Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Lechuza

reyz2006

In Lechuza the spanish name for the Owl?...at least in Argentina it is...

In Peru owl= buho

• 2 months later...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sweet_butterfly

• Grandpa Greenman

• Jeenuh

• Columbo

I've had experiences with being stalked by one before. Last night I got home from work around midnight and as soon as I got herr..well there it was on the roof hooting and hollering. Sigh, I don't want to sound paranoid but it seemed to be waiting for me. What do they want?

Lechuza is the proper term for barn owl. In some places there is no supernatural significance attached to the word. In other places the word takes on a whole different meaning. In S Texas we also grew up with stories, people in my family have seen them, stories make them out to be very tall compared to regular birds, some three to five feet tall. They usually fly to check on trabajitos, or small works of witchcraft they have buried on a property, and they can also appear as wolves and turkeys among other things. In S Texas though the owl variety is the most spoke about, deeper in Mexico you get other variants, and it is definitely believed, yes we do believe, it to be a person who can turn into one, shifting, as some believe, or bilocation, which I put more stock into.

• 1 month later...

I've had experiences with being stalked by one before. Last night I got home from work around midnight and as soon as I got herr..well there it was on the roof hooting and hollering. Sigh, I don't want to sound paranoid but it seemed to be waiting for me. What do they want?

Maybe it too is a witch in love with you.

Lechuza is the proper term for barn owl. In some places there is no supernatural significance attached to the word. In other places the word takes on a whole different meaning. In S Texas we also grew up with stories, people in my family have seen them, stories make them out to be very tall compared to regular birds, some three to five feet tall. They usually fly to check on trabajitos, or small works of witchcraft they have buried on a property, and they can also appear as wolves and turkeys among other things. In S Texas though the owl variety is the most spoke about, deeper in Mexico you get other variants, and it is definitely believed, yes we do believe, it to be a person who can turn into one, shifting, as some believe, or bilocation, which I put more stock into.

I ave never heard of bilocation, could you explain a bit?

I've heard all the same things. The only additional is things like it can appear as a beautiful woman trying to get you to come out of your house. Or if you whistle it will mimic you but doing so only p***es the thing off. Some of my family is from Durango (father's side) and there's a tree where they like to perch at but I was always to chicken to walk through there. I have family saying they have seen them before but who knows the mind plays games with you if you let it.

• 4 weeks later...

Both my fiance and his brother have had separate experiences with these creatures. They are both big skeptics, they only believe in what they can see and touch. But they can not deny what they experienced. My fiance was walking through a field with a friend in the middle of the night. They heard someone whistle at them they looked around and they saw a huge bird like creature. And of course being stupid teenage boys they whistled back. Then the creature began to fly from tree to tree to follow them. When they realized that it was following them they ran. And it chased them until they got home. Needless to say they were terrified.