Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Criss Angel: Mind Freak

sub_x0ne

Ok everyone please listen. Chriss Angel is an extremely good magician. A magician. A magician creates ILLUSIONS of supernatural powers to entertain people. Sure Chriss Angel can levitate two feet into the air....using a very clever gimick. I myself can levitate 5 inches into the air....using a very clever method. How is it that David Blaine can throw a card through a glass window? Its a trick. How is it that Uri Geller bends spoons? Its a trick.

In fact, Chriss Angel has NEVER once claimed to have any supernatural powers at all. He even released two DVDs that gave the secret to two of his tricks. One is were he apparently puts a signed quarter through a sealed soda can. The other teaches his levitation. I own both. He clearly states that he is just a magician. I have even heard that he doesnt even believe in the paranormal. Magicians are so popular because they do tricks that defy explanation to the people viewing them. When you watch him levitate onto a chair, you cannot think of any possible natural explanation. But he does it using totally natural means.

Enjoy his magic for the entertainment, but do not mistake him for some supernatural/satanic, or otherwise paranormal practicioner. He is a magician. Magicians produce effects that defy explanation for purposes of entertainment. There is nothing more to it.

Until I see deffinitve proof that these acts are actually "tricks", I will firmly beleive that this guy is the real deal.

Bad methodology there. How about taking the other route. Admit that you can be fooled. It is best to assume that they are tricks considering he refers to himself as a magician. The only way i would conceed that he had some powers is if he passed The Amazing Randi's one million dollar challenge. You dont see him running to have his "powers" tested do you? That is because he is an illusionist, a very good one at that.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• magician72120

• _hAiLO_

• coldethyl

Ok everyone please listen. Chriss Angel is an extremely good magician. A magician. A magician creates ILLUSIONS of supernatural powers to entertain people. You dont see him running to have his "powers" tested do you? That is because he is an illusionist, a very good one at that.

i do agree, for example, we've seen him 'fortell' the winning lottery numbers, though if there really weren't a trick involved in that, why would he be wasting his time doing magic when he could go around and win every lottery there was?

By the way, for all of you true Chriss Angel believers, here are two direct quotes from Chriss Angel himself.

"I do not believe that anyone has the ability to do anything that is supernatural."

"I don't have any powers, and yet people tell me I do."

He said that on the Penn Jillette Radio Show. So there you go. Chriss Angel is not only not supernatural, he doesn't even BELIEVE in the supernatural.

Edited by Skeptic102

Many of Criss' effects can be explained...if you have a knowledge of how magic works. The trick with a quarter moving down the arm is called "Surgical Reveal", and was released on the market several years ago. It is true that Criss released one of his levitations on DVD. It's quite clever and I use it very often. Criss is nothingt more than a talented magician with a few good tricks and some excellent camera tricks. Any of his demonstrations can be performed by anyone else. No special powers. :rolleyes:

Edited by magician72120

• 1 month later...

why would he be wasting his time doing magic when he could go around and win every lottery there was?

Don't you think he likes to do magic? Is money the only thing in life for you?

What do you think is the hardest; Fly with some kind of magical power, or create an illusion that makes people believe that you have magical powers?

I think the second alternative is harder. That's why i am so impressed.

The thing i like with the show is to try figure out how the illusions are done, and many of them are easy to figure out.

When i look through thiss mess of replies, it looks like everyone thinks that he needs a wire going right up in the air to levitate. It could as well be wires out horizontal, or things sticking up from the ground.

I'm training card magic every day, and i love the art of tricking people. It's also an easy way of making money. Btw, im 15 years old.

• 3 weeks later...

O K ppl... i have read the full thread and i cant stop to wonder... why some one with those amazing powers only seem to use them to entretain or to personal proffits, i mean... if the guy can fly and stuff well how about teaching the common ppl about this hidden power latent in each and every one of us... or maybe start learning the healing powers... or perharps he could win those loteries and give them to the poor... i mean the guy is the real deal dont he?? why i cant stop wondering why??

I got the answer right here: HE IS AN ILUSIONIST WHO PERFORMS MAGIC TRICKS!!

