Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Criss Angel: Mind Freak

sub_x0ne

You guys keep telling me, 'Its an Illusion', 'Its impossible', 'Its just a trick'. And I do understand that a magician cannot reveal his secrets as you pointed out Rayce. But as far as you guys trying to tell me the truth, your telling me that what ever paranormal Criss Angel performs, he is a total fake.

Yes, your giving me theories that the volunteers are not actually volunteers, but very good actors just playing along. A very interesting theory, but that still doesn't explain how the 'Levitation' is fake. The girl still levitated from the ground and was afloat in mid air, I have never heard of an acting trick that can go as far.

Another interesting theory, Criss Angel makes our minds perceive that he is levitating, but he really isn't. Does that mean your promoting another metaphysical feat? That magician can alter our minds from a camera's point of view? If he really isn't levitating and the illusion is just tricking our minds...in my opinion, that is very illogical.

Whatever is recorded on camera is recorded on camera. Correct me if i'm wrong, but an illusion doesn't have to do with the alteration of film so that Criss Angel looks like hes levitating. Also correct me if i'm wrong, an illusion doesn't have to do with the placing of mirrors? I didn't see mirrors on the street (not that it would have effect, there is a very large crowd around the performance.

What i'm trying to say that, you guys are telling me that his performances are only illusions, which gives me the notion that your proclaiming it as false occurences. I see things on camera and I think its true, I wanna know why you guys think its false sad.gif

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• magician72120

• _hAiLO_

• coldethyl

if he can levitate,it would break the laws of gravity,and he'd levitate thru the atmosphere into space would'nt he?

754414[/snapback]

I don't know, it showed that he can only levitate so much I guess. I'm not too sure about the laws of gravity, or the supposed 'laws' of levitation. But whatever was caught in film, string illusion or whatever, I'd like to know how it happened and how someone can say its fake hmm.gif .

I'm probably just going to google the whole thing.

754432[/snapback]

This is an interesting topic, and judging by the pictures, he either knows how to levitate or is a damn good illusionist.

Under the assumption that this is illusion [Always start out skeptical] and that since he does this for a living, has practiced his whole life as an illusionist. If I was that determined and knew I could make money off of it, I could find out how to make the illusion of levitation too.

If he is the real thing, well, then he is a gifted individual. He may very well be the real thing. w00t.gif

And to answer the question of floating in space, no, you would not, since it seems levitation is classified as simply holding still in the air, defying about every law we know.

Another interesting theory, Criss Angel makes our minds perceive that he is levitating, but he really isn't. Does that mean your promoting another metaphysical feat? That magician can alter our minds from a camera's point of view? If he really isn't levitating and the illusion is just tricking our minds...in my opinion, that is very illogical.

Actually David Blaine explained most of one of his tricks on one of his shows, how he could trick someone into believing something was actually happened. He stole a lady's watch without her knowing [While in conversation with her] then brought her to a jewelry store window where the watch was sitting. He knew it would be there and had the real one in his pocket. Only then did she realize it was missing. He then stuck a piece of newspaper to the window, put his hand through the glass, nabbed the watch, and gave it to her. He didn't explain how he did that, but he did show how it's easy to fool someone.

Edited by The Raven

You guys keep telling me, 'Its an Illusion', 'Its impossible', 'Its just a trick'. And I do understand that a magician cannot reveal his secrets as you pointed out Rayce. But as far as you guys trying to tell me the truth, your telling me that what ever paranormal Criss Angel performs, he is a total fake.

There is nothing paranormal about Criss Angel... he is a self proclaimed illusionist.

il·lu·sion·ist

3. A magician or ventriloquist.

4. Someone who performs magic tricks to amuse an audience

Yes, your giving me theories that the volunteers are not actually volunteers, but very good actors just playing along. A very interesting theory, but that still doesn't explain how the 'Levitation' is fake. The girl still levitated from the ground and was afloat in mid air, I have never heard of an acting trick that can go as far.

Better magicians than Criss Angel have caused people to levitate before... everybody knows that this is just a trick. It isn't a theory, it is fact. He is a magician. He does these illusions for a living - if people knew how he did them, the trick would no longer be impressive and people wouldn't pay to see them. I assure you, once again, there is nothing paranormal about this.

