Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can dreams really tell whats going to happen

Dark Witch

can your dreams really tell what's going to happen in the future. like you see someting in your dreams and about 2 weeks later it happens.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark Witch

• whitelight

• CypherZero

• BurnSide

That has happend to me so many time! I once had a dream about a full day of school and like a few weeks later that day came and it was the same it freaked me out lol so I went home lol.

something happened to me to it was like i saw my friend walking into a store(this is in my dream) and i saw doing something i forgot what it was but like two days later it happened!

how do they work?do they tell you what's going to happen?Do they connect you with the dead? Can someone explain?

I'm no expert.

But as far as i'm aware, dreams are nothing more than an active imagination while you sleep creating senarios from memory. You only dream about things from your memory, which is why alot of the time you cannot remember faces or locations in your dreams

Why do we dream? I don't know.

I'm no expert.

But as far as i'm aware, dreams are nothing more than an active imagination while you sleep creating senarios from memory. You only dream about things from your memory, which is why alot of the time you cannot remember faces or locations in your dreams

Why do we dream? I don't know.

755613[/snapback]

okay but do they connect you with the dead. like lets say when my mom died. i had a dream and she was telling me how much she misses me.

I don't believe that there is anything paranormal about dreams at all.

You miss her, which is why you dreamed about her.

I don't think they can tell you what's going to happen in the future and if anything like that does happen you can quite easily put it down to coincidence. Based on the number of dreams you have (sometimes several per night) and one out of say 20-50 happens to correlate to something that happens to you later - well I'd put it down to coincidence.

But I tend to disagree that they are solely based on ones memory. I have had many dreams (one last night in fact) that have very little to do with anything I have stored in my memory banks. Some really strange places, people and scenarios that I have never done, seen or would be possible here. Yeah, some might say it is just a mix of bits of memories strung together to make a whole new environment but not when the bits aren't even part of my memories wacko.gif But now they are.

Don't know, my dreams are very weird and strange indeed...

one time i had a dream about graduation and we were all standing in line waiting to walk to our seats, and some girls that were close by were talking about one of their necklaces and one of them said something about a pearl necklace. anyway, a week later at graduation time, that same scenario happened. other things like this happen everynow and then.

some people theorize that there could be very small particles in our brain that just float around and pick up information. they say they could move so fast that they would leave and return before they even took off. but i dont know about all that.

Dreams are nothing. Unconscious make believe. At least I hope so as I've yet to see a naked woman in my dreams. I always wake up prematurely. blush.gif

okay but if they are parts of your memory then why sometimes you see different people you never knew before?

Dreams are dreams.

My favorite is one where I walked up the stairs and turned to see the world upside down. (I had moved from a two story rental to a single story own it, go figure.)

i have weird dreams. Dreams that don't make any sence to me.

I had a dream that I was caught in a nuclear explosion... it sucked

thumbsup.gif I am right there with you I am always meeting people in my dreams then like a week later I meet the real person and it freaks me out! I don't know if it can contact you with the dead... I have never had that happen but who knows maybe it can hopefully it did with you Dark Witch that way you could see your mom one last time original.gif.

plez. i'd rather not talk about my mother. sad.gif But any way .

I believe dreams can tell the future and reveal things to us. I'm not saying every dream means something, but there are dreams I think that have meaning.

I once dreamed of a dark knight on a black horse he carried a banner with a specific date. I always write my dreams down, when I remember them, anyways months later when that date arrived I found out my uncle had died.

plez. i'd rather not talk about my mother. sad.gif But any way .

756846[/snapback]

sad.gif I am sorry I didn't mean to bring up bad memories.

oh no that's ok. To think about it i've never had any bad memorys with my mom. Now my dad and my bro. their different. but it's okay.

That has happend to me so many time! I once had a dream about a full day of school and like a few weeks later that day came and it was the same it freaked me out lol so I went home lol.

755507[/snapback]

same thing happened to me bro!!

I think that dreams come as a result of our bodies wanting to become aware. I mean, we spend so much of our lives, if not almost all day being awake, tending to our usual activities that our brains urges for more even when we are sleeping. And that it chooses to play by the rules of life sometimes and predicts some very coincidental situation that occurs sooner on in your life.. But at times, sometimes that good ol brain (or whatever generates those dreams) doesn't play by the rules, and gives you dreams that you're able to fly and mutate into a cat lol. Not speaking from personal experience. *cough* I just really think dreams are what the body/brain desires when it doesn't experience real life when you're awake.

Dreams are subconcious thoughts.

And yeah, some things can be co-incidental.

Once I dreamed that my best friend was being tormented by the popular group,

Now she's moved back, and the tormenting is overdue.

can your dreams really tell what's going to happen in the future. like you see someting in your dreams and about 2 weeks later it happens.

755499[/snapback]

Yes they have the ability to educate and inform you of your future life , the problem is most people disregard what they dream about and take no notice of it.

I suggest you write down every dream you have and when you experience a "Deja Vu" just refer back to your log book , from there make a list of all the dreams you have and when you experience a Deja Vu write down how many days/weeks/months/years it occured after you experienced that dream.

Follow the above instructions and the results will amaze you , patterns will start to emerge ..........