Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congressman says bomb Mecca if US attacked

morpheas

Please tell me that this thread is a figment of my imagination

I wish I could sad.gif

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• morpheas

• Stixxman

• JayRob303

Okay...

In that case, the next time I hear something about the KKK doing something, I propose that we start burning down churches, and killing christians in the streets.

I think that gets the "Worst Idea I've Ever Heard" award. Should this horrible idea ever be carried out, it would simply start a chain reaction religious war as mentioned earlier and enrage muslim extremists further.

Stixxman, it must not be only Americans that don't care what is being done to them, therefore the reason Blair is again in office. wink2.gif

Puts things in perspective, does it not?

743150[/snapback]

Yes it does LOL it puts in to perspective that both Americans and the British are easily manipulated.

I care what is being done to Americans and the British so please do not insinuate I do not, but I also care about what happens to Iraqis, that is where me and you differ.

All the best

Faeden

743162[/snapback]

Open your eyes for goodness sake,we didnt want to go to war ,the brittish public were dead against it from the start to the so called end angry.gif ,so how can you say we are easily manipulated

Blair didnt listen to the people as uauall thats all,

It's hardly surprising that a congressman suggested bombing Mecca. There are people like this all over the world. Heck, just last week there was a Chinese general claiming that they should nuke the US in the event of an attack on their property, including warships. Not that it makes it any better, but at least the congressman was willing to wait for a nuclear attack on the continental U.S.

You think bombing Mecca would start a world war where a nuclear attack on the US wouldn't? You think the world would expect the US to shrug it off?

One the other hand, I wonder what the reaction would be if we did get hit by a nuke, and chose only to punish the responsible parties.

It is truly terrifying that a person in a position of political authority (and supposed know how) could even propose this. Even saying it, let alone doing it, is really taking your life in your own hands.

I'm pleased to see that, having now read through the whole thing, most people realise the insanity of such a venture. I am greatly concerned that those who think it's a good idea....that being Babs....don't seem to realise the irony of it.

The so called war on terror is currently a conflict between the western world, and a few facless, nationless extremists. As we in the UK have learned thanks to the IRA, there are no "quick fixes" in a war of this type...it's a very slow, careful process, of making attempts to reduce the voilence, not escalate it.

Terrorism is created because of the hatred towards the west. The only way to end terrorism is to remove that hatred, not randomly slaughtering people in the hope of killing a few existing terrorists (doing so will only cause more people, currently not involved in the conflict, to take up arms against you and become terrorists). And there is no more sure fire way of creating more terrorists than running off and bombing Mecca.

Quite frankly, if the US government were to launch an attack on Mecca, killing thousands of innocent people in retaliation for an attack that they did not know about, did not plan, and had absolutely nothing to do with, then it would be the worst atrocity commited by any government in recent times.

Christ, if the US did that, I'd think any strikes against them in retaliation would be quite justified. My only concern would be that the resultant anger from the Islamic world would probably not distinguish between the US, and other western nations that managed to keep a firm grip of sanity.

There really is a different topic....but suffice to say the peace process has being ongoing to many years now, and it's been done through consession and diplomacy.

Unfortunately, I do believe that the IRA and Islamic extremists are a different kettle of fish in some respects....the IRA's motives were largly political, and these nut jobs are motivated by religion....and there's nothing more dangerous to peace and unity than religious fundamentalism.

The goal of the western world should probably be attempting to appeal to the middle east at large, rather than the terrorists themselves. That is how to cut terrorism off at its source...not making an outright attack on the religion they are affiliated with, which only result in every muslim man, woman and child on the planet becoming one of them.

-

Oh there's no doubt about that in the case of the leaders of such organisations. However, I believe the number of terrorists motivated by religious zeal vastly outnumber those with any carefully constructed political intention.

For the most part, the intention is simply to "destroy the infidels".

i say we take all those wacko islamic leaders to a pacific atoll or island,and conduct a nuclear test right in front of them,and say if any of your little winged out funamentalists attack any place in the northern hemisphere,were turning mecca into glass!

Sometimes I wonder if it really is religion that drives these wingnuts, or could be simply plain old racism for some, thats as old as time.