No, this isn't another metaphysical feat. It is simply trickery of the mind, like your common optical illusion.

il·lu·sion

1. An erroneous perception of reality.

2. An erroneous concept or belief.

2. The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.

3. Something, such as a fantastic plan or desire, that causes an erroneous belief or perception.

You'll also notice that on a Criss Angel television spot, the following message: "The stunts and illusions performed on this program were designed and tested by Criss Angel, a highly-trained professional." Pay particular attention to the words 'stunts and illusions' as well as 'highly-trained professional'.

Whatever is recorded on camera is recorded on camera. Correct me if i'm wrong, but an illusion doesn't have to do with the alteration of film so that Criss Angel looks like hes levitating. Also correct me if i'm wrong, an illusion doesn't have to do with the placing of mirrors? I didn't see mirrors on the street (not that it would have effect, there is a very large crowd around the performance.

An illusion would not involve editing film, but it could very well involve mirrors, and some great illusions have been known to. In fact, that is how David Copperfield managed to make a train dissapear into thin air - via mirrors. There was a massive crowd for the event and people were none the wiser until years later.

The following is an image of Criss Angel showing a basic form of his levitation illusion:

user posted image

At first glance, it may appear as though he is levitating, but you can actually see that he has subtly managed to wrap his left leg around one of the poles on a nearby gate in such a manner that it is virtually unnoticeable. Albeit, an amateurish trick, it is still quite impressive and shows you how the eye can play tricks on you. Nothing paranormal - just illusions and trickery.

What I'm trying to say that, you guys are telling me that his performances are only illusions, which gives me the notion that your proclaiming it as false occurences. I see things on camera and I think its true, I wanna know why you guys think its false sad.gif

These are not false occurances... but they are by no means paranormal or psychic either. They are merely tricks. Well performed tricks by a highly-trained professional for entertainment purposes. Don't be foolish as to think otherwise. wink2.gif

He was really good but I would be more impressed if it were being done right in front of my face.

Criss Angel himself has said that half of what he does is total illusion, and the other half is completely real with no trick to it whatsoever, and it's up to his audience to decide which they believe is which.

Speaking for myself, I completely believe he is able to manipulate the energy around physical objects, thus making them move. In last nights episode, he is very clearly moving a frisbee around and throwing it without touching it. And I would love to know how I'm not REALLY seeing that frisbee...and how he's not REALLY moving it...because clearly, he is.

I have some skepticism about his own levitating...but when he levitated the girl in the park, the cameraman did very well in getting all angles of things, showing the whole length of the body, people all around them were freaking out and going "WTF?!"...like another poster here said, if this man is making me see things I'm not really seeing through the camera, that's a pretty impressive magic of another kind. He even said before he did it "this isn't a trick, pretty much what you see is what you get"...I mean they're in the middle of a park, there's no stage, no table, no mirrors, nothing.

What I find frustrating is that people in general who don't believe this stuff are always saying "give us proof, get a camera!" and then when someone DOES actually put forth some pretty convincing evidence..."it's just an illusion". Call me naive if you want, but "it's just an illusion" is way too easy for me. Same thing goes for "it's just in your head" to people who see spirits. How EASY is it to just dismiss such things based on that? It prevents any further thinking, that's for sure.

Did anyone see him make the tarantula appear in the woman's pocket? That makes me never want to meet him. Or get anywhere near him.

An interesting read FireFrog, I see where your going. I guess magicians have they're own way of doing these so-called 'illogical' stunts.

The picture you posted however, wouldn't the audience have to see his leg squirming to climb that pole with just his legs? When he levitates, he goes up into the air without moving a muscle. Except just to put his arms up.

And I pretty much agree with you, JayeBrady. Most of Criss Angels stunts have had the camera encompass the whole performance and almost nothing was found that would have aided the performer. But still, he is an illusionist and a magician...and as one, we may never know his secret.

Its still quite interesting and worth my spectation to watch though dontgetit.gif .

w00t.gif lmao that guy is so funny all he does is float around and act weird lol he reminds me of prince lol. His tricks suck sometimes too "Pick a card any card" then when they go to grab a card he floats away lmao!

I think what he does is true as well. But some people think what Cirss Angel is doing is just a big false occurence sad.gif

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...23entry758023

Anyone here got an explanation as to how he could be faking his illusions?

758026[/snapback]

Well, having grown up in church all my life I can tell you what I was always lead to believe. He is very VERY good at fooling everyone....or it is demonic.

