Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Incidents' spark Tube evacuation

Mr Ed

It might not be detenators.

Eyewitnesses say that the guy on the tube was shocked.

He might have thought that he was a suicide bomber, but his bomb didn't go off.

Otherwise why the hell would he let off a small detenator in the middle of a crowded tube?

They got another guy at whitehall.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Ed

• Babs

• wunarmdscissor

• warden

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop blaming all muslims for gods sake, how can you blame more than 1 billion people for what a few hundred or thousand people do. Islam is a tolerant religion, people who blow up innocent people and call themself muslims arent really muslims as it goes against the religion.

1 injury so far reported at Warren St.

745899[/snapback]

He was the terrorist.

For some reason, only the detonators of all 5 bombs went off.

Guest Lottie

London's Tube network has been plunged into chaos with stations cleared after minor blasts on two trains and a bus.

Met Police chief Sir Ian Blair said three Tube lines were suspended but it was time London returned to normal.

The minor explosions - two weeks after blasts killed 56 - involved detonators only, a BBC reporter said. There was one injury.

Police sources say the blasts may have been near simultaneous and that they are being linked with the 7 July bombs.

They say a number of fugitives are being sought. Two people have been arrested in Whitehall.

Detectives are recovering a lot of evidence from the sites, and believe the latest events may either be a repetition of the 7 July attacks or may help with a breakthrough in the investigation.

Eyewitnesses heard bangs and saw abandoned rucksacks at the sites of the incidents at Warren Street and Oval tube stations as well as the number 26 bus in Bethnal Green.

There was an attempt to cause an explosion at Shepherd's Bush Hammersmith and City line, police said.

Police told reporters that a man had threatened to blow himself up and then ran off.

At Warren Street and Oval a man was seen running away from the scene.

On the bus, there were no injuries and the bus suffered no structural damage.

Large areas around all four sites were cordoned off. Tests for chemical, biological and radiological weapons proved negative.

One person was injured at Warren Street. There were reports the injured person may have been holding a rucksack containing the detonator.

In other developments:-

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Hammersmith and City line.

University College Hospital was cordoned off twice, with armed police entering the building. There were reports they were searching for a suspect from the Warren Street incident.

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, Sir Ian Blair, Lord Chancellor Lord Falconer, Attorney General Lord Goldsmith, Immigration Minister Des Browne and Transport Secretary Alistair Darling attended Downing Street for a meeting with the prime minister.

There were also alerts at Wood Lane in Shepherd's Bush, around St Paul's and, outside London, at St Albans station.

A number of other stations were closed during the alert, including Great Portland Street, Westminster, Waterloo, St Paul's and Oxford Circus tube stations, as well as Waterloo tube station and King's Cross Thameslink.

Sir Ian appealed for witnesses with mobile phone pictures of any of the incidents to visit the www.police.uk website.

Prime Minister Tony Blair said: "We can't minimise incidents such as this because they obviously have been serious in the four different places as we know.

"I think all I'd like to say is this that we know why these things are done, they're done to scare people and to frighten them, to make them anxious and worried."

Sofiane Mohellebi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke - it was like something was burning. "Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

link

One possibility is that this may have been a copy-cat attack by another terror group. But used home made explosives - and got the formula wrong. So that the explosives either did not explode, partially detonated or just set some of the chemicals on fire. The difference being that the group 2 weeks ago got the mixture right.

London's Tube network has been plunged into chaos with stations cleared after minor blasts on two trains and a bus.

Met Police chief Sir Ian Blair said three Tube lines were suspended but it was time London returned to normal. 

The minor explosions - two weeks after blasts killed 56 - involved detonators only, a BBC reporter said. There was  one injury.

Police sources say the blasts may have been near simultaneous and that they are being linked with the 7 July bombs. 

They say a number of fugitives are being sought. Two people have been arrested in Whitehall.

Detectives are recovering a lot of evidence from the sites, and believe the latest events may either be a repetition of the 7 July attacks or may help with a breakthrough in the investigation.

Eyewitnesses heard bangs and saw abandoned rucksacks at the sites of the incidents at Warren Street and Oval tube stations as well as the number 26 bus in Bethnal Green.

There was an attempt to cause an explosion at Shepherd's Bush Hammersmith and City line, police said.

Police told reporters that a man had threatened to blow himself up and then ran off. 

At Warren Street and Oval a man was seen running away from the scene.

On the bus, there were no injuries and the bus suffered no structural damage.

Large areas around all four sites were cordoned off. Tests for chemical, biological and radiological weapons proved negative. 

One person was injured at Warren Street. There were reports the injured person may have been holding a  rucksack containing the detonator.

In other developments:-

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Hammersmith and City line. 

University College Hospital was cordoned off twice, with armed police entering the building. There were reports they were searching for a suspect from the Warren Street incident.

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, Sir Ian Blair, Lord Chancellor Lord Falconer, Attorney General Lord Goldsmith, Immigration Minister Des Browne and Transport Secretary Alistair Darling attended Downing Street for a meeting with the prime minister.

There were also alerts at Wood Lane in Shepherd's Bush, around St Paul's and, outside London, at St Albans station.

A number of other stations were closed during the alert, including Great Portland Street, Westminster, Waterloo, St Paul's and Oxford Circus tube stations, as well as Waterloo tube station and King's Cross Thameslink. 

