Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congressman says bomb Mecca if US attacked

morpheas

I do read your posts properly, Feaden, and your exact word were, "I do not blame the American people, as I know they have been manipulated, and do not know any different." rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

That was passive aggressive, insulting and condescending and it offends me. I am not afraid, which you are so fond of saying about the people of the US. You appear to think that you are above and more enlightened than most people and I can assure you that you aren't.

And by the way, the name is Michelle, if you don't mind.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• morpheas

• Stixxman

• JayRob303

It is always the bad on the front page and on the news, because that is what sells the most. Media is all about the money now, not about the news.

That is the only thing I agree with on your post, but thanks for your reply.

I do not think that all American troops are going there to do bad, and probably believe that they are doing it for good, but when the war was going on, the news channels here in the UK and programs on it, where reporting things that would never dared be shown to you in America, they where interviewing American troops and asking them what they thought they where going into war for, and most of them said or added amongst other things "We are going into get Satan"

Something else I doubt they showed you just before they toppled the statue of Saddam, secret video cameras showed American troops terrifying Iraqis into cheering when the statue was brought down, American troops where also shooting dead bodies that has obviously been dead some time.

I know you cant blame all troops for that, as most probably do not do things like that or blame all troops for the photos you saw from the prison camps where Iraqis where bring humiliated, but you have to wonder how common it is if only secret filming can expose these things?.

All the best

Faeden

Sorry Michelle if I have insulted you, but there are people in other countries speaking out against Bush and his cronies. your find things like that out when on the Internet, debating with folk from other countries.

Maybe I should have been more clear sorry when I said about the Americans not being aware, and not blaming them, I was actually talking about the half that voted Bush in for a second time, and half the population is not all America, and nor does it mean all Americans yes.gif

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

So, your bias media has not effected you, is that right Feaden? Well, it might interest you that I get a lot of the news from the internet, like Reuters, BBC, etc....

It's a wonderful thing, the internet... we are exposed to all opinions from around the world. We are no longer limited to what we are fed by a few local stations. It's amazing. thumbsup.gif

Michelle, I know not to trust the media of any country completely, but I was referring to images that where captured in plain speaking, and sometimes images and things on video speak for them selves, and are more honest than words can ever be. Are you saying that the media faked the videos and photos on computer image software or something?

Also I do not think I am better than any American, I believe all human beings are equal, that is why I do not support Americans or Iraqis being killed under any circumstances. There are many Americans I admire that I consider way above me. But Bush is not one of them, sorry if that offends you.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Maybe I should have been more clear sorry when I said about the Americans not being aware, and not blaming them, I was actually talking about the half that voted Bush in for a second time, and half the population is not all America, and nor does it mean all Americans

That is still condescending in the extreme.

And for the record I don't think we should "nuke Mecca." If we(and Bush) were what you seem to think we are, Faeden, then we would have done that a long time ago.

Faeden,

Much like the statement

Controlling your publics thought with fear is one of the oldest tricks in the book
Many militaries are known to use 'scare tactics', such as
shooting dead bodies that has obviously been dead some time
and perhaps claiming that the bullets had been soaked in pigs blood...to those who don't fear death, use their belief in the afterlife against them.

Much like Michelle, there is no personal 'fear' regarding the 'levels of alert'. The only reason that I am even familiar with them is due to working in the office of a trucking company that hauls hazardous materials.

In regards to the statement

I do not blame the American people, as I know they have been manipulated, and do not know any different.
I also found this to be rather insulting and condescending. It 'paints the picture' that Americans in general are ignorant to the world around them. That in itself is quite offensive.

Americans in general do not care what is being done to them otherwise bush would never have been elected. Not liking that statement has nothing to do with it being true none the less.

Facing mounting criticism, Rep. Tom Tancredo on Monday refused to apologize for suggesting the United States could target Muslim holy sites if radical Islamic terrorists set off multiple nuclear attacks in American cities

I think i might think of targets like what tom has said if terrorists set of multiple NUCLEAR attacks on cities in britain,remember he used the word NUCLEAR,

Hi redneck

And for the record I don't think we should "nuke Mecca." If we(and Bush) were what you seem to think we are, Faeden, then we would have done that a long time ago.

I never said that anyone was going to bomb mecca.

Hi jayrob

I am a little confused to your post and to what point your trying to make on the shooting dead bodies thing, but sorry for insulting you.

Much like Michelle, there is no personal 'fear' regarding the 'levels of alert'. The only reason that I am even familiar with them is due to working in the office of a trucking company that hauls hazardous materials.

Im confused........

All the best

Faeden

Hi jayrob

I am a little confused to your post and to what point your trying to make on the shooting dead bodies thing, but sorry for insulting you.

Im confused........

