Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Footsteps

vivian_grace

I am starting to believe that my house my have a ghost in it - long story which I'll share in another post. However I'm becomming interesting in 'foosteps' which we keep hearing.

It started with footsteps on our roof - loud ones which coulnd't possibly be anything but someone running or walking on our roof. A two story house in the middle of suburbia in the dead of night with no one seeing anything. Then we began hearing footsteps in the front rooms of our house - just soft footfalls pacing back and forth. The latest footsteps I heard was when I was outside at night going up the backsteps - I heard someone running across out lawn. Loud - you know, like someone was jogging across the grass. But no one was there.

So I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has ever experienced these footsteps and hearing any other ghost stories.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vivian_grace

• Eva Evermore

• Carla

• NJC

That’s interesting i hear allot of footsteps in my house. I think my cat is responsible for these though lol. Maybe the ghost would respond well with a séance if its noisy , just a suggestion.

Vivian Grace,

if the footsteps ur hearin are soft could be some animal causin them,pet or somethin,especially if the roof surface is sensible in a way..hope u understand what im tryin to say!

I agree with NJC's question,if this happened durin rain this could well give an explanation as well..

But then again u could really have some mystery there,especially the last time u experienced it,i think its interestin!

P.S. for Peako(again tongue.gif ): I love cats! But unfortunately i cant have one,not for the moment..dont ask me why i get p***ed mad.gif Aaahh im jealous of uuu!!

As I said, these are *heavy* and loud footsteps. They couldn't be anything except something man sized or larger. The Footsteps did not occur in the rain and when coupled with all the other horrible things in our house it makes for one freaky experience. The only time we heard soft footsteps was when we heard them in the front of our house...although that could havebeen someone breaking in original.gif.

We live in an area of brisbane where we always have possums and cats on the roof - but they make little tiny scrabbling footsteps. We hear possums so often that you just ignor them when they're having little possum parties and chasing each other over the roof. I mean th epossums ae loud but its their screaming thats loud, not their footstes. The footsteps in question reverberate around the house. When I say loud I mean loud.

I didn't post wanted people to back up the ghost story, I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever experienced this.

I always heard footsteps in the house I grew up in. They started shortly after we moved in. They were always heavy and would go upstairs, into my bedroom and into my closet. Then they would go back across my room and down the stairs. This would happen off and on during the night. I looked when I heard them but never saw anything which freaked me out even more! I would have chalked it up to my imagination except there were several friends and family members who heard them as well. To this day my mom says she still hears them but they don't occur as often as they used to.

Santa must be early this year....

Well never had really experiences with footsteps...

...although we have this empty room in the house...

The room isn't used since my grandpa died...

...at night you can hear weird noices...

................or footsteps.....................

D. has a haunted room in the house...

...must be bats in there...

Edited by Dre_T_Hunter

I have heard of many instances of foot steps being heard, but never in such a manner. Your story is the first I have ever heard of the foot steps changing in heaviness and roaming around to that many different places. I honestly have no idea as to what kind of haunting (or anything else) that could be causing that, but I am quite intrigued and hope to hear more of your story.

I don't mean to alarm you, but there are sickos out there who like to break into people's homes not to actually take stuff, just to walk around. Sort of like a voyeur. So be careful.

Have you tried rigging a video camera to record the room at night?

Hi Vivian...

I read your posting with great interest. Probably because as I have said in another posting, the house I was raised in had a personality living with us.

You see, with life energys (ghosts and I hate that word) that are still in the realm of the living, many don't understand what is happening, in other words they are lost and don't know where to go...hence the expression "lost soul".

Since they are indeed 100% energy, they are bound to make a very audible noise when they move.

So the foot steps you hear are probably that of spirit energy.

As far as the roof goes...it was probably in your attic if you have one.

By some chance, if you get the opportunity ...and you don't mind people thinking you are a bit "tilted", just tell the entity in a pleasant voice to look for the light and to go to it, friends or family will be there to guide them through.

~Shylock~

Edited by ShylocksGhost

I don't mean to alarm you, but there are sickos out there who like to break into people's homes not to actually take stuff, just to walk around. Sort of like a voyeur. So be careful.

Have you tried rigging a video camera to record the room at night?

