Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More info on Lechuza (creepy black bird)

reyz2006

I tell my friends about my familys encounters with the so called lechuza. Some of my friends just look at me and laugh but some believe me cause their family has seen it too and also told them the tale or stories of sightings. My moms version of the lechuza is supposed to be real, but i always say i dont believe it till i see it. Well anyway this is how it goes. When my mom was younger she used to live in mexico. She lived with her uncle who owned a ranch in practicaly in the middle of nowhere. Well one day my moms uncle decided to camp out near the edge of their corn field because her uncle had found the corn being eaten. So they decided to go out there and see what it was. Just so you know this happend to one of their corn fields and it was far away from their house. Now it was pitch black and the only light they had was the moon. Suddenly my moms uncle had heard something moving in the cornfield. While he was getting ready to shoot his gun, a giant black figure had came out of the cornfield. He was going to shoot his gun but when he did it didnt want to shoot. The next thing my mom remebered and still creeps her out till this day was that it started to cuss at them in a weird scary way. As it came closer to them my mom could see its face, she said it had the face of a creepy old woman. After that happend it flew away and then when it was out of sight the gun had went off. Till this day my mom still doesnt want to talk about it, but i always try to convince her to tell me more about what happened. If you want to know about my family members encounters i will probably post them up later or you could email me at reyz2004@yahoo.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scipherel

• Richdog

• imaginary

• reyz2006

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Folklore + superstition = these sightings. You could name at least a thousand other places in the world where people claim to have seen such things. Myths and legends that endure a long time.

You should post it on Urban Legends section.

We have that in the Phillipines, but half body.

Looks to me that the spaniards brought the Lechuza to the Phillipines

and upgraded it to half bodied.

Yup this kind of creatures can -supposedly be- found in variable places of the world,varying in some details or on the plot of the myth around them..we have similar examples in Greek mythology as well as in Greek traditional stories.

In a cornfield at night. Pitch black except for the Moon (?) Face like an old woman's? Could be seen that way. What's more natural than an encounter with an owl? Lechuza and Búho are two spanish words for different kinds of owl. So what is paranormal about that? Has nobody ever been lucky enough to have had an encounter with funny old Mr. Barnowl? Lonecat happy.gif

Edited by Lonecat