Sir Ian appealed for witnesses with mobile phone pictures of any of the incidents to visit the www.police.uk website.

Prime Minister Tony Blair said: "We can't minimise incidents such as this because they obviously have been serious in the four different places as we know. 

"I think all I'd like to say is this that we know why these things are done, they're done to scare people and to frighten them, to make them anxious and worried."

Sofiane Mohellebi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke  - it was like something was burning. "Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

link

746347[/snapback]

yea we just whant this sh** to stop and just get on has normal life with out any bombing sh** has still going to happen all over again again damm them sh**

Face-to-face with a suspected bomber

by RYAN BATTLES, Mail online

17:32pm 21st July 2005

A 28-year-old Tube passenger revealed today how he came face-to-face with a suspected suicide bomber as his detonator went off on London's Underground.

Abisha Moyo, who was on a Hammersmith and City Tube from Paddington to Hamersmith on his way to a job interview, was talking on his mobile phone, when he heard a loud bang 'which sounded like a pistol.'

"I turned round and thought someone had been shot because there was a man lying on the ground with his arms outstretched in a Jesus Christ position lying on top of a rucksack face up", he said.

"He had his eyes shut and there was a puff of smoke coming from the bag.

"Some girls started screaming, the emergency cable was pulled and everyone starting running away from him towards the front of the train.

"I stayed where I was because I wasn't sure what had happened to him and thought he might have been shot. I went went up to him and said: 'Are you alright mate?' But he just ignored me and kept his eyes shut."

"He looked about 19 or 20-years-old, of mixed-race, clean shaven and dressed smartly in jeans, a navy blue T-shirt and baseball cap.

"The rucksack was ripped at the bottom with some kind of muslin showing and some gooey lard coming out of it. I could see what looked like a pressurised cannister or tube and there was a strong smell of vinegar.

"Then people in the other carriage shouted at me to move away from him and come over to the other carriage where they were.

"I looked back and saw him stand up looking disorientated and confused. He then walked to the back of the carriage leaving the bag and his cap on the floor and I could see some copper wire showing out of the back of his T-shirt. It was then I clicked he was an attempted suicide bomber.

"He then opened the emergency exit door and jumped down onto the tracks and started calmly walking away down the line heading west.

"I thought should I go after him - but didn't. I don't know what happened to him after that.

"We then pulled into the platform at Shepherd's Bush and were ushered out of the station by London Underground.

"I felt quite calm during the whole thing which probably lasted about 10 minutes. It only really hit me after I had given a statement to the police."

Abisha, originally from Zimbabwe, but who has been living in London for the past 10 years, was out of the country during the London terror attacks two weeks ago, returning the day after on July 8.

"I've always said you shouldn't let these things affect your life and this today just makes me mad."

dailymail.co.uk

Perhaps security is tighter, since the last attacks, and this was the best the terrorists could do. I think that is probably the case.

This man that the police have got in the hospital could hold so many clues to 7/7 , today,and what is to come in the future,i wonder how the athorities will deal with him in getting info,or will they treat him with kid gloves knowing the PC brigade,human rights and civial liberties gang ,not to mention the worlds press will have their beedy eyes on him

I am starting to be swayed a little by certain people views on the law in this site,so cant we torture him and get it that way

warden...I hear that. That's just how us Americans have felt. disgust.gif

Unfortunaltely, as someone else said, today, I also think there will be another attack... or an attempted attack. Although, with tighter securities in place, it will be harder to get that done.

Edited by Babs

warden...I hear that. That's just how us Americans have felt. disgust.gif 

Unfortunaltely, as someone else said, today, I also think there will be another attack... or an attempted attack. Although, with tighter securities in place, it will be harder to get done.

746401[/snapback]

Maybe,my thinking is ,if london is going to be as tight as a ducks **** then we might see bombings in other cities,we have massive problems in other cities where the muslim population feel left out,abandoned,hated so we could see something happening in one of them,security is not so tight and a lot of the muslim communities keep themselfs to themselfs so any chance of anyone finding out what people are up to and getting reported to the police are slim

O god!

Got to get off of the board. Stay alert and be safe, warden. sad.gif

Got to get off of the board. Stay alert and be safe, warden. sad.gif

746431[/snapback]

I shall ,but my worry is my oldest daughter is going to london this saturday with her friend to visit family for four days,i am thinking of not letting her go but then i have gave into these terrorists angry.gif

Had to listen to the tube, and see what's happening to London. Bush was on, talking to the American people. Things get a little crazy, around here, when Britain is hit....there is such a strong link to Britain, here, you know. original.gif

I can see how you would be concerned about your daughter. I wouldn't want her to go either. And, yes, the friggin terrorists, want you to be afraid and want you to disrupt your life...

The guns are out here.

Edited by Babs

yeah its great babs something to be REALLY happy about..................

You should read up on this thread, you might be surprized at what we are talking about, instead of attacking me for nothing.

Oh??..then you just must want to fight. grin2.gif Well, count me out, I don't want this thread to go down. See ya.

no i wasnt gonna make ne other post , i just dont like the gung ho attitude youve got , i sed wot i wanted an i wont say nethin else so dont leave the thread because of that.

I'll remove the gun-happy faces, what I meant to say was, we are mobilizing, the guns are out here. From New York City to San Franciso. Bush has come out to talk to the American people, and we got 'the dogs out' in our transportation systems.

Edited by Babs