Facing mounting criticism, Rep. Tom Tancredo on Monday refused to apologize for suggesting the United States could target Muslim holy sites if radical Islamic terrorists set off multiple nuclear attacks in American cities

I think i might think of targets like what tom has said if terrorists set of multiple NUCLEAR attacks on cities in britain,remember he used the word NUCLEAR,

743096[/snapback]

...there you go. wink2.gif If Britain was nuked they'd be a changin' their minds as they have changed there attitudes after the London bombings. whistling2.gif

I hate to be the thorn in everyone's side here... and I'm not sure if its been mentioned because there are too many pages to read...

but

as an example, look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The US was bombed at Pearl Harbor, and those two little bombs were pretty much wholly responsible for the end of the Japanese conflict. Granted, if we did this now it might spawn a nuclear holocaust because we apparently are not the only ones with the technology nowadays.

but it worked, it was messy, but it got the job done. I can't entertain the idea of another ten years of this nonsense going on... but it might if something is not done soon.

I would honestly love to see this resolved peacefully, but it seems that these extremists cannot be reasoned with. For reasons unknown, they hate our westernized world with such passion that they are willing to die to destroy us, and when someone has such a passion... there is no stopping them.

Alas, I am a realist. Perhaps a swift blow is what is needed... in any event, we need to figure something out soon and I am honestly glad it is not me in the hot seat that makes the decisions. I wouldn't want the responsibilty and burden of taking anyone's life, civilian or not.

A swift blow will not be achieved here.

The situation now is a LOT different than it was back then with Japan.

The reason Japan surrendured was because the nation knew it was losing and it was on its final legs. They were prepared to fight the imminent invasion of their country with every last man, woman and child. Their only solace was that American soldiers would die too. Then BAM! America showed that they had the capability to wipe out entire cities with one blow, with no losses of their own. This took the wind out of the Japanese sails and their resolve crumbled and they surrendured.

By contrast, this 'war' is just winding up, unfortuneately. Anything resembling a death blow now would only be putting logs on the fire...gasoline soaked logs at that. This is going to be a low-scale war where we need to be proactive, but not provacative. We cannot afford to bomb a holy site for that will instigate people who might never have considered fighting against us before. Unfortunately, this is going to make this war resemble Vietnam. It is going to be long, bloody and brutal, but in the end run, a lot more lives should be saved than lost by allowing this one to drag out instead of trying to end it quickly.

I agree Rhomphaia.

as an example, look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The US was bombed at Pearl Harbor, and those two little bombs were pretty much wholly responsible for the end of the Japanese conflict. Granted, if we did this now it might spawn a nuclear holocaust because we apparently are not the only ones with the technology nowadays.

but it worked, it was messy, but it got the job done. I can't entertain the idea of another ten years of this nonsense going on... but it might if something is not done soon.

you cannot compare ww2 with this , there are absolutley no parralells.

in WW2 the japanese were our enemy , we were at war with a sovereign nation , we knew exactly where they were and what we needed to do.

bombing mecca nuclear or not , is not the same as bombing berlin, dresden , hiroshima or nagasaki.

the saudi government isnt at war with us , in fact the american president was walking hand in hand with their royals not too long ago ?

how can you justify the killing of a million people because of a crime that was committed in the name of tehir religion and one which the VAST majority of people who worship islam found disgusting???

follow this logic, do we nuke leeds because thats where one or more of the London bombers was from?

Edited by wunarmdscissor

Babs I never changed my mind after the London bombings, in fact it just confirmed what I always believed, and that is that violence devastates lives, and that its wrong.

I agree on the Japan thing, you cant compare it to today, when Japan was blown up no one else had nuclear or atomic weapons. If someone dropped one now anywhere in the world its bye bye humanity, and the terrorists on both sides would have got his wish thumbsup.gif Remember the Islamic terrorists think they are fighting Jihad, and the Christian terrorists think that revelations is happening and are obsessed with a murder tyrant type god, and they are praying and hoping there god will come down and burn all the men women and children and send all the "sinners" to hell……

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden