Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congressman says bomb Mecca if US attacked

morpheas

babs can you not understand that by definition nuclear weapons are ultimatley self-depricating.

whats the point in poisoning the very planet your fighting to be apart of ?? it makes no sense , kill your enemy only for your own weapon to be the weapon that destroys yourself?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• morpheas

• Stixxman

• JayRob303

Thats why i never understood the use of bio warfare, which has an eqaul chance of hurting your own guys as it does the enemy.

who polices the police and the military?

Paranoid much...

In answer to your question, the government does. And, in answer to what you will no doubt go on to say, having guns would make no difference whatsoever if the government decided they wanted to prolong their reign all of a sudden.

A group of civilians, whether armed or unarmed, would never be capable of putting up prolonged resistance against their country's military. If you believe that guns somehow offer you safety from such a fate, then you're living in a state of denial.

However, this isn't a topic about guns...as strongly as I feel about the issue, it doesn't really have anything to do with this. Guns wouldn't make us any safer from bomb weilding terrorists either, and there's no point bringing them up.

You never really need a gun........until you really need a gun.

Many of the terrorists are having a hay day killing Americans in Iraq

dont forget the proportionally larger amount of innocent iraqis being blown up on a daily basis, just for getting on with their lives.

752855[/snapback]

Oh I don't, I am 100% against this war. There are many Iraqi "terrorists" who are fending off the invading American armies. If there is any honor in this war, it goes to those soldiers fighting to defend their homes and families.

752860[/snapback]

There will never be any honor in attacking people from behind, it is the mark of a coward. Where were all these warriors when the war was being faught. At home hiding behind their couch. Throwing grenades through open windows when no one is looking is not honorable. These guys are not fighting to defend their home because nobody in America would want them. They are fighting to get rid of American presence so they can be the next Sadam. If the states leaves then some other A-hole will fill the void. And the backward people of that nation will make sure it happens.

752972[/snapback]

you do not know that for certain. but who cares in the first place. saddam never tried to harm the USA, only when we attacked him after he was an ally for quite some time. leave the Iraqis alone, let them do what they want. they are none of our business just as we are none of theirs.

Our army, which I have personally and painfully served for 2 years, exists to protect the borders of our country from external enemies. It does not exist to hunt oil in starved countries abroad.

We are not imperialistic, not only because we are not big (although by far the richest nation of Eastern Europe) but because we have realised our place in the scheme of things.

Greece would never send troops to kill innocent kids in Iraq or elsewhere. Proof of that is that we are the only force still remaining in serbian territory that has not a single casualty in more than 8 years in the area.

Babs, I suggest you go and fight terror.

I will continue to live happy, safe and away from "terror", at least from Muslim terror (cause you never know when the u.s. might decide to bomb you.....)

Greece would never send troops to kill innocent kids in Iraq or elsewhere. Proof of that is that we are the only force still remaining in serbian territory that has not a single casualty in more than 8 years in the area

and by the same token greece would not send troops all over the world to prevent massacres ie:

sommalia

bosnia

rwanda

korea

sierra leonne

etc etc.....

Greece would never send troops to kill innocent kids in Iraq or elsewhere. Proof of that is that we are the only force still remaining in serbian territory that has not a single casualty in more than 8 years in the area

and by the same token greece would not send troops all over the world to prevent massacres ie:

sommalia

bosnia

rwanda

korea

sierra leonne

etc etc.....

754634[/snapback]

We also forgot to send to India, Cyprus, Nigeria where the english also massacred people for all those years.

For that, we also apologise.

sommalia

bosnia

rwanda

korea

sierra leonne

etc etc.....

754634[/snapback]

rightfully so, they shouldn't, it is none of their busniness. the key to being a non-target is remaining neutral.

how brave...

and what innocents get slaughtered

unfortunatley i have a conscience

We also forgot to send to India, Cyprus, Nigeria where the english also massacred people for all those years.

For that, we also apologise

yeah we have a shady past , how far back do u go though.

i mean its not as if greece was always the ***** cat it is now.....

nah, being neutral just makes for an easier target after they get the non-neutrals out of the way. Amazing that "we don't do anything" is a boast.

how brave...

754662[/snapback]

you know, go become a militant and fight off these evil people.

what if innocents get slaughtered? what if you want your own country men to go fight and slaughter those who could possibly slaughter others?

like i said before, the key to keeping terrorists away is not signing treaties, not making allies, and not interfering with other countries business.

it worked for our country for a hundred years or so. it has worked for switzerland for hundreds of years, even durring WWII when they were right in the middle of it.

Edited by I am me

754667[/snapback]

That is exactly the point. We have been around longer than every other nation (by far if I may say) and have done unimaginable slaughtering. May I remind you that we were the longest European empire-the Byzantine- which rigned in terror for over a thousand years. We were also under the turks for 400 years. I just want to point out that we have learned our lessons both ways and that for us what happening now is just a repeat of history. Why not benefit from it?

754667[/snapback]

That is exactly the point. We have been around longer than every other nation (by far if I may say) and have done unimaginable slaughtering. May I remind you that we were the longest European empire-the Byzantine- which rigned in terror for over a thousand years. We were also under the turks for 400 years. I just want to point out that we have learned our lessons both ways and that for us what happening now is just a repeat of history. Why not benefit from it?

754680[/snapback]

very good point, empires rise and fall, just as the USA will in another 50~100 years

754667[/snapback]

754680[/snapback]

very good point, empires rise and fall, just as the USA will in another 50~100 years

754683[/snapback]

Still, it is of no one's interest for the U.s. to crumble. Who is going to replace it? China? God help us. Russia? God help us times 2.

I'd prefer the rise of another super-power than the fall of the single one. Balance is always better.

But a distinction: we who chat here, do not have the power to cahnge the world (unless one of you american friends becomes the president one of these days).

But, we can also stop being blind.

Signing off, thanks for some good arguments.

Many of the terrorists are having a hay day killing Americans in Iraq

dont forget the proportionally larger amount of innocent iraqis being blown up on a daily basis, just for getting on with their lives.

752855[/snapback]

Oh I don't, I am 100% against this war. There are many Iraqi "terrorists" who are fending off the invading American armies. If there is any honor in this war, it goes to those soldiers fighting to defend their homes and families.

752860[/snapback]

There will never be any honor in attacking people from behind, it is the mark of a coward. Where were all these warriors when the war was being faught. At home hiding behind their couch. Throwing grenades through open windows when no one is looking is not honorable. These guys are not fighting to defend their home because nobody in America would want them. They are fighting to get rid of American presence so they can be the next Sadam. If the states leaves then some other A-hole will fill the void. And the backward people of that nation will make sure it happens.

752972[/snapback]

So agree.

Wow, you guys have been having some good arguments.

babs can you not understand that by definition nuclear weapons are ultimatley self-depricating.

whats the point in poisoning the very planet your fighting to be apart of ?? it makes no sense , kill your enemy only for your own weapon to be the weapon that destroys yourself?

753022[/snapback]

I agree, but what can you do? hmm.gif You have to play the game. If we don't participate, the world will go on without us. It's better to be a part of this world than to lay back and do nothing... or to try and change the world so drastically that there isn't 'a snowball's chance in hell' of it going that way.

Edited by Babs

I hear that, morpheas! yes.gif

how brave...

But you can still go there and fight for what you believe in, when the current government is neutral.

You say you have a conscience? Why then are you sending other people to do the dirty work?