748847[/snapback]

Heh, I live in one of the most notorious subburbs in Brisbane. We've been broken into once and I've been stalked home more times then I can count on one hand. Doesn't worry me much though - you grow up with these things and you learn to kinda...well...they become part of life. Besides which - living in a dodgy subburb has advantages. The house we rent has bars on all the windows plus all the doors have three locks, well okay, just the front door. The back only has two - paranoid house owners? I hear you.

The footsteps though...I'd believe it was a person but there isn't really anyway someone could get on our roof. Two stories high, no trees or high fences of drain pipes close to the house. Plus the one time we heard really loud noises we ran outsides and saw absoloutely nothing. Strangeness.

The neighbours told us when we moved in that our house had a history of bad vibes. Before us they went through new tenants every six months. We've stuck it our for two years...but then we had new carpet and the walls repainted before me moved in (which makes you wonder just what happened in the house that made the need for new paint and carpets so necessary!)

Since moving in I've performed one clearing and have had several nasty encounters with the thing in our house. The most memorable was when a tiny wooden santa christmas decoration was thrown at me from its perch on top of the TV set. Plus there is the whole fork thing...we kept hearing cutlery jangling at night and we'd find out forks piled up on the kitchen floor.

I could tell you some great stories about our house. The best incidents always happen when we have guests over. They always get so freaked out when stuff moves.

You should tell us more, it is getting more interesting!

If you hear footsteps out on the roof, go check it out to make sure it's not an actual person. Make sure you are quiet so you don't startle the person and or random thing.

If you hear footsteps out on the roof, go check it out to make sure it's not an actual person.  Make sure you are quiet so you don't startle the person and or random thing.

750243[/snapback]

She has already told us that she has gone out side and checked.

Our back garden is kinda...wild disgust.gif it's mainly mulch and grass so I don't know if I'd see anything but I'll certainly have a good look next time I hear something.

Hmmm, okay - I'll tell you about the ghost story from the begining. When we moved into the house it had odd vibes. Like no matter where you went in the house you felt like you were being watched. These feelings were especially strong in the downstairs rooms and in the front sunroom.

It started with me and another girl seeing things out of the corners of our eyes (we were also the ones who lived in the front rooms and downstairs). We'd think we would see movement or people and occasionally we'd just hink we saw something. Kinda creepy, but nothing too strange or unusual. Then the vibes got worse. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep - I'd feel as though someone was in the room with me, watching me. Uusually this happened between 11pm and 2am, although once I stayed awake all night because the feeling was so strong. Whenever I got wiggy vibes downstairs the girl in the upstairs front room would also get odd vibes.

Eventually we started seeing things properly. I'd turn around and see something small and childlike standing in the corner of the room- I'd blink and it would be gone. One time I woke up at night and a face was staring at me from my bedroom door. The creepiest thing thatever happened was when I saw this white...mist thing. I can't really explain what it looked like, I think in my livejournal at the time I described it as this flickering light thing. Anyway - after that I would get creeped out if I was alone downstairs. By now everyone in the house had seen something odd.

Things were moving around the house - the whole fork on the kitchen floor thing, things would randomly drop off the walls or falls off benches and counter tops, plus when I was decorating for christmas there was one wall where no decoration woud stay up. Plus the wooden santa was hurled at me from on the TV set.

My friends and I quickly got sick of everything that was happening. We did a clearing - my grandmother is a psychic-healer and we have a long line of gifts in my family line so it wasn't hard to hook some white sage and dragonsblood and various other herbs which I mixed and burnt.

After the clearing everything was fine. Tnen the house got...odd. It happened really abruptly. We heard the loud runnign sounds on our roof one night 0 ran out and saw nothing - but from then on the presence was back. Cupboards would swing open by themselves, the oven would turn itself on and off - one of the hotplates on the stove even warped out of shape by itself when the oven wasn't on. Our friend was staying over one night and she heard soft padding footsteps on the carpet. She turned arounds tolook over the couch and the large double door wardrobe against the wall swung open and the coathangers inside were moving. She freaked out. Then of course I saw the thing in the garden, lucy saw the thingin the garden...and I took a picture one night that had this small crouching figure in the background.

Anyhow - all very odd.

Wow! I can only imagine how hard all of that is to live with. I would love to see that picture though.

While it was happening it was surprisingly easy to tolerate...at least until things got messed up. Like the santa thing.