When I was a kid it was David Copperfield. And "oh...he is possessed by demons and that is how he does it!"

Then came along Blaine who put Copperfield to shame! And now there is Chriss. Personally, I dont know. I dont get bad vibes really from Chriss like I had from Blaine. Now that I put much stock in my own "vibes". LOL!! I dont go to church so much anymore and the one that I do go to doesnt really waste their time with magicians. But I am sure if I was back in those churches I would be hearing about it. Demon possessed!!! LOL!!!

Supposedly Jesus turned water into wine...well Criss Angel turned water into beer in his last episode. Criss Wins! Beer is better than wine. Why don't people start calling him the son of God? It's because people were alot more gullible 2000 years ago. Or even just 200 years ago or less. O_o

The picture you posted however, wouldn't the audience have to see his leg squirming to climb that pole with just his legs? When he levitates, he goes up into the air without moving a muscle. Except just to put his arms up.

And I pretty much agree with you, JayeBrady. Most of Criss Angels stunts have had the camera encompass the whole performance and almost nothing was found that would have aided the performer. But still, he is an illusionist and a magician...and as one, we may never know his secret.

Its still quite interesting and worth my spectation to watch though dontgetit.gif .

759297[/snapback]

Actually, the first thing a magician learns is slight of hand and distraction. Though distraction is not the word I am looking for. When you watched him levitate you probably noticed how he is being very dramatic and breathing heavily, moving his arms and chest around to draw attention away from his feet. You know how many hours he probably practices a day just to do this stuff. It is incredible.

I agree with you that, no matter what, it is definately interesting to watch and well worth the time to do so.

I think I missed an episode though and I'm really bummed now!

I don't think we need two Crisis Angel: Mind Freak topics.

Merged.

Angel is an illusionist, there is nothing paranormal about him he is a magic entertainer, he is very clever, but he has no supernatural powers.

I actually hope he DOESNT have supernatural powers. That would be creepy. LOL! But either way, I dont care. He is really cool! LOL!!!

Actually, the first thing a magician learns is slight of hand and distraction. Though distraction is not the word I am looking for. When you watched him levitate you probably noticed how he is being very dramatic and breathing heavily, moving his arms and chest around to draw attention away from his feet. You know how many hours he probably practices a day just to do this stuff. It is incredible.

I don't want to sound hard headed or anything, but i'm still not convinced. I would look at him, but mainly at his feet though. He levitated quite a few times on the show and many times, a pole wasn't present. The TV screen I saw his show was very small, so I could see his whole body...and he just lifts.

I really don't know a lot about illusions, but its hard to form an opinion when logic enters the equation. I guess this is going to be quite an unexplained mystery laugh.gif

I agree with you that, no matter what, it is definately interesting to watch and well worth the time to do so.

I think I missed an episode though and I'm really bummed now!

759690[/snapback]

I think they will show re-runs...and if you watch the show (I don't know if you have), you might see what I see.

Angel is an illusionist, there is nothing paranormal about him he is a magic entertainer, he is very clever, but he has no supernatural powers.

What if I said 'Magic' is paranormal? laugh.gif

No offence, but I think he is somewhat of a paranormal freak...maybe i'll change my mind when I understand the ways of the 'Illusion'.

Wether you think he's fake or for real, I found TV listings for those who want to see him:

http://www.aetv.com/aesearch/search.do?key...s=criss%20angel

criss angel is cool heres a video of him levatating sum 1 http://www.crissangel.com/video2.html#

and this one were he transports from under a barel

http://www.crissangel.com/video2.html#

760320[/snapback]

Thanks for the links thumbsup.gif . I saw the levitation again...and to me, its still phenomenal.

No offence, but I think he is somewhat of a paranormal freak...maybe i'll change my mind when I understand the ways of the 'Illusion'.

So what are you saying ? Because he is a "Paranormal freak" that what he does on his show is paranormal ? Sorry if i miss read you.

"A lot of what I do is completely real. There are no tricks. It really is the Mind, Body, and Spirit connection.

And a lot of what I do is an illusion. It's up to you to determine what is real and what is...illusion." Criss Angel......

I know what he is referring to when he says mind body and spirit, do you?....

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

I know what he is referring to when he says mind body and spirit, do you?....

