Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congressman says bomb Mecca if US attacked

morpheas

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• morpheas

• Stixxman

• JayRob303

Dan'0's back!.........and what a refreshing read. geek.gifthumbsup.gif

Actually Win, American terrorism is worse than Islamic terrorism at a theoretial level. As Islamic terrorism is carried out by fringe groups or dictatorships, but American terrorism is carried out by an elected government represented the entire American people.

And Babs, there is no quick fix to terrorism, it'll will last forever as long as someone thinks they can get something by blowing themselves up, or firing missle into civilian areas. And going into Mecca, destorying it, and turning the entire religion against the west rather than few extremists is not going to help this issue.

Its scary that people with views such as this congressman have the right to vote.

742260[/snapback]

So, if there isn't any quick fix, that means we sit and tolerate many many lives lost, over many many years. sad.gif Do we have the stomach for that?? People all over the globe will be murdered by Islamic extremists.

Who wants to be next, who wants to be the next body part we walk over?... You or your family? hmm.gif

One thing can be said for this program, I guess it would help with the over-population problems.

There really isn't a quick fix. This is something we have to think about and tread over very carefully. This will take years. This is a new kind of war and people need to start thinking in those terms.

A lot of lives, unfortuneately, will be lost, but think of the hundreds of thousands that will be lost just in an initial assault (nuclear or conventional) attack on Mecca? That would only be the start of a world wide pandemic of murder and chaos from which no one would be safe and could very well spell out the end of civilization as we know it.

What needs to be done is to play the terrorists game but not use their tactics. They bomb crowds of kids getting candy, we need to use intelligence and forethought to prevent that sort of attack. it'll be hard making the switch. I admit, right now the war is losing, but that is because we are doing the same thing as what happened in Vietnam. We are being reactive instead of proactive. If our troops had the permission and information to go after these groups and seek them out, we would be putting them on the defensive and that way, we can win the war and show the world that even in a so called 'heyday', terrorism will lose.

I hope the day we can become proactive comes soon. So many lives will be saved.

I'm not sure how an elected official can be a "dictator warlord".

I'm not sure either, but somehow Hitler was one! wacko.gif

The pillars of their society are to blame. Over what? A foreign policy? A Bay Watch show? Having a brew? Not adhering to strict muslim law? Unchecked and dismissed for years, the radical Islamic clerics are finally being rounded up and jailed. And its about damn time.

The decades long policies of western governments in the ME are just as much to blame, especially those of the US. A look at American foreign policy regarding the take over of Afghanistan by the Taliban and their associated terrorists during the 90's, and a study of the American relations with that lunatic Saddam during the 80's can be quite revealing. The unconditional support many midlle eastern dictators receive from the west is a big contributor to the fabrication of terrorists.

While middle eastern societies are partly to blame, a one sided look at the problem of terrorism and believing that the west has nothing to do with its creation and maintenance and is only a poor victim of it, is not only extremely naive, but also gets us nowhere far in the fight against it, a fight that is going on as much in the ME as in the west. There are many middle easterners who are the victims of that same terrorism.

As for the congressman's primitive suggestion of bombing Mecca, he must have either missed the romantic, hand in hand Texas ranch walk Bush had recently with the costodian of the holy sites in Mecca, or he is putting everyone on with this nonsense! wink2.gif

There really isn't a quick fix.

Unfortunately this is true. Right now we are still enmeshed in struggles decades long already. The catalyst for change will have to be the youth, we don't need more of this repetition of sins from the father to the son.

The decades long policies of western governments in the ME are just as much to blame, especially those of the US. A look at American foreign policy regarding the take over of Afghanistan by the Taliban and their associated terrorists during the 90's, and a study of the American relations with that lunatic Saddam during the 80's can be quite revealing

This is also true too, America is not totally blameless for the enemies they face today, some they are completely at fault for.

radical Islamic clerics

These are the guys who should be taken care of. These so called "religious" leaders are nothing more than racist hate mongers with their own agenda. I am consistently upset by the lack of outcry from the decent real clerics of the muslim faith. There is no way they can disassociate themselves from this mess no matter how much they ignore it. These wacko 2% that hide behind this religion make the totally decent 98% look bad.

More London attacks today??? Yes, there were more attacks in London today.

Edited by Babs

There were more bombings in London??

Edited by CharmedFan3

Yes, I hope there aren't any chemical, biological or radiological materials. Everything seems to be ok...no injuries except for one individual, I heard on the tube.

Here is some info.

here

There is a thread called "incidents spark tube evacuation" that will give the information you need.

