Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congressman says bomb Mecca if US attacked

morpheas

Quite true. U see, in Greece, we are able to walk around without any fear whatsoever of a lunatic bombing us. Apart from that, we are cpmpletely free to express our opinion, we don't have terror laws governing our lives, we don't invade foreign countries (thus, we don't get bombed  grin2.gif ), we don't have homeless or very poor people (to speak of), we don't have racist problems! Apart form all that awful things, we happen to have about 2,000 of the most beatiful islands of the world and a 9-month summer to spend on them.

Gee, you are right. I am very jealous. Can you please arrange a visa for me for the us please? any state would do.

Jealous.

laugh.gif

Back on topic, I think the statement by the congressman is only a warning directed at fanatic terrorists in order to given them reason to refrain from carrying out suicide bomb attacks. I don't think he actually means it.

Edited by Bone_Collector

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• morpheas

• Stixxman

• JayRob303

Quite true. U see, in Greece, we are able to walk around without any fear whatsoever of a lunatic bombing us. Apart from that, we are cpmpletely free to express our opinion, we don't have terror laws governing our lives, we don't invade foreign countries (thus, we don't get bombed  grin2.gif ), we don't have homeless or very poor people (to speak of), we don't have racist problems! Apart form all that awful things, we happen to have about 2,000 of the most beatiful islands of the world and a 9-month summer to spend on them.

Gee, you are right. I am very jealous. Can you please arrange a visa for me for the us please? any state would do.

Jealous.

laugh.gif

Back on topic, I think the statement by the congressman is only a warning directed at fanatic terrorists in order to given them reason to refrain from carrying out suicide bomb attacks. I don't think he actually means it.

752233[/snapback]

Oh, if that's true, he must be really really smart.

An example: If I want to intimidate you and scare you, would I heavily insult your family? If that happened, would you be intimidated or you would just try to kick my a.. around? It's simple as that.

I just believe that this joke of a statesman is a person that has no idea of the world outside the U.s. and should probably be a simple sherrif or deputy rather than a congressman (or whatever).

By the way, I'm still jealous. Where's my visa??? laugh.gif

It is simply a statement taken out of context, It was more a generalization than a specific comment. He was saying"if you bomb something close to our heart we'll do the same". Its only retoric, is it even realsitic to believe that an actual strategic target would be advertised? Don't go borrowing trouble when there is plenty around to be had.

yeah but is using rhetoric like that a clever thing to do in today's environment?

rhetoric or not , they were idiotic and dangerous words.

I think they are just jealous of us as US citizens... its like the little boy who likes the little girl in fourth grade so he picks on her  tongue.gif

748233[/snapback]

Quite true. U see, in Greece, we are able to walk around without any fear whatsoever of a lunatic bombing us. Apart from that, we are cpmpletely free to express our opinion, we don't have terror laws governing our lives, we don't invade foreign countries (thus, we don't get bombed grin2.gif ), we don't have homeless or very poor people (to speak of), we don't have racist problems! Apart form all that awful things, we happen to have about 2,000 of the most beatiful islands of the world and a 9-month summer to spend on them.

Jealous.

752194[/snapback]

Bizeebutt thumbsup.gif You are so right.

Vallheru...And what has Greece done for the war on terror?...Nothin! And I do believe people and their countries have been hit by terrorists that haven't supported the war, and countries that have been neutral and even their own people, the muslim, have been killed by terror extremists. You are not immune to terrorists or Al Queda. no.gif I don't think many Brits thought these attacks would happen. I wouldn't be shooting my big mouth off, if I were you, about immunity.......... they might be listening.

It is simply a statement taken out of context, It was more a generalization than a specific comment.  He was saying"if you bomb something close to our heart we'll do the same".  Its only retoric, is it even realsitic to believe that an actual strategic target would be advertised?  Don't go borrowing trouble when there is plenty around to be had.

752478[/snapback]

That's right...it goes to the heart. And that's how it will be effective.

Lots of idiotic and dangerous things have been said, but that is not a prelude to disaster.. More harm has been done by words not said, like the whole Korean war. The US was outlining its do not touch countries in the eary fifties, and included Japan and the philipines but never "mentioned south Korea. Well the north took that as a sign that if they attacked the US would not retaliate, well we know how that went.

