Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Criss Angel: Mind Freak

sub_x0ne

if he can levitate,it would break the laws of gravity,and he'd levitate thru the atmosphere into space would'nt he?

754414[/snapback]

I don't know, it showed that he can only levitate so much I guess. I'm not too sure about the laws of gravity, or the supposed 'laws' of levitation. But whatever was caught in film, string illusion or whatever, I'd like to know how it happened and how someone can say its fake hmm.gif .

I'm probably just going to google the whole thing.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• magician72120

• _hAiLO_

• coldethyl

The fact that he is a self proclaimed Illusionist is proof enough. An illusion is simply a trick, and don't get me wrong - some magicians are absolutely amazing - but it is nothing more than that. Certainly not proof of the psychic phenomenon.

There have been many shows and such debunking how magicians such as David Copperfield (who made an entire train 'vanish into thin air') perform such tricks and while it's really quite interesting, I can't stress enough that they are just tricks.

To you they are just tricks, maybe because you already know whats behind the scenes...yet I don't. Maybe so? I guess I still have some researching to do.

I mean, as you said. David Copperfield, making a train vanish in thin air? That is a phenomenal feat, but I can't see the logistics in it...and so it is called 'illusion'. So confusing laugh.gif

this guy is alot better than any other magician i have heard of,or seen! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

he needs to lose the rock star image though.

Ah, dude makes his living levitating. His livelihood depends on making the audience believe what it's seeing. Take from that what you want.

You can levitate just by using math.

Like stand a certain distance from the people you are showing then raise 1 leg a little and lean to the side! (something like that) That’s how a magician showed me.

Of course I don't have proof so It's just a thought to keep in mind!

^That makes no sense.But i sorta understand what yuor trying to say.

but how do you explaine where he got up at least 6 fett off the ground.

You can levitate just by using math.

Like stand a certain distance from the people you are showing then raise 1 leg a little and lean to the side! (something like that) That’s how a magician showed me.

Of course I don't have proof so It's just a thought to keep in mind!

754850[/snapback]

Yep,its called the Balducci levitaion,Blaine used this method for years before people sussed it.Very easy and totally impromptu.(they edited it to make it look like he went higher)

For Criss Angels Levitation the woman must be in on the secret,I have a inkling how he does it but as a magician I must not tell.

Great trick though. thumbsup.gif

^That makes no sense.But i sorta understand what yuor trying to say.

but how do you explaine where he got up at least 6 fett off the ground.

754888[/snapback]

Sorry it didn't make sense, I can't so I don't know!

i saw this on A&E this guy is a freak man he achieved a connection with mind body and spirit ::kinda something like when you medidate:: he friggin levitated. Then he levitated on the ground,then he made some one levitate. when i say levitate i mean like atleast 18 inches or more..frigin amazing yes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

For Criss Angels Levitation the woman must be in on the secret,I have a inkling how he does it but as a magician I must not tell.

754908[/snapback]

Are you serious? That would suck if she was in it in secret. But if she were the ONLY one in it in secret, how would the audience be so awed as to see that she is levitating before their eyes, and witness their surroundings. They would notice a crane hanging from above their heads.

Yep,its called the Balducci levitaion,Blaine used this method for years before people sussed it.Very easy and totally impromptu.(they edited it to make it look like he went higher)

754908[/snapback]

ur lies are burning my eyes crying.gifcrying.gif

They would notice a crane hanging from above their heads.

Halo, the trick would not be nearly as obvious as that. The reason magicians tricks are so amazing is that they're masters of the art of illusion. I think you're looking too hard for something that isn't there. This isn't real magic or psychic phenomena at work.

'Tis but a trick. original.gif

ur lies are burning my eyes crying.gif  crying.gif

756229[/snapback]

grin2.gif Me tell no lie.

I watched this again last night.The way he put her into a trance wasnt very convincing but she and her boyfriend seemed very natural and if they are stooges are very good actors.

I think he uses the same methods as his floating suitcase trick. wink2.gif

Oh come on people. He is a magician. A master of illusion. Now I admit that I watched it and was sitting there for 30 minutes going "how the HELL did he do that!?!?". But use your logical mind here. The man can not float. It is a trick that he has figured out. An illusion to make your mind think that he is floating with the power of his own mind. He even talked about how everything he does is a slight of hand. If you won't listen to him saying it is an illusion then why bother asking other people to explain it to you?

You want people's explanations but when people give them to you, you say "no.. it's magic. Tell me how they did it." Well nobody is going to be able to tell you how they did it. Did you know it is against the magicians guild to tell those secrets. If we could figure it out, we would probably be magicians ourself and then we would not tell you how it was done because we would be kicked from the magic community and never trusted by a fellow magician again. As in, career would be over.

I do agree that what he does is simply amazing and I would also like to figure out how he does it. But just because nobody in the non-magic/illusionist world knows how it is done, doesn't mean that it doesn't have an explanation.

Edited by rayce

I finally watched his show today. I am not big on magic or magicians but his show was pretty cool.

I have to say, he is really hot though! LOL!!!

I just want to know how he did it. LOL!! The fire thing. The one where he sets himself on fire for his mother's birthday. (As a mother, my son wouldnt have to worry about setting himself on fire. I would KILL him if he even THOUGHT about doing that!! LOL)

The voodoo doll was kind of creepy but I dont know that I believed it.

My husband saw it last night and he said it was demonic. LOL! I dont know. I asked if he was worse than David Blaine and he said he was far worse than him. So far, from what I have seen, I dont think he is worse.

I love the whole eye thing. How he keeps staring people down. When David Blaine does it it creeps me out. When he does it I just get lost. Like I am transfixed or something. LOL!!!

I thought it kind of funny that they prayed before he set himself on fire. LOL! I wanna learn how to levitate.......... unsure.gif he he he he........

anybody ever see the one where he submerges himself in a tank of water trying to replicate a houdini trick?

It is supposed to be on tonight but I will probably miss it. My husband already has our night time tv schedule planned. LOL!

It's common sense. People do not levitate, it's not physically possible.

Wednesdays at 10:00 P.M. EST. I wonder what he's going to do tonight. Most likely alot more of the stuff I can't explain. grin2.gif

Edited by sub_x0ne

Ive watched the first couple episodes so far. Damn that guy is amazing! I dont know how he does all that stuff. Especially levetating as high as he does. Its just incredible.

i watched it yesterday, and i want an explanation! that stuff was crazy mad, i have to know how he does it! w00t.gif

also, he is very hott indeed thumbsup.gif ditch the rockstar image?? oh, hell no!!!!! tongue.gif