Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Freaky thing that happend a few years ago...

Jera

Well, since ghosts seems to be a subject here many are posing about, I thought that this might be the place to tell this:

A few years ago, I don´t know how many, I was at a friends house, together with some other friends, and this really freaky thing happend. we sat in that in my friends bed, doing somehting, I don´t know what, probably talking, and then we all hear footsteps comming from the floor above (her room was in the cellar). we hear them three times, and it really sounded like someone was walking up there.

We all went up to check, but there was no one there. we searched the entire floor, everywhere, but nothing. at that point, some of us, me included, started to become scared. we all went down again, though, but we heard the footsteps again. this time all of us became scared, and we went up again. we desided to search the entire house this time, and split up. I went down again, and into my firends parents bedroom. of course, there was nothing there, but I looked, and on my way out I heard how the floor creaked behind me, and it really was behind me, I promise. I turned around, and nothing was there. I screamed and ran up again.

this is defenetly the most freaky thing that has ever happend to me, and I´ve been through some stuff, but everything points that there was a ghost there, or something. my friend did a test with a door, and it worked, so that was another sign of a ghost.

I was totally freaked at this point, and we all sat down in the sofa, with a glass of water. a while after that, my friends mom came home. We told her, but she didn´t believe us, naturally, and that was the end of that. We never ran into that ghost again, but it was totally freaky. I wasn´t at that frienda house for a couple of weeks after that. I was that scared.

maybe, just maybe, not all of this is true, but it happend a while back, I think I was 9 or something, but I can asure you that this happend.

Well, that was my story.....a bit silly, but true.

(I´m really posing a lot for a person who said she wasn´t going to post here anymore.......)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jera

• Kimm

• Aslan

• snuffypuffer

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend did a test with a door, and it worked

blink.gif

it´s hard to explain, but she put a door in a certain way, and when she came back, it wasn´t that way anymore. she had another of my friends with her when she did it, so they were two....

I hope you get it.

my friend did a test with a door, and it worked

blink.gif

yes, she did a test whith a door

and I think I have herd this stoory beafure sad.gif

Kimm, you have. I think I told it to you just a couple of moths after it happend. we always tell these kind of stuff to eachother, right? huh.gifwink.giftongue.gif

I used to live in a little terraced house, and when someone ran up their stairs three doors away it sounded for all the world like somebody up running the stairs in my house. Just a thought...

And the 'door test' doesn't sound like a very definitive way to tell if you're haunted or not. There's a million and one things that can move a door, regardless of how many people verify that it's in a different position to the one in which they left it.

Floorboards can also creak for all sorts of reasons. Have you never laid in bed and listened to all the strange little noises as the house 'settles'.

And finally...

this is defenetly the most freaky thing that has ever happend to me, and I´ve been through some stuff,

What about the black BMW in the middle of the forest with nobody in it that said 'Kimm' and then drove away - in that other thread there? That, you would think, would do very well in someone's all time list of 'freaky.'

Aslan, I know that there is a lot that can move a door, but consider that there wasn´t a wondow or door open, no one was even near that door, and we were home alone.

I aloso know that floors can creak anytime, and no, I have never heard the house "settle" at night, since I´ve never lived in a wood house, and is currently living in an apartment.

but this was the freakiest thing I´ve been through. as I have writen, I only vaugly remember the black BMW, and besides, that was more Kimm´s ghost than mine. it was freaky, I know, but this was freakier.

I only vaugly remember the black BMW, and besides, that was more Kimm´s ghost than mine

This, I think, hits the nail bang on the head.

Anyway, that's a different thread. All I'm saying, Jera, is that plenty of stuff happens that we are unable to explain, but the fact that we are unable to explain it doesn't automatically make it supernatural.

A bunch of fraught nine year olds hyping each other up and running around the house on a ghost hunt are BOUND to find ghosts. I mean, they're not all going to sit down in the front room and say "well done team, I think we've conclusively proved that there is absolutely no supernatural activity occuring here."

