Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ghost more active at night?

Eva Evermore

I have often heard that there is more ghost activity at night. I don't really think that is true, I think that maybe we notice more at night because there is not as much activity from the living or maybe it is just that at night your mind can play tricks on you more easily and more people think they encounter ghostly actvity when they don't really. I don't know, what do you think and why?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eva Evermore

• clayton41205

• NME_locus

• imaginary

I that there probably IS more ghost activity at night. It is dark, it is quiet. They can go on their merry way without disturbing anyone. LOL!

But I also think we notice it more at night for the same reasons. Besides the fact that we expect things like that to happen at night and are more aware of it maybe.

I dont know. LOL!

Good question though.

I totally agree with you. Why? For the same reasons you give. I believe we are constantly surrounded by the "effects" caused by continuous, though irregular, overlapping of dimensions of existance...of different realities if you like. Lonecat yes.gif

Edited by Lonecat

Well night n dark has always been somethin fascinating for mankind..just plain dark around us has been the reason for some myths n legends,most creepy stories take place at night times,n generally paranormal activity is indeed much more "alive" during night rather than day.

I dont know how much of it is real n how much is part of what our minds create or our eyes illusinate,but i think that there's somethin special about night,dark,n paranormal..they seem to be connected.

I think mankind has an inherant (sp?) fear of the dark, which we prolly got from our knuckle-dragging ancestors.

To be honest tho, and without wanting to sound rude, the idea of more activity taking place at night is ludicrous. Actually, the Warrens make a very bold statement on there website even giving you the hours of the night that ghosts and ghoulies are more active.... rolleyes.gif

I dunno, maybe they get paid better wages for unsociable hours (the spooks, not The Warrens) laugh.gif

I've heard that ghosts aren't more active at night, it's just that at night our brains work more slowly and are more relaxed, so we sense paranormal activity more easily.

That is a good question and I don't think that there is a right or wrong answer to this topic. I think that the question would be fitting if it asked: Do humans tend to notice or experience more paranormal activity at night or during the day and why? Paranormal activity takes place through any time of the day but we just tend not to notice it because of the obliviousness that we have due to our stressed busy schedule and our fast pace life and every other outside factor that one can think of. We humans are on a different dimension than they are which handicaps our abilities to be on the same page as they are or vice versa. I think the possibliities of people claiming to see paranormal phenomenons at night could lead to a lot of reasons like fatigue could set in and could manipulate a perons's functioning physiologically. One could have taken a drug or drank themselves to death and been prone for malfunctioning and that could have played a role. One could have brain damage leading to hallucinations. Another could be psychological and just tries to believe and are looking for opportunities to believe.......or because one is a biased believer who stakes claims on everything that one sees or hears without thinking about and reflecting the possibilities and needs his/her face punched (for instance one might think that they saw or experienced something paranormal because the light flickered a couple of times in their room which could have been related to something else but one didn't evaluate the issue and concluded something erronous which is well deserving of a broken nose). Conflicting dimensions could interfere with the probability of "pathways, loopholes, portals, (parallel universe).....One might have actually been there at the right place at the right time (hot spot) and just experienced something phenomenal (after going through the process of logical thinking and concluding that all other probabilities are not possible and conclude that a phenomenon had just occurred). Or some might just have better senses than the norm. Like what others said, in how the brain is relaxed and are more intact with our senses (evolution?)......Man what do I know, I'm just going off of things that I think might be a possibility....this is just my opinion and not a fact and if I sound off on something then please slap a stupid patch on to stop the pain of ignorance and correct me. I'm just as curious as the others on knowing and everyone's theory counts and I have no problem with anyone elses input and I encourage it. Peace.

I think it is a general misconception that more ghostly activity occurs at night, which may have been perpetuated in part by popular horror films and books.

Two of my own experiences took place in broad daylight, though.

I have often heard that there is more ghost activity at night. I don't really think that is true, I think that maybe we notice more at night because there is not as much activity from the living or maybe it is just that at night your mind can play tricks on you more easily and more people think they encounter ghostly actvity when they don't really. I don't know, what do you think and why?

757840[/snapback]

well they say ghosts do like negative energy right? and if we consider sun as the biggest source of positive energy, it is expected that they are more active at night

during night time we ar emore relaxet and more aware on the surroinding. Also because during day time we are more stressed with our work or other personal buisness. But IMO there is no difference with the day and night for the paranormal stuff.

Thanks everybody for posting. Like I said in the topic, I don't believe that ghosts are more active at night, infact, most of my encouters have been during the day, but I find it interesting to hear why other people think that it may or may not be true. I like to see how other people think.

Thanks again.

I don’t believe there more active in the night i think that were just more sensitive. In the day were probably more active so were less likely to notice anything, wear as in the night its allot more calmer so we notice more. If we sleep in a pitch dark room out other senses are heightened so were more likely to notice more sounds etc.

That's a very good point. Anyone considering the issue would have to discount things like 'corner of the eye' phenomenon in low-light levels.

We are so distractable during our waking/working lives that it would be very easy to miss something subtle happening near us, but when we are quieter and there are less things to distract us, we might notice things more.

original.gif

ghost are active anytime there some weird happennigs in my house when i turn off my t.v it turn back on(mutiple times) during daytime then my sister caught a ghost in a pic during night time

757840[/snapback]

Well you're right about that part. Other part reason I still believe that most ghost activity is at night. It is because I have haven't seen any ghost at daylight. I had encountered one or two ghost at that night when I was so bored to the death front of the computer. I was so tired and my brain was dead, you know dead, at 2 am. I wasn't thinking of anything else really. Lo and behold the ghost appeared... right beside me. It's the only two ghosts I saw at night since I was born into this world. It looked very solid, little girl from cemetery. That was one hellva scary night of my entire life.

