotism there.

Yes there are things I believe in that cannot always be explained, but this is not the place to discuss them and at the moment I do not wish to discuss them with you.

If the right topic should arise however...

Thats cool original.gif I was just asking because like i said you try and debunk everything and like you said in your eyes you do a fantastic job at it. Keep up the good work. Its funny though that most people that do post abnormal stuff on here are brave enough to post their personal views and thoughts on certain subjects with the possibility being ridiculed by people like you yet the people who do most of the debunking are scared to post their experiences so they wont get ridiculed.

Well, I looked up the story and found several interesting things.

Mr. Joko Tri was not a representative of the Randi Foundation. Due to an inability to come to terms with testing criteria, the Randi Foundation did not test the Yellow Bamboo for accuracy.

Mr. Joko Tri did volunteer to test the group himself, and he was given advice on ways to do so, however he was not an official of the Randi Foundation, nor was he experienced in these sorts of investigations, which he himself freely admits.

According to the original agreement, the test was to be performed in the morning a video of the event was to be taken. Again, due to a refusal to meet these terms, the Randi Foundation did not test the group, but Mr. Joko Tri voluntered and was told that the test, instead, would be done on a beach at night, after dark. No video tape was taken. Sony camera that takes a floppy disk, was used; it makes 12-second "snaps" of action, at very low resolution was used instead. The resulting clip was so low quality that little more could be seen other than Mr. Tri falling down and convulsing on the ground. What is interesting about this is that in none of the clips one finds from the YB demonstrating this power do you see the fallen attackers convulsing, nor are any of them done in the dark.

The YB organization decided to declare a victory, despite, again, that the Randi Organization had removed themselves from this months earlier. They also announced that Randi would be traveling to Indonesia, which is a clear violation of the rules that have been posted at the Randi Foundation website for years now. People who pass the preliminary trials are not visited by Randi, rather they travel themselves to Florida to be further tested.

I recommend you research both sides of the story before deciding to vent your righteous wrath on one.

was that directed at me? If so my posting actually had nothing to due with this particular posting. I could care less if James Randi is a fraud or not.

Ah ok. In your research did you happend to come up with how many people have tried his claim and failed? I'm just curious how many people have took him up on his offer.

Its funny though that most people that do post abnormal stuff on here are brave enough to post their personal views and thoughts on certain subjects with the possibility being ridiculed by people like you yet the people who do most of the debunking are scared to post their experiences so they wont get ridiculed.

You are wrong again I am afraid.

If you were to look through my posts then you would clearly see there are a couple of topics on which I am undecided on or believe that something strange is going on.

These regard ghosts and UFOs.

I don't ridicule people. I use the table.

Some people really need a reality check and any human being has the right to give it to them if they make their opinions known on a forum.

The purpose of the forum is for people to share their different views, respond to peoples opinions and to argue.

This is what I do, I only really ridicule when someone starts by attacking all of the skeptics or actually threatens me.

I am not scared to post my experiences, I have posted them.

Sorry that you are wrong, it must be a harsh blow to your ego.

Just because you do not see all of the posts I make does not mean that I do not make them.

I wasn't able to find any records other than those of the Randi Foundation and those of the YB, both of which, obviously, tend to bias their own side. I'm going with Randi on this, simply because it is very clear that the test was not done according to standards that would have been acceptable to an actual representative, including the quite damning lack of a clear video tape with only a single attacker (Joko Tri) as was clearly requested in the original agreement. The same thing goes for Randi going to visit Indonesia. It is made very clear in the rules of the challenge that it is not Randi who will be doing the travelling

That Randi guy is a bit arrogant, i don't like him at all. He's too smug by far, for all the wrong reasons

i got rid of my ego along time ago Mr Ed. I have no problem in admitting to when i am wrong. I never said you didnt post your personal experiences i said MOST people who like debunking everything dont do it becuase they dont want to get ridiculed. no way am i going to look through your 2319 post to see what they say or dont say. But from reading the current posts its pretty safe to assume you do alot more debunking then anything else. Seems to me your proving other people wrong feeds your ego. Which you cleary stated earlier. False sense or the real thing? I would go with the 2nd..

You do seem like a very intelligent fellow you just need to let go of your ego.

thanks for the reply aquatus you would think alot more people would take him up on his offer. Doesnt say much about the paranormal does it.

Try? I do.

Ahahaha I gave you a false sense of egotism there.

Yes there are things I believe in that cannot always be explained, but this is not the place to discuss them and at the moment I do not wish to discuss them with you.

If the right topic should arise however...

740150[/snapback]

YOU'RE BLUFFING, I can tell. If not, post a topic in which you can discuss them. Or are you chicken***buk buk buk

Take that you big egomaniac gunsmilie.gif

i got rid of my ego along time ago Mr Ed. I have no problem in admitting to when i am wrong.  I never said you didnt post your personal experiences i said MOST people who like debunking everything dont do it becuase they dont want to get ridiculed.  no way am i going to look through your 2319 post to see what they say or dont say. But from reading the current posts its pretty safe to assume you do alot more debunking then anything else.  Seems to me your proving other people wrong feeds your ego. Which you cleary stated earlier.  False sense or the real thing? I would go with the 2nd..

You do seem like a very intelligent fellow you just need to let go of your ego.

740280[/snapback]

You heavily implied that I did not share my personal experiences and that I was scared to do so.

Do not start playing innocent.

Obviously you are not going to look through all of my posts, I was merely making the point that you assumed I did not share anything, when in reality I did.

Maybe you think that you didn't imply that either...

If proving people wrong feeds my ego then I would have no ego.

I have never proved anyone wrong, only expressed my opinion and said why I thought that they were wrong.

Ultimately, people believe what they want to. It is rare that someone on this site changes their opinion to the complete opposite of their original one.

Note that I said complete opposite. A full contrast.

Seems to me your proving other people wrong feeds your ego. Which you cleary stated earlier

I did not state and have never stated that 'proving other people wrong feeds me ego'.

It does not. I do not need to check my ego. You do not know me and therefore cannot realistically evaluate my ego. It is not large at all.

Just because I argue with people and come up with better arguments than you (yes that was a joke to make you think I have a big ego...or was it?)

you think I believe myself to be superior.

You are wrong.

Please stop with the personal attacks on my non existent ego now please.

I'm sensing some tension? huh.gif

Mr Ed has done a fantastic job of debunking many a "phenomina" on this site. Accept it, and move on.

Edited by Jeremy_Rumbolt

Well you are correct I dont know you at all i can do is evaluate you by your postings. Since you say you dont have an ego problem I will take your word for it and aplogize for assuming you did and analyzing your posts incorrectly. I guess you seem to add a personal flare to your post that I misunderstood as a large ego. I'll stop annoying you now have a great day:)

Sometimes Ed's asking for it(I think on purpose?) but for the most part he thinks pretty clearly. A lot of what he says seems to anger people, well lots of people get angry when you don't agree with them so what.

lol stixx, I have noticed people getting angry with me.

Thanks Jeremy if there is no sarcasm there, and I am glad it is all sorted now sanchera, although I do not believe this will be the last spat we have. grin2.gif

Edited by Mr Ed