Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hand with a hook

E.B.E.

A teenager drove his date to Lovers' Lane for a make-out session before it was time to take her home. The place was very dark and deserted. After turning on the radio for a bit of mood music, he leaned over and began kissing her.

Suddenly the music stopped and an announcer's voice came on, warning in an urgent tone that a convicted murderer had just escaped from the state insane asylum — which happened to be nearby — and that anyone who noticed a stranger lurking about with a hook in place of his right hand should report his whereabouts to the police immediately.

The girl was frightened and asked to be taken home. Instead, the boy locked all the doors and assured her they were safe and tried to kiss her again. She became frantic and pushed him away, insisting that they leave. Peevishly, he relented, jerking the car into gear and spinning the wheels of the car as he pulled out of the parking space.

When they arrived at her house she got out of the car, and, reaching to close the door, began to scream uncontrollably. The boy ran around to her side to see what was wrong and there, dangling from the door handle, was a bloody hook.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apocalyptic Cryptid

• matthewgoad

• Dando Kast

• kourui

Do you have a little more information...

Like what kind of hook it was...

Meathook... Fishing Hook...

....'I know what you did last Summer'-Hook...

D. almost thought Peter Pan...

...finally get rid of Hook!

Okay me and my girl Jes were driving down a old road at 11:00pm trying to get home at that very second. While we see a man in a poncho with a hook hand. I about freaked. Me and my girl hurried up and locked the doors. I hailed butt home and like we smoked like freight trains that night. I swear it was the man with a hook hood. yes.gif

*I was sober and so was my girl*

I've heard that one millions of times and I don't believe it one bit.

laugh.gif It's one of the oldest legends out there, right alongside the guy who sneaks into the back of people's cars with a knife when they stop at petrol stations. Totally unfounded in truth terms.

Sounds like

The Candyman had been called. He'd be the first man on my hook handed list.

It could be that Arabic man who had his hand replaced.

I used to know a dude with a hook as a hand, it was his right hand i think.

He used to be our school security guard, but he left last year.

I've heard this about a million times, it'd be truely terrifying if it really happened.

anyone heard the one about how the car breaks down and he goes to get gas and the guy hangs him from the tree and she thinks its him knocking but its the blood dripping/shoe hitting the top of the car.

People, there isn't really much to debate about whether or not this is true....would any mental institution allow a dangerous inmate to have a hook hand? Hell, they don't even allow them to wear glasses in case they break the lenses to use as weapons.

It's another one of those stories that is meant to prevent teens from dipping in the pool a little to early... hell... if I were 17 - 18 you wouldn't catch me dead (hehe) in a car all alone in the woods late at night.... it's just common sense you'd think... it's the same thing for the guy hanging in the tree..... so the moral is this:

Girls should be a little more careful of who they go alone with, just because a guy is nice at a party doesn't mean he isn't a rapist pig just waiting to get you alone....

the hook is a very good analogy of how close she came to getting pregnant or anything else that could have happened...

Edited by Black Ops

Weird spooky stories are weird.... i mean.. i wish i had a hook for a left hand.. but i woulnt want it caught on a door and ripped off.....But why did they let a man in an asylem keep a hook instead of like either teling him to live with out the hand.. or get him a nice prostetic..i mean.. isnt that unsafe. we have and insane man here with other ill people and we are going to let him walk around WITH A HOOK!! thats dangerous!

Captain Hook? grin2.gif

All I know is that if you have a hook for a hand you really have to be careful about picking your nose. One time with the wrong hand and you can pull your brain out. Mmmm labotamy.

This has been around since the 1950's. Its just a made up story to discourage teenagers from driving off in cars with a member of the opposite sex and well...ya know...*wink wink nudge nudge*

More of a look into the legend.