:o (cant be) yes he is... and he knows it... he even present himself as one... hes not wrong... hes a man doing his job as an entreteiner... the problem is us... why do we have the need to belive in something else, why do we have to always search up for somethig that does not exist (god, aliens magic powers) when all we got to do is start to belive in US.. not United States, but us, you and me... theres alot of sh** going on in the world that deserves far more attention than diz... perharps we should think about diz...

I know what it comes next.. let the crap begins...

:D:tu:

Criss Angel is a magician that does street magic. If you know who David Blane is, they are very similar. He does magic that I've never seen anyone else do before and I can't think of any way the tricks are done. If anyone has seen Criss Angel's special or his show, you know what I'm talking about. He has a new show on TLC called Criss Angel: Mind Freak, and it's on at 10:00 P.M. eastern, in the US.

Has anyone else seen Criss Angel's magic before?

this guy is absolutely amazing,i have seen him do some pretty amazing stuff. including levitation.i highly recommend anyone to watch ''mindfreak'' its on a&e at 10:00pm.begining may 31st you gotta check this guy out!!! :tu::tu::D:D

Criss Angel is a magician,and an illusionist.

Whether or not someone like himself would decide

to use the occult or supernatural energies within

their performances ; they are not going to reveal

the source of their tricks nor are they going to reveal

their limitations. That's why magicians do magic.

You, the audience are to be in awe and wonder.

We have the power to accomplish

impossible realities with our minds, but when the mind

introduces the soul into a meditative state of concentration,

then that boundary of reality has become shifted through supernatural realism, not bound to physical law.

In some of his performances, he is in

fact using supernatural element. The flesh in our heads cannot

levitate a force, outside of supernatural element or concentration.

The will power of other people behind you makes it that much more powerful. Occult is nothing more than the mind isn't it, r is it ?

Something to think about.

Mentalists know how to hypnotize people and even themselfs, they use clever wording and the power of suggestion to alter reality.

Mentalism is real folks no doubt, there are people who you it all around the world but don't go far with it. Mentalism is real and not fake, How many different ways can a mentalist secretly try to hypnotize you until it works? I have heard of people that have been hypnotized and could perform mind over matter or future telling, and alot of other paranormal stuff. Criss angel may not be real but i am

Edited by Avius

i wish they would just show how they do these tricks.. the garabge can.... the walkin on water, traped in that water entrapment then showin up on the pontiac.. making people float.. that thing with the helicopter and hanging by his skin i think thats the only thing that MIGHT be real..

Ah yes, but if Magigicians reveal their tricks (because that is all they ever are. They are NOT some form of occultist behaviour.) It would no longer be magic would it? It wouldn't impress and amaze you.

The point of magic is to take your audience back to a child like state of wonder, where everything seems possible. If Criss Angel turned around at the end of his stunts and said "by the way, what I actually did was..." It would ruin the whole thing for you. You'd feel cheated, and trust me, disappointed.

The fact that this thread has been around for so long just goes to show how effective this dude is as a magician. He's got you all wondering. And that is what magic is all about - wonder.

that thing with the helicopter and hanging by his skin i think thats the only thing that MIGHT be real..

I think it is.

Although he was probably attached by a hidden cable,just in case.

Props to the mindfreak! :clap:

I saw David Blaine putting a needle right through his hand on his latest show the other night,that was real too.

Props to the Blainster! :tsu:

Whatever happened to the cups and balls? :hmm:

Magic is so extreme these days. :D

ya thats where im different ill see a magic trick then i will have to find out how it works or ill get like agrivated.. as wrong as that might be thats how i am.. i like to know how things work rather then just be suprised and move on.. thats why im wondering how all these tricks work lol.. im sure there is some website revealing them all

And that my friend is how I became a magician. Saw Derren Brown's Russian Roulette stunt and had to know how it was done.

The more you learn the more you find which needs answers and before you know it you're the one keeping people awake until 3am because they're trying to work out how you made your pulse stop.

If you really want to know how it's done I'm afraid it's a rather long and at times expensive route which needs to be taken via Amazon and E-bay. Entirely enjoyable though. :yes:

The more you learn the more you find which needs answers and before you know it you're the one keeping people awake until 3am because they're trying to work out how you made your pulse stop.

