Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ghostly voices

Bizarro

i dont know if ive posted this before or not but it is an experience i had about 10 years ago. i didn't see a ghost but i heard something that i cannot explain on 2 separate occasions.

the first was when i moved from my parent's house to my own apartment. the building was old (as are most of the buildings are where i live) but i never noticed anything particularly spooky about it. one day, my wife (girlfriend at the time) was coming over for an afternoon date. i was getting ready in my bathroom- spiking my hair with gel. i remember hearing a woman call my name in a very soft and sexy voice. i assumed it was Amy because she had a key and the front door was at the end of a long hallway. i answered her and waited for a response. nothing. i checked the apartment and i was the only one there. it was a little creepy.

i had another encounter with ghost voices a year or so later when i lived in another apartment with Amy. her sister came to visit one night and was staying in our guest room. i was kind of bored so i left them talking in the living room and went to take a bath. i like to read in the bath, often i finish 3 or 4 chapters in the tub. about 30 minutes to an hour into my bath, i heard Amy and her sister really going at it in the hallway. they were screaming at each other and as it was late at night i started yelling for them to please be quiet. they seemed to ignore me and i started getting really mad because of the noise they were making. i got so p***ed that i grabbed a towel and threw the door open yelling at them to quiet down. the thing was that no one was there. they were both asleep in separate rooms. i am convinced i witnessed some type of ghostly activity that night. that apartment was a very unusual place and Amy would not sleep there alone. she had told me a few weeks prior to this that she often heard two old women arguing in the kitchen at night- i never had any strange experiences at all until that bath. when i realized it wasnt Amy and her sister arguing, i had no doubt that i heard the two old women. one other scary thing that happened there was that Amy claims i was possessed and tried to choke her in my sleep. thank God she woke me up. she told me that i was not acting like myself at all- i sat up in a strange state and slowly fumbled at her neck. she gently tried to wake me but said it frightened her so much she shrieked and i finally awoke. she claims that i behaved like this often, only the one time trying to choke her, but on other occasions she said i would act strangely and kind of feel her up. she said i was not at all like myself during these episodes. also, its interesting that i have never done anything like this in my sleep any of the other places we've lived together. it seemed to be something that only occurred in that apartment.

oh yeah, this is another strange thing that happened there. our neighbors across the hall had a newborn baby. one day, they were walking in the hallway (to their apartment) near a large glass window with many panes. one of the panes of glass just fell out into their baby's head. they had to take him to the hospital right away and he required a lot of stitches. they moved out shortly thereafter claiming that something was not right about that place. i thought that was a strange accident, maybe not paranormal related, but it could be.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• Lillian416

• dust19

• uranium101

Oh my gosh! Do you still live there? That is really wild! You always have such colorful encounters! I'm ALMOST jealous original.gif

That's plain scary Schwartz... wow... ohmy.gif

Wow, that's spooky. Especially the thing with the baby, that's a bizarrre thing to happen, especially when you talk about what else went on in the building.

maybe the old lady/ies possessed you in your sleep, and had a thing against amy. or they could have been gay, i don't know. the glass falling on the baby reminds me about the steaming manhole.

I constantly hear somebody whisper "Heather" at work. It is a loud whisper, and I suddenly turn my head and nobody is talking to me *why would they whisper it anyhow?* I don't understand how I hear it so perfectly, either, because it is rather loud at work, but I hear it like I would hear something in normal tone. It only happens at work, and it is beginning to bug me, I keep thinking I am imagining it, but everyday I am at work?? Kinda bugging me, do you guys have any notion as to what it could be? I haven't told anyone, they would prolly think I was coocoo....what do you all think??~~Heather

when I was living at my grandma's house, I often heard people call my name, only to find out nobody was there. It's the kind of house where you still get those creepy feelings even in the midafternoon. I usually heard the voice calling from the closet (yeah super cliche' I know) Not just from within the closet though, the closet door was open once, and it sounded like my grandma's voice calling from the corner of the ceiling in the closet. It never really scared me, but people in my family thought i was going crazy because I'd always come out of my room asking "what?" "who called me?"

LOL, exactly, I have gone as far as to ask who keeps calling me?? People look at me as if I am nuts, and that was the end of that, I quit asking. It doesn't scare me either, I just wish I knew if i was imagining it or if it is real, and annoying at that. Next time, i am just gonna drop everything in my hands and scream "What!!!!" at the top of my lungs, just to vent... wacko.gif

This voice hearing thing...sorta reminds me when I was back in, oh...3rd, or 4th grade (I'm in 9th now. Guess I just sorta forgot about these things). I was sitting in the class room of the #5 Elementry School in Belleville. There wasn't much noise in the class and I thought I heard someone call my name, kind of in a whisper. It happened a few times, I looked at all of the students (even though it didn't sound like any of them) and they were doing their school work. And I, being the idiot that I am, raised my hand and told the teacher that I was hearing these voices. And I got the usual reception. There was also a rumor about the boys' bathroom being haunted, but hey..this was said by a bunch of girls who, to my knowledge, were never in there. So the bathroom thing was a load of bull crap (though I always did get an uneasy feeling when I went in there alone), but what about the voices I heard. Very strange indeed. Heh. Stupid me, I was afraid to go into a bathroom alone. laugh.gif