Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human Cloning: Right or Wrong?

Human Cloning. Should it be restricted, or should scientists have the freedom to clone as they please?

I've got 2 debaters who will argue this question.

JohnnyBoyC will debate that human cloning is right;

Neo2005 will debate that it is wrong.

Please remember: post within the 7 day timeframe, quote all of your sources, any plagarizing will cause you to automatically lose the debate. You will each post one introduction, five body posts and one conclusion.

Any questions, please PM me.

You may begin when ready. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnnyBoyC

• Neo2005

My first debate i got high hopes for this one.

Introduction

Life. If there is anything that we learn from it, it is that it is very short and that you should live everyday to the fullest.There are somthings in this world that can cross the line of ethics and morality and cloning IMO is one of these.Cloning people is a very dangerous thing to be tampering with you have to acess all of the instances that can happen and make sure that you deal with them in a ethical fashion.

We must first ask ourselves why?Why do we need a clone of ourselves.For a friend for a donor if you get sick.If you needed a heart and went to yuor clone to get one you would have to kill him/her.That's murder regardless of the outcome for the other person.We shouldn't be making people for harvesting reasons, that's pretty sick.

We must also ask the most dangerous question you can ever ask.What If?

What if the cloning process goes wrong and your left with a deformed and useless piece of organs and tissue.What to do with this?Throw it away?

I truley believe that life and death are natural and anyway that you can cheat death by harvesting a person's organs that were made for the sole purpose of ust that is wrong and very sick.

We live we Die.Get used to it.

Good luck JohnnyBoyC maybe the best man win. thumbsup.gif

Also thanks alot Dis for putting this together so fast.

I support Human Cloning in the defense that a human clone does not have to be an organ donor, one can be created to be a companion or to replace a lost loved one. A human clone would have the same thinking tactics as a biological human. Therefore, biological or genetically engineered, it wpuld have the same rights as a human, so it would be the cones CHOICE to become a donor, just as it is a biological organisim. A race of clones would in a sense be 'cool' if it was kind, it would help do things, and get a job, and support the family! Unfortunatly human cloning was made illegal in 2001, and I support that that law should be repealed because there is no reason why a clone is unethical, other than in religion.

Body

Cloning is a very dangerous thing to be tampering with.If something were to go wrong and really mess up the life of the clone what shold be done?It is a biological being as you said in your previous post, so what should be done with the clone if it is pain or doesn't want to live anymore as a disfigured or diseased person.

It sounds sick to me when you say the said clone can be used as a "replacement" for a lost loved one.When someone dies it's a natural part of life itis supposed to happen.What your saying is a neverending life which is wrong.Nothing can replace the life of a lost person you may have a physical person there but you will always know that the real person is gone and is never coming back.

Technology should not have to prove its power by being the first to create a human life for fun. By going through with this procedure, scientists are raising dangers as well as severe consequences. No one knows what this "semi-human" may bring to out society.

The "semi-human" could become a murderer or a rapist or a child molestor because of something that went wrong in the process of creating the person in question.

Cloning will not only open up a whole bunch of regular moral issues, but this will open pandora's box of religeous issues.Catholosism for one is 100% against human cloning.Catholics are against artificial insemination and will defend it to the end of days.Some have even resorted to murdering doctors and setting fire or even mailing bombs to places who conduct this kind of research and provide this service.If they are willing to go to thses lengths for that cause what do you think will stop them from doing the same or even worse things to a lab with clones or half finished clones inside.The result could be more horrible than you could even imagine.

Not only will cloning affect the world around us but maybe someday we will live in a world where there are carbon copy's of celebrities walking around or maybe people who are only beautifull.We live in a world were unfortunatly beauty is #1 in everyones book.Someone could also decide that they don;t want their clone to become gay or they want to tamper with their brain so that they will only turn out one way.One part of being human is the ability to make your OWN choices and not let your parents or in this matter your "maker" decide who you are going to be.

Quote:

http://allfreeessays.com/student/human_cloning_is_BAD.html

POST 1

------------------------------

Tell me, what if a HUMAN was BORN disfigured? There would be no difference! It would live, if it were in pain, as yourself ,What would a doctor do to a human like this? Obviously give it painkillers or some other medication. If a clone were to go wild and become a criminal, there would be no confuision as to whether or not it was the real human or the clone, because clones dont have navels. Plus, like you say, it could be programmed to be good.