If you really want to know how it's done I'm afraid it's a rather long and at times expensive route which needs to be taken via Amazon and E-bay. Entirely enjoyable though. :yes:

I agree,although it can be very cheap too,(squash ball under armpit! ;) ),a pack of cards,a coin and a decent magic book.

Loads of decent tricks can be found out from the web too.Which im not sure is good or bad?

Once the basics of mentalism is understood no money is needed at all.Just a good acting ability and heaps of confidence.

Derren Brown rocks.I've seen him perform a few times and am constantly amazed at his stuff.

I agree,although it can be very cheap too,(squash ball under armpit! ;) ),a pack of cards,a coin and a decent magic book.

Loads of decent tricks can be found out from the web too.Which im not sure is good or bad?

Once the basics of mentalism is understood no money is needed at all.Just a good acting ability and heaps of confidence.

Derren Brown rocks.I've seen him perform a few times and am constantly amazed at his stuff.

Hush, keep it quiet! :P

Yeah the web does have some good sites, (You're right, is this good or bad?) but if you want to go into deeper detail I find books are best.

Hush, keep it quiet! :P

Yeah the web does have some good sites, (You're right, is this good or bad?) but if you want to go into deeper detail I find books are best.

Sorry, :blush: (sometimes I drop little clangers,to get the kids interested. ;) )

I agree,books are definately the best.

DVDs are good but a book stays with you and the tricks are learnt more personally,making it more your own,if you know what I mean. :huh:

I think the nets great for magic,but when I see sites giving away the secret to lots of great tricks it makes me feel queasy.

I've seen both of Criss Angels new DVD effects(coin in can and his levitation) being revealed on lots of those funny video sites,College humour,downtime,??(U know the ones.)

I think exposure can be good for magic as it will make us try harder to come up with newer,better effects? :w00t: but sometimes its just not fair! :blink:

^_^:tu:

For those of you who seek to find the secrets to the illusions....What would you do with the secrets you learn? Curiosity is not a good enough reason to expose an illusion that someone has painstakingly created. As aprofessional illusionist, myself...I ask, is it too much to ask to just be entertained? Why do some people blame the illusion on occultic activity, or demonic whatever? Is it not easier to explain and rationalize it as JUST an illusion? :hmm: That makes so much more sense. :rolleyes:

For those people who seek the secrets to a person's illusions....it's one thing to learn the secret, but it's another to expose it. And the people that expose the secrets...whether it be in a forum, or an entire website devoted to exposing the secrets to magic....I absolutely have no respect for them and feel they are nothing but bottom-feeders who couldn't have a successful career in magic and thus feel the need to try to ruin everyone else's magic career as well. :angry2:

People do not realize the damage that exposing the secret to an illusion does. The damage can be ruining and the damage is permanent. :no:

That's my two cents worth.

Michal

Edited by magician72120

lol... dont really need a reason... its not like magic can cure world hunger so if we find out or not its not gunna hurt anybody...its just knowledge to know..

But unless you're going to perform the illusion, it is worthless knowledge. And if the illusionist wanted the secret known...I think he would probably make it known....however, that particular illusion could NEVER be performed in public again....EVER. Which would be a waste of the creator's time and effort in creating the illusion, not to mention all the money lost on the illusion. The expense of building the illusion and the money that pays the illusionist and assistants to perform the illusion. By exposing magic secrets, the livlihood of magicians are affected.

As for exposing magic to force magicians to come up with better illusions...that's garbage. When's the last time you saw Copperfield on television? Been a long time hasn't it? I had a lunch with him about a year ago, and he said all this is exactly why he hasn't been on TV...too much exposure. He has no plans to return to TV anytime soon. No time, and no desire.

lol.. ok ok.. really not THAT big of a deal to me lol... anyway.. i just saw him going under a garbage can that appearing above the building.. thats crazzy lol... i think that was staged though..

I think it is important to remember that magic is a form of entertainment. Some people find the entertainment in working out how something is done.

We can't stop people from doing this, it's human nature. People want things explaning to them. Yes it can be frustrating, yes i've come away from a performance more then once dearly wanting to kick the irritating little kid who ruined the effect at the last moment, but I think that's what makes performing magic so interesting. It keeps you on your toes. Forces you to advance in your magic, and to go even further then you would usually be comfortable with.