Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Major - deport those who "spit hate".

Blackleaf

Deport all who 'spit hate' - Major

25 July 2005

People who "spit hate" at the British way of life should be deported, Tory former Prime Minister John Major said.

Mr Major spoke of the "uncomfortable reality" that many terrorists were born or lived in the UK but had been taught to hate its culture.

"There seem to be many people who, for reasons that are irrational, dislike the Anglo-Saxon way of life," he said.

He called for heavier penalties for those who incited violence at this "particularly sensitive time".

"Always difficult to balance this against freedom of speech but I think, at the moment, it is justifiable to protect the public," he argued.

Mr Major added: "As far as those who literally spit hate at our country and there are some of them - they spit hate at our country and they incite - I personally would be prepared to deport those where it is clear that what they are doing is causing civil unrest and may cost other people, as a result of that, their lives."

He also called for more CCTV cameras to deter the threat and the use of intercept evidence in courts. Interviewed on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme, Mr Major urged the Government to consult widely over new anti-terror legislation.

"They are going to have to carry people with them at this moment," he warned.

He also defended the controversial shoot-to kill policy that led to the death of Jean Charles de Menezes.

"I rather prefer the expression shoot to protect rather than shoot to kill - I think that is a more accurate description of what happened."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• __Kratos__

• Tommy

• Blackleaf

Top Posters In This Topic

I can relate to that... I told someone just the other day if they don't like it here they can leave. grin2.gif

I can relate to that... I told someone just the other day if they don't like it here they can leave. grin2.gif

755421[/snapback]

But would you have them deported ?? blink.gif that’s a bit extreme lol I think in theory yes it would be great if we could rid ourselves of all extremists who preach hate and terrorize us. But who draw’s the line on how offensive something has to be before you get deported? It’s never has clear cut as Major would have you believe.

755421[/snapback]

But would you have them deported ?? blink.gif that’s a bit extreme lol I think in theory yes it would be great if we could rid ourselves of all extremists who preach hate and terrorize us. But who draw’s the line on how offensive something has to be before you get deported? It’s never has clear cut as Major would have you believe.

755545[/snapback]

No, I wouldn't have them deported... I am for free speech in America. original.gif

The UK already bans free speech for hate... why not deport them next? I mean, if the UK puts limits on free speech, why would they not put limits on deportation? Heck, whats the next item on their list to cut down on?

It seems that the British or England has a bigger job than a sleeper cell or two. The terrorist cells they are looking for, is actually a wider network of terror. This is a world-wide deal and many are in it's organization, therefore many terrorists are in England or putting their sights on England. The English should be alert.

I think there will be more attacks.ph34r.gif

The odd thing is, if I hated a country, hated it's people, it's religion, it's freedoms, hated it so much I wanted to kill myself (even though suicide is a sin according to my religion) - I wouldn't live there.

These people should be chared with gross stupidity and for bringing the human race into contempt. The punishment for which is death.

I think people who are here preaching hatred about the west quite openly calling for a 'jihad' against the country and saying that the british are legitimate targets for suicide bombings etc should be shown the first plane out of the country.

I read that France has the largest Muslim population (either by total numbers or per cent, can't recall) in Western Europe. How are things going over there nowadays?

Deporting them just throws the problem to another country and allows them to still preach hatred and recruit.

Would be far more effective to restrict the amount of times their heart beats every minute to zero. Cut these cancerous scum out of society for good.

I know I keep saying it but why not deport them to an island far away from any civilization?

More action in London today. Explosion and raid.ph34r.gif

Don't want to get off topic. I have said before Britain needs to get the terrorists out of there. But that's apparent.

Edited by Babs