All the best

Faeden

763578[/snapback]

Well, I wont be ashamed. I don't have a clue. LOL! I know NOTHING about this sort of stuff but if you are willing to share what you know I would be willing to listen. You can pm me if you would rather. I know this post wasn't to me but you got my attention! original.gif

*sigh*

This is pointless. He's a freakin' magician and you all think he has some sort of paranormal abilities because you don't know how he does his tricks? That's like a child believing their father when they use the old 'Got your nose!' trick.

Hi MaryJo

Criss Angel uses the mind body and spirit, just as a Buddhist would, its not necessarily paranormal, its more deep focus and concentration, and dedicated training and practice. He is an illusionist, being he creates illusions, it also might be interesting to know that he is also a rock star, actor, and other things, he is a dedicated showman and entertainer, need I say more, he does not levitate, or walk up walls no.gif he is a very clever entertainer, but he is no occultist, and even the best occultists in the world can not levitate, and walk up walls, even Aleister Crowley "The great beast" could not do that hmm.gif

Think about his name "Criss Angel" a very obviously chosen name if ever I heard one, in order to sound magical Chis=Christ Angel= well you do not need me to tell you how that would be considered mystical. He has also chosen the Goth look to look more like he is into dark magical things, he is playing a part.

Saying that Criss actually walks up walls and floats about, is like saying I am a witch and I can fly around on broomsticks. The most he does that might be able to be considered paranormal is maybe meditation, and deep focus, which can cause people to do things that the normal everyday person cant do, your be surprised what the human mind if capable of, but what he does of no more paranormal that what the Buddhists monks do, which is not levitation.

All the best

Faeden

Hi MaryJo

Criss Angel uses the  mind body and spirit, just as a Buddhist would, its not necessarily paranormal, its more deep focus and concentration, and dedicated training and practice. He is an illusionist, being he creates illusions, it also might be interesting to know that he is also a rock star, actor, and other things, he is a dedicated showman and entertainer, need I say more, he does not levitate, or walk up walls  no.gif he is a very clever entertainer, but he is no occultist, and even the best occultists in the world can not levitate, and walk up walls, even Aleister Crowley "The great beast" could not do that  hmm.gif

Think about his name "Criss Angel" a very obviously chosen name if ever I heard one, in order to sound magical Chis=Christ Angel= well you do not need me to tell you how that would be considered mystical. He has also chosen the Goth look to look more like he is into dark magical things, he is playing a part.

Saying that Criss actually walks up walls and floats about, is like saying I am a witch and I can fly around on broomsticks. The most he does that might be able to be considered paranormal is maybe meditation, and deep focus, which can cause people to do things that the normal everyday person cant do, your be surprised what the human mind if capable of, but what he does of no more paranormal that what the Buddhists monks do, which is not levitation.

All the best

Faeden

764185[/snapback]

Thanks for explaining that. I appreciate it. Like I said before, I HOPE he doesnt have any "special" powers! LOL! Because that would be creepy. I like him though. He is cool. But it is good to know he is just a magician.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. original.gif

*sigh*

This is pointless. He's a freakin' magician and you all think he has some sort of paranormal abilities because you don't know how he does his tricks? That's like a child believing their father when they use the old 'Got your nose!' trick.

764112[/snapback]

"you all" is pretty BROAD dont you think? Not every single, or even most, of the post on this thread is saying he is real.

Some people are looking and waiting for someone who can do those things for real.

Some people want to avoid someone like that at all costs.

That is why people wonder, and ask questions, and hope.

They arent believing he is real because they cant explain how he does something. Those that do believe he is real believe because they want to. Those of us that dont...have to have it proved to us, beyond a shadow of a doubt that he IS real before we will belive it. And even THAT it is debatable!

But it was just rude, in my opinion, to judge everyone who posted in this thread like that.

*sigh*

764112[/snapback]

"you all" is pretty BROAD dont you think? Not every single, or even most, of the post on this thread is saying he is real.

Some people are looking and waiting for someone who can do those things for real.

Some people want to avoid someone like that at all costs.

That is why people wonder, and ask questions, and hope.

They arent believing he is real because they cant explain how he does something. Those that do believe he is real believe because they want to. Those of us that dont...have to have it proved to us, beyond a shadow of a doubt that he IS real before we will belive it. And even THAT it is debatable!

But it was just rude, in my opinion, to judge everyone who posted in this thread like that.

764630[/snapback]

Agreed. I'd like to chose where he'd do his street magic, and chose the audience so I could be sure there was nothin' funky goin' down.