I don't think many Brits thought these attacks would happen. I wouldn't be shooting my big mouth off, if I were you, about immunity.......... they might be listening.

oh and your extensive knowledge of teh UK brought u to that conclusion.

we all knew it was just a matter of when more than if.

its happened here before.

babs , the british public aint some bunch of naive idiots.

wun...

Well, thank you for enlightening me. tongue.gif Hey, you guys got your gates wide open and you are sooooo tolerant of everything. blush.gif

Not to say that the U.S. isn't open. But you haven't seen any more attacks here. 911 was a surprize, out of the blue, and with 'our' guns (airplanes). They can't get that done now. cool.gif

Edited by Babs

Not to say that the U.S. isn't open. But you haven't seen any more attacks here. 911 was a surprize, out of the blue and with our guns (airplanes). They can't get that done now.

i wouldnt be so cocky

Well, thank you for enlightening me.  Hey, you guys got your gates wide open and you are sooooo tolerant of everything.

hell yeah we're a more tolerant people, you dont here us calling for nukes at every opportunity, demanding holy sites be obliterated.

I am not being cocky, I am trying to make a point. You guys have to make some big changes.

You guys let terrorist types on your streets screaming hatred and death for America. Letting these types have their freedoms gets you into very hot water. I would be scared right now. Got to get some things done, fast.

(Not to get off topic, but I always worried about the British not having their own guns. If the terrorists came to your door, you guys would be defenseless).

Well...the USA got attacked bad, Britain got it pretty bad. Iraq has gotten it the worst. Right after Afghanistan. Many of the terrorists are having a hay day killing Americans in Iraq. I can almost bet that there will be another large scale attack on US soil. It is a given. As long as centralized government exists, terrorism will exist. Terrorists do not fight the people of a country, they fight the governments...even if they end up killing innocent people. McVeigh killed many innocent people to strike back at the government (not the best way to go about striking back at the government, but the building stood as a symbol, so did the WTC). Government policies and politics are the fuel for terrorists. We had 911 coming, it was only a matter of time. Britain has screwed itself by going along with the USA in the war on terror.

Edited by I am me

Many of the terrorists are having a hay day killing Americans in Iraq

dont forget the proportionally larger amount of innocent iraqis being blown up on a daily basis, just for getting on with their lives.

752855[/snapback]

Oh I don't, I am 100% against this war. There are many Iraqi "terrorists" who are fending off the invading American armies. If there is any honor in this war, it goes to those soldiers fighting to defend their homes and families.

(Not to get off topic, but I always worried about the British not having their own guns. If the terrorists came to your door, you guys would be defenseless).

752809[/snapback]

Terrorism isn't something new here, Babs. We're quite used to it. We don't have guns but the police and the military have *LOTS* of guns. Simple, really.

752809[/snapback]

Terrorism isn't something new here, Babs. We're quite used to it. We don't have guns but the police and the military have *LOTS* of guns. Simple, really.

752861[/snapback]

who polices the police and the military?

who polices the police and the military?

752923[/snapback]

The NWO wink2.gif

752939[/snapback]

who's a jigga whahhh??? lol, hasn't the new world order been around for a while, maybe it should be the OWO

Many of the terrorists are having a hay day killing Americans in Iraq

dont forget the proportionally larger amount of innocent iraqis being blown up on a daily basis, just for getting on with their lives.

752855[/snapback]

Oh I don't, I am 100% against this war. There are many Iraqi "terrorists" who are fending off the invading American armies. If there is any honor in this war, it goes to those soldiers fighting to defend their homes and families.

752860[/snapback]

There will never be any honor in attacking people from behind, it is the mark of a coward. Where were all these warriors when the war was being faught. At home hiding behind their couch. Throwing grenades through open windows when no one is looking is not honorable. These guys are not fighting to defend their home because nobody in America would want them. They are fighting to get rid of American presence so they can be the next Sadam. If the states leaves then some other A-hole will fill the void. And the backward people of that nation will make sure it happens.

and babs what exactly would i do with a gun , i am not combat trained in anyway , i amnt a soldier , what apocalyptic future would see my need to bear arms?

if that future ever comes then whats the point?