Edited by Babs

New anti-terror plan for United Kingdom. Tougher laws.

here

New anti-terror plan for United Kingdom. Tougher laws.

here

746369[/snapback]

Babs i dont want to dishearten anyone ,but it is to late in bringing in toughter laws know ,the horse has bolted

As i have said in many posts (and have been slated for )come in the door is open

Hey, I agree with you, 100%, warden. There are terrorists in England, the door is wide open for this to happen. It is inevitable.

Edited by Babs

Hey, I agree with you, 100%, warden. There are terrorists in England, the door is wide open for this to happen. It is inevitable.

746409[/snapback]

I ,like many have had an admiration for tony blair since he has came to power,but and the big but ,i find it hard to stomach watching MPs tell us daily that they have imigration under control when they have not got a clue what the hell is going on,they tell us that there is nothing they can do to stop clerics spout of hatred towards the west and praising suicide bombers in our street and making sure there are police there to make sure they are safe,and on benefits worth hundreds of thousands of pounds,telling us we have to make more of an effort to intergreat with the muslim community when we are ,we didnt want to go to war but blair ignored the voice of the people ,the same people that put him in power ,this is a majour reason why we have suicide bombers know

And know we are told that the laws will be tightened ,what a bloody joke,the laws will come into place in DECEMBER ,BLODDY DECEMBER,how many peoples lives will be destroyed by that time and how big a split will we have with the muslim community by then

Maybe it was just a political tool. He knew any potential trrorists would hear about this and, possibly be swayed into pulling out at the thought of such a repurcussion. This could be a method of prevention rather than retribution. A big risk, but one that could pay off. You shouldn't take such things at face value. As anyone in the conspiracy thread will tell you

739972[/snapback]

This is exactly what I was thinking. If they think we will attack their holy places, they wont dare attack us. I'm not sure if we will actually do it, but it's certainly threatening enough to make them think twice.

Hi Dan'O

I take it my posts got to you hehe just what the DR ordered.

I am not going to reply to you on all of the points because your way of thinking is frighteningly robotic like, you sound like someone programmed by Bush and his monkeys personally. You are a perfect example of what I am trying to make a point about, someone that thinks that the sun shines out of Americas butt and that it can do no wrong, open your eyes mate America is not perfect. America is not god and its not the world police…. Are you forgetting that Bush thinks that he went to war(killed innocent people) because he thought god wanted him to? Just like the Islamic terrorists did, why is murder to you an act of goodness when done by bush, and evil when done by Muslims? You might want to understand that a Muslims life is just as valuable as an Americans life.

Your hostel and aggressive attitude towards me is proof that you have the same mentality as the people that cause violence. I like how you tried to slander me as an anti American, when in reality I am anti violence. I dislike the acts that are done in the name of American politics, just as I hate the acts of violence that are done in the name if Islam, or in the act or anyone or anything. When it comes to killing I do not discriminate, theirs no middle line.

Keep supporting corruption violence and war, I am sure your do your country proud, because remember if you oppose violence that is done in the name of America, you are an enemy, your programmer even told you that, so believe it and never question it. Bush keeps updating his programming software, and you my friend seem to be at the front of the que whenever it goes on sale.

I do not know what it is that keeps you from understanding that I just do not like war or violence plain and simple, no if or buts, just violence is wrong, and I hate it. Would you prefer I support it ? well stupid question really isn’t it.

And please do not use the predictable come back of "oh you could not answer my points which proved I talk trash" I can answer everyone I just cant be bothered as I have answered your questions a hundred times on other posts and sites and I just cant be bothered. Your a Bushidian to a tee, I know your thoughts and mentality perfectly.

Oh and I would just like to add that I do not think that the Christian god or Jesus is a tyrant!! I believe some Christians especially in the states slander him, and make him out to be that way. Twisting my words to try and discredit me is the oldest and most predictable one in the book.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Sounds very plausible nick and jay.

Tancredo is against illegal immigration yet he had illegal immigrants finish his basement, He's just all talk just like most of the politicians.

But its safer for him to say something like this than it is for someone like George bush.

If I may ask, Stixx, how do you know Bush is thinking anything of the kind.

I didn't say anything like that it was speculation so don't get your back up on me. You'd be over your head anyway.

Congressman says bomb Mecca if US attacked

WASHINGTON: A Republican congressman said in a radio interview aired by a Florida station that if a multiple-city attack happened in the United States in the next 90 days, as predicted by an Israeli expert, and was found to be the work of extremist Muslims, then “we should take out their holy sites.” Congressman Thomas G Tancredo, Republican from Colorado, was being interviewed by AM 540 WFLA radio host Pat Campbell, who asked him what the response of the United States should be were terrorist attacks on US cities to take place and were attributable to extremist Muslims. The Congressman replied, “ ... then we could take out their holy sites.” Asked if that meant Mecca, Tancredo answered, “Yes.” khalid hasan

source

739936[/snapback]

This will never happen. It is rubbish.