Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever created a hoax?

Crow

I was wondering whether anyone here as ever played a part in some paranormal related hoax or knows of anyone who has?

We've probably all seen documentaries with those guys who show how they've created elaborate and very convincing crop circles and so on......has anyone got any tales to tell (if they can own up of course) of hoax's they've played a part in?

My father for example, as a young lad, took some, at the time, believable pics of a UFO, basically he tossed into the air an old dustbin lid, above the grounds of his secondary school at night and took some snaps.....the local paper were right on it, but then others, more genuine researchers into UFO's became interested .....and he had to own up .......

So, what about you lot? .......anyone want to own up?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kira

• Homer

• FarvLarion

• PurpleStuart

Well in a different thread i owned up to tying string to several cupboards in a room prior to some friends and i using a ouija board and yanking all the strings to open them all when everything was getting spooky   :D

Although I have given it some thought, I must say that I have never been a part of, or to my knowledge know anybody that has been a part of a hoax of any kind.

[glow=blue,2,300]Homer :sj

Homer,

That sounded SO rehearsed! :s04

Are you sure you don't have something to hide tell us?

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of it. I was the main person in a hoax with an UFO that "crashed" in Roswell. It isn't very famous but it was fun to do.. :s2

Odin Supreme :s9

I onced tricked my brother to believing that world war 3 was on....and that was in '96 :s2

when i told him i was just kidding he cracked the ****s

Hmmm, I haven't told anyone here yet!  Wow!  I'm actually the Cancer Man from the X-Files who walks around keeping conspiracies about UFO's from everyone, and hiding everything under the sun, including the sun...   :s04

Farv Michael Larion   :sj

Farv (I mean CM),

I heard you got 'bumped' off!!  

Being pushed down a flight of stairs can do that to a person!   8)

Heeeeeeee'ssssss bbbaaaccccckkkk!

Well, what can I say.  I thought that flying was fun, until I found out that leaping off the stairs wouldn't send me flying, instead, send me falling...

Farv Michael Larion   :sj

• 2 months later...

Even though I absolutely love the game, I am not responsible for this, really, trust me.  :s04

Magikman  :s02

* - Man, I think I lost my tree wood.  :o

Although not "unexplained" as such, I did hear about a school in England somewhere, in which a teacher apparantly told her class that Osama Bin Laden had launched a Nuclear Missile at the UK and that they were all going to die.

A rather strange and sick hoax - a lot of the pupils started crying and others panicked - the teacher in question I think was the subject of an investigation following the incident.

I can't remember what school it was or what the teacher's name was, but I doubt that she will be there for much longer.

:-/

:s9 Not that has ever been proved....any way Crow why do u ask.....

What are you hiding?? :s2

Mind you all the ex Mazehouse people here did take part in a big hoax...... and got the t-shirt :s9

I think creating a hoax is wrong, becasue when they find out its a hoax you either get very bad penelties or people put their trust down in believing they saw a disk , but really was a freaken trash can bin!

:sr Unfortunatly Logic there are people in this life that will for one reason or another do this.

If we were to believe everything we were told or all that we read we would still believe that the earth was flat etc etc........

Any way hoaxes for whatever reason keeps us on our toes....... ask the scifi channel :s2

Yes indeed celtic - well done on your double century btw!!  :sk

:sr Thanx P.S.I hadn't noticed! :s9