Edited by damn_rogue

Like has been touched on in this post, In many occult circles, and in many paranormal research groups the paranormal is said to be heightened from around the hours of 2 am to 4 am.

The most common belief is that ghosts/spirits or paranormal activity in general is not any more common around the hours of 2 to 4 am and that is just as common in day light hours, but because of some factors people are more likely to notice paranormal activity around the time of 2 to 4 am for the following reasons……

Being night time the brain is going to be more tired and relaxed, and the brain can cause more electric type activity in the brain when in a more sleep state, so hallucinations will become more likely, or that the brain is in a more heightened trance state, or is more sensitive, and will possess more mediumistic types of abilities, such as people in meditative states will be able to communicate with the spirit world more readily.

Another belief is that around that time all the hustle and bustle of life in general comes to a complete slow down, such as less mobile phone signals, and people rushing about ect, which would normally block out any chance of being sensitive to these things. Also in the day we are doing this and that and are just to busy to notice, and at night we become more relaxed and will become more open to this kind of thing, its why meditation is used for spirit communication, because you shut your self down to all of life’s clutter, and open up your self to quietness of the mind, and are more likely to notice supernatural things, your mind eye becomes less clouded in the night when all is calm.

Something else that could be possible is that most spirits will show them self as white or light, which typically will be noticed more in the dark than it would in a light environment.

Another more rare belief (which is my view is complete rubbish) is that ghosts spirits and all paranormal activity is down to demons and fallen angels, and being demons they do not like the light, only the dark, hence why they only come out at night.

Its interesting to add that many people believe that the "witching hour" is midnight, or when occult rituals take place, this is not true, most witches, pagans and other occultists will do most of there magic from the hours of 2 am to 4 am for the same reason that its believed that paranormal activity can be connected with at these times, you need a clear and focused mind to perform such rituals, so its best to perform it when all is clam..

Interestingly if you do some research on the history of paranormal experiences in the times before electricity and mobile phones, reports of ghost sightings and spirits, happened no more at night, than they did in the day, there was not really a trend for them being seen at night.

One of the things that modern life is said to benefit the paranormal, is electricity, being that many spirits are said to drain electricity in the air, and from power sources such as batteries, power sockets and static, which is said to help them manifest them selves, and make noises, or other types of phenomena, and have even learned how to use electronic appliances in order to communicate, such as TVs, radios, and via EVP’s and telephones. So some would suggest that modern life can in some ways hinder paranormal activity, and in other ways help it. Spirits by many are believed to be made out of some kind of unknown electrical substance and the modern love of electricity has helped the spirit world communicate with us a whole lot more.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

I think you're right... I mean, the night is dark and silent, so maybe we see and hear more from the other side at night? It's possible...

Gosh why havent i thought of this earlier..its simple!

Ghosts are constantly "hiding" from us..but they're more active at night because they're so shy during day!! At night things get better for them! huh.gifgrin2.gif

Yup im in the mood.. happy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

The magnetosphere protects the earth from harmful radiation coming from the sun. When facing the sun, the magnetosphere is tiny and packed in contrast to the magnetosphere on the night time side. On the night side, the lines of force, or radiation is expanded back to its natural shape or the flow. Midnight is when the field is biggest and most uninterrupted. For that reason, ghosts are better at night, such as radio waves, the best time to observe with telescopes ,etc. The next time when you see the Auroa Borealis Eva, think of souls shooting away from earth(Eskimo belief) and some might get lost and come back to earth. happy.gif

Gosh why havent i thought of this earlier..its simple!

Ghosts are constantly "hiding" from us..but they're more active at night because they're so shy during day!! At night things get better for them! huh.gif  grin2.gif

Yup im in the mood.. happy.gif

763399[/snapback]

so they're like moths then? laugh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if you are still following up on your old topics, eva, but since NME said what he said, I decided to check out what has gone through your head here recently. So I feel that they are active all the time, just more at night because of the peace and quiet from people being inside. I just recently went on a ghost investigation and I didn't see anything weird... the reason for that, I think, is because I had a total of 22 people with me that night. I just invited a couple of friends who suppoosedly were going to invite a couple of their's. But we ended up with 22. So, I am now planning a trip out there by myself and maybe one other person so I can see if I see anything or not. Then that will answer the question you had... good question.

Thanks clayton. I really believe that thay are active all the time (especially since I have experienced it), but I started this topic mostly because I was board and wanted to hear other peoples thoughts on the subject. Though, I have to admit that there does seem to be more at night. So do you talk to NME much?

Well, I have talked to him several times... usually in private messages. He told me that he wanted to go with me to the 1960 overpass site, but, like I said, there was 22 people total, and out of respect, I didn't call hiim back. But I told him what happened and he understood. But he's planning a trip to this other place and wanted to meet up with me and my girlfriend to get acquainted with us... since he legally carries a gun, he decided that he should get to know us before a trip, that way he doesn't have to take his gun. But he said that you were one of the people who kept this forum alive and he named several others, but I see you putting in the most feedback.