Not only will cloning affect the world around us but maybe someday we will live in a world where there are carbon copy's of celebrities walking around or maybe people who are only beautifull.We live in a world were unfortunatly beauty is #1 in everyones book

Of course celebrities would pay big bucks for clones to get publicity or to distract paparazi and other things like that. But no one could ever actually confuse one for their clone, so no wrong could be done.

A human clone has a myrid of things to do, simply because, they would have ALL the choices we do. They would have all the freedoms we do, and could be used to repopulate places after a natural disaster or somthing of that sort. A human clone would open a myrid of opportunities and would not have to look exactly like the person due to embriotic engineering.

Body 2:

If a clone were to go wild and become a criminal, there would be no confuision as to whether or not it was the real human or the clone, because clones dont have navels. Plus, like you say, it could be programmed to be good.

How do you kow that clones don;t have navels?No one has ever created a clone.

I think the biggest quiestion for this debate is why do we need a clone it doesn't make any sense.To replace a loved one is silly you'd always have that stigma in the back of your mind it's sick.

We could be using the millions upon millions of dollars funding the cloning research to cure aids or cancer,then maybe we wouldn't have to replace a loved one.we shouldn;t be tampering with the fabric of reproduction it;s to dangerous and to expensive.There are many other things we could be using this money for.

They would have all the freedoms we do, and could be used to repopulate places after a natural disaster or somthing of that sort.

Why would they need to repopulate what about the survivors.

After the tsunami(which was the biggest natural disaster to date) there were still alot of people left alive to repopulate and rebuild.

Human cloning is right, because we would see ourselves in a new light. We would be able to make people without reproduction. And I know that clones do not have navels because Navels ae left behind from the umbilical cord, which is only found in the biological human.

Human cloning is a good choice as well because because women could have children without the pains of childbirth. The human clones could be used as organ donors, if it were there choice.

Neo2005, you did not answer my question, if a human clone were created disfigured, wouldn't the same life follow as a biological human?

If one human clone were created, it could tell us if it enjoys life, and if it does, we can create more. There are no problems with religion, because God loves us all no matter if we are his or not.

Human clones would open a field of research never before attempted by humans. It would be on the of the biggest advances of human kind. It would be a revelation on what we can or cannot do. It would open the beliefs of people and broaden horizons of many. It would change the future and give us a bright future in science.

There are no problems with religion, because God loves us all no matter if we are his or not.

Try telling that to the millions of homosexual people out there who are facing death threats and gay bashing and humiliaton.

Neo2005, you did not answer my question, if a human clone were created disfigured, wouldn't the same life follow as a biological human?

That's what i would hope for it.

But are clones not supposed to made for the buyer?If it comes out wrong what are we to do with it?You wouldn;t pay for a car if it wasn;t exactly what you want.

Human clones would open a field of research never before attempted by humans. It would be on the of the biggest advances of human kind. It would be a revelation on what we can or cannot do. It would open the beliefs of people and broaden horizons of many. It would change the future and give us a bright future in science

There are some thing science should not tamper with and that is the human life.I have no problem with abortion or even artificial insemination.But when you create a human life by growing it in a tube like a plant it isn;t right it's to weird.

Dis the extension for my next post is still ok right?

• 2 weeks later...
That's what i would hope for it.

But are clones not supposed to made for the buyer?If it comes out wrong what are we to do with it?You wouldn;t pay for a car if it wasn;t exactly what you want.

If a clone comes out "wrong" (even though the word 'wrong' seems harsh even to a difigured biological human) then the "buyer" (again, I dont like that phrase either) would either keep it even though it is disfigured, or let it live out its own life with no owner.

Human cloning should be supported because a clone would be able to tell us about what he or she feels, it would be able to tell us if its life is good or not, and if it is good, then more could be created.

A human clone does not have to look like its owner. It doesnt even have to live with him or her. It gets to live its own life if it chooses. All clones would be put through the same sort of educational cirriculum a human child goes through.

There is a possibility of determining the AGE of a clone. So it could be born age 0 or age 30.

If a clone inherits is models mind, it wouldnt need school obviously.

And, again in religion, God loves us no matter what some people say because they are different then the majority of society.

Human cloning should be done for scientific research, it would benifit us all, and open up a new age for Humans.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...