All the best

Faeden

743098[/snapback]

I think you might have quoted the wrong thing, but I do know what you are referring to. My point about shooting the dead bodies was in reference to previous military tactics used to scare the 'enemy' into either submission and/or cooperation. From what I understand, pigs blood in the Muslim religion is one of the most vile things that can taint their soul and prevent the entry into their version of 'heaven'. So I am insinuating that when the soldiers were shooting the bodies of the dead, they were using scare tactics by telling the captive Muslims that the bullets were soaked in pigs blood...hence the saying,

For those who don't fear physical death, use their belief in the eternal afterlife against them.

Sorry - Forgot to mention that I do not condone their actions if that is what was done, however, I understand why it was done (if it really was done).

Stixxman, it must not be only Americans that don't care what is being done to them, therefore the reason Blair is again in office. wink2.gif

Puts things in perspective, does it not?

Stixxman, it must not be only Americans that don't care what is being done to them, therefore the reason Blair is again in office. wink2.gif

Puts things in perspective, does it not?

743150[/snapback]

Yes it does LOL it puts in to perspective that both Americans and the British are easily manipulated.

I care what is being done to Americans and the British so please do not insinuate I do not, but I also care about what happens to Iraqis, that is where me and you differ.

All the best

Faeden

No Feaden, where you and I differ, is that I personally know many people from the Middle East and they are all cheering the fact that Saddam has been taken down. As a matter of fact, those same people have been my best friends for more than twenty-two years. They have been, basically, my adopted family since I was seventeen, and it's a very large, extended family. So, I do have some insight on what is going on. I have first hand knowledge of the people and what they want and need. That is one of the reasons I speak clearly and plainly, because I have spent so much time with people that don't speak English very well, and I don't want them to feel like I'm talking down to them.

I don't want that to interfere with your superiority complex, though. blink.gif

No Feaden, where you and I differ, is that I personally know many people from the Middle East and they are all cheering the fact that Saddam has been taken down.  As a matter of fact, those same people have been my best friends for more than twenty-two years. They have been, basically, my adopted family since I was seventeen, and it's a very large, extended family. So, I do have some insight on what is going on. I have first hand knowledge of the people and what they want and need. That is one of the reasons I speak clearly and plainly, because I have spent so much time with people that don't speak English very well, and I don't want them to feel like I'm talking down to them.

I don't want that to interfere with your superiority complex, though. blink.gif

743185[/snapback]

Is that why Iraqis want America out? Try telling what you just did to me, to someone who has lost a family member to the war in Iraqi or to someone that lost there life in any terrorist attack, most of them will tell you its the losing of there loved one that made them realise just how wrong violence really is. I do not know about your friends experiences, but they sure do not seem to mirror what most seem to indicate in Iraqi.

Maybe what I saw on the secret films was me having another funny turn, and I just imagined it all?

Oh and do you think that I do not have Muslim friends ? Because I happen to have a few. I also have Christian friends and strangly enough they all agree with my take on things....

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Yes it does LOL it puts in to perspective that both Americans and the British are easily manipulated.

There you go again, man. Underneath that veneer of pacifism and humanitarian concern is a pretty nasty arrogance.

I guess the opinions of what is going on in Iraq are as varied as the opinions in any other culture. Nobody should be put into a neat little package to be judged for the country they happen to be born.

Cheers Redneck mate lol

America and Britain both re-elected a man that illegally went to war, even when the rest of the world was telling them NO!!!! If they did not get back into power after doing something like that, without manipulating the public, then how else did they do it ?

Lets not forget that both governments manipulated the public into going to war in the first place, by using fear such as "Iraq having stock piles of weapons of mass destruction", and that they where ready to use them at any time, as a scare tactic in manipulating the thoughts of the public, so that there would not be a uncontrollable outcry. This is not a conspiracy theory either, its now history happened under all of our noses….

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Just a heads up to the folks from countries other than USA...if it was put to a vote via the population of the United States, we would have pulled our forces out right after there was a native government in place and a defensive organization (police), in control of their own country. The reasons that we are still over there are currently political in nature...

Yes the Americans and the British have kind of got there hands caught in the door on the way out haven’t they?. Lets hope they both learn a lesson from it.

All the best

Faeden

Unfortunately, I don't believe that we will.

We (as a nation) have a tendency to get involved in just about every 'humanitarian' situation involved, regardless as to what happens 'back at home'.

But, once again, if each situation was put to a vote by the population, and not the beuracrats, I would venture to guess that we wouldn't be involved in 1/4 to 1/3 of the events that we are involved in...

Please tell me that this thread is a figment of my imagination, and that someone hasn't honestly suggested that bombing Mecca of all places is a great idea for ending the threat of terrorism.