You see what I mean? I'm not trying to disparage you, Jera, really I'm not, but a few creaks and thumps and a moving door that nobody saw move? And the witnesses a group of under ten year olds in a state of high nervous excitement...

I know perfectly well what you mean, Aslan. it might not have been a ghost, but it might still have been. I´d like to believe that it was, but you don´t have to.

I know that my story might not be the most believeble, since it happend a while back, but that is what happend, roughly. I could´ve described it better two years ago, but I haven´t found this place back then, had I?

Anyway, I mostly just posted it here to see what you all believed. I´m not really asking for anyone to believe me, it´s just a freaky story, and if you´d been there, you´d probably freaked as well. it WAS scry.

I´d like to believe that it was

Don't you think that this sentiment speaks volumes about your experience...?

Aslan: Yes, I know what that means, but it´s true. I´d like to believe that it was a ghost. it´s the only illogical explanation I got, and I don´t like to be logical all the time...

Sageghost: sure you will, and I believe you.

Kimm, you have. I think I told it to you just a couple of moths after it happend. we always tell these kind of stuff to eachother, right? huh.gif  wink.gif  tongue.gif

What I don't understand is, if you two talk about this stuff all the time, and this particular event really freaked you out, then why did you wait a couple months before telling Kimm?

One would think that you would have told Kimm as soon as possible

What I don't understand is, if you two talk about this stuff all the time, and this particular event really freaked you out, then why did you wait a couple months before telling Kimm?

One would think that you would have told Kimm as soon as possible

if you think about it.......maby we didnt see echother for a couple of mounths after that.......we dont live next to echother you know!

What are your thoughts about Jera's experience, Kimm? Dead Cert, Bit Iffy or No Way? Whichever one you choose, what are your OBJECTIVE reasons?

Just wondering. whistling.gif

well I know that Jera is not lying....but I am not 100% sure that it was a ghost. It might just have been the house but still I think that it might just have been a ghost

becos the houst oftenly dont creek whithout any reason. Mostly people have to walk on sertain spots to make the house creek. And if the house creeks anyway it doesnt creek that much!

abduct.gif Hi guys, got here late.

Now, houses, homes, apartments, ANY building will creak, click, bump, and make a variety of noises, for a variety of reasons.

It is possible some 9-year olds gave each pther a good case of the "Willies" & scared themselves silly.

Maybe a "ghost", probably not. That is just my opinion.

[becos the houst oftenly dont creek whithout any reason. Mostly people have to walk on sertain spots to make the house creek. And if the house creeks anyway it doesnt creek that much!

]

Sorry Kimm, I have to disagree. That is simply untrue

Sorry Kimm, I have to disagree. That is simply untrue

no it is not, atleast not in my house. And my house is very old.

I dont know how it is in USA but in sweden the houses doesnt creek that much.

How much the houses creek has got to do whith the wether. How hot, moist, cold, etc. Maby you have a more changing klimate.

Homer: I don´t think, as Kimm says, that we saw eachother untill a couple of months after. And this happend way before I learned how to use the internet to other things than research.

Ladyspirit: As I have said, I´d like to believe that it was a ghost. I´m not really asking you to believe it, so you can all believe what you want.

kimm: I´m gladto hear you know I´m not lying, but if you don´t believe me, it´s ok for you to say it, you know. if I get mad, you´ll know it on saturday wink.gif

Dont worry Jera, I do believe you!! I remember that you sounded pretty scared the first time you told me but as SaRuMaN said: it is only natural to be alittle sceptical. so dont worry! rolleyes.gif

Jera Posted: Jul 13 2003, 08:27 AM

Extra Terrestrial

Group: Member

Member No.: 884

Aslan: Yes, I know what that means, but it´s true. I´d like to believe that it was a ghost. it´s the only illogical explanation I got, and I don´t like to be logical all the time...

But isn't that how you measure the reality of things? With logic? I'd like to believe I can shoot lightning from my fingertips and fly at supersonic speeds, but I can't, so I accept it and move on with my life.