Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare scrolls reveal early biblical writing

UM-Bot

news icon rThree ancient scrolls — one parchment and two silver — recently have been identified as containing some of the world's earliest known verses from the Hebrew Bible, also known as the Old Testament.

The discovery of two fragments of a 2,000-year-old parchment scroll in the Judean Desert was announced last week by Israeli archaeologist Chanan Eshel of Tel Aviv's Bar Ilan University.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Discovery Channel

• 3 months later...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• Yelekiah

• Lord Umbarger

• fallingalien

God said he would confirm his word, and he does. Over and over again. The more people try to disprove him the more he reveales himself.

We are truly approaching the End times in my opinion. :D

Oddly enough, early proof of Judaic texts my just well proof X-tianity as a false religeon.

Oddly enough, early proof of Judaic texts my just well proof X-tianity as a false religeon.

Quite right it could have the opposite effect, But will we ever find the truth in the writings? or will the powers that be restrict the content from going public?

Quite right it could have the opposite effect, But will we ever find the truth in the writings? or will the powers that be restrict the content from going public?

As the little clues are uncovered, it will become increasingly difficult to restrain the true foundations of the Christian Church as it sprang from the Hassidaean roots. It is only a matter of time before the gaps within the Qumran scrolls are filled, regardless of 'whoever is withholding for whatever reason'.

One thing is for certain, though, as we become familiar with the testaments of the Essenes; we will then see what Yeshua/Jesus really taught and, finally, IMO, undo the knot of lies Saul/Paul created.

• 2 weeks later...
The more people try to disprove him the more he reveales himself.

Finding an ancient scroll is not God revealing himself, it's archaeology.

I doubt that this would happen. The Nag Hammadi Scrolls had a lot of negative information such as comments that Jesus was not cruicified but they didn't even cause a ripple in the Christian world. One minister explained the Nag Hammadi writings by saying, "Satan put them there." Enough said.

The x-tians will always find a way. I once heard a preist say that the Catholic Church only burned about forty people in its entire history! No, he said it for serious. It's only a lie if it hurts the church, right?

They'll put a little twist in it with a little lie and then spin it just right and before you know it people will be sucking it down like spring water.