Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Site - Upcoming Features...

Saru

As promised, here's a few more details of what's to come in the upcoming new version of Unexplained Mysteries :

Image Gallery

This will be one of the major new features of the site, and will basically provide an interactive system through which visitors can browse through a huge selection of unexplained related photographs, images and artwork. The images will be organised into categories and subcategories, with thumbnails so that you can peruse the gallery without having to click on every image to see what it is.

As with the forum, the gallery will also include a variety of features available to registered users. Note that you will only need to register once on the site to access these features - existing forum members will not have to register again, and anyone who registers on the forum does not need to register a second username to access the features of the gallery. These features include comment posting, uploading of new images, image ratings, sending E-Cards and a personal 'lightbox', which is basically a personalised favourites gallery that you can put a selection of your favourite pictures into.

It will take time to expand the number of images in the gallery, but as myself and others add more and more pictures, it will continue to grow in size, and therefore there will always be something new to see there.

News System Improvements

Some of the details have yet to be fully worked out, but the news system will receive an overhaul. The front page will better serve as a 'portal' for providing a regular stop off point for visitors.

For the first time Images will be featured in news articles, both on the forum and on the front page news column. The forum will feature a 'Back Page News' board, into which anyone at all can post news articles. Articles that are suitable for the front page will then be moved and correctly formatted for inclusion on the main news board. This means that basically everyone is a potential news poster, meaning more news and wider coverage of subjects.

Design and Navigation

As I've mentioned before, the site will be redesigned to be easier to read and navigate, with a navigation bar that will help you navigate the site. Quick links and related pages/sections will be displayed on most pages so that relevant information is always only a click away. The main site will also be 'scalable', meaning that if you have a higher screen resolution than 800x600, the pages will automatically fit into your browser window without being squished into the middle of the page. ( will not apply to the forum initially )

There will be a number of forum changes too, including some new boards designed to expand on the subjects covered, as well as some more off-topic boards as well. Some forum design improvements are also planned.

When will all this be appearing ?

All I can say is 'soon', the above mentioned additions are still being worked on, but the design is finalised and a lot of the conversion from the old site format to the new site format has been done. You'll be hearing more from me on all of this before the site goes on-line, so stay tuned.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Kira

• Kimm

• djdodo

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great SaRuMaN! I shall look forward to it.

ohmy.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifw00t.gif oh goody more buttons to play with.....

Just an update on this, the new site is now on the brink of being ready, and I've already made a few forum changes in preperation for the new news system.

If all goes to plan, the new site should be making an appearance either tomorrow or the day after that, depending on how things go.

So watch this space.

cool.gif

ohmy.gifwink.gif I go away for the day... and come back to find I'm confused whistling.gifw00t.gif looks good so far...

Sounds great SaRuMaN! I shall look forward to it.

for ones I actualy agree!

ohmy.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  w00t.gif oh goody more buttons to play with..... 

lol Celticwitch laugh.gif

Can't wait to see it too .. I will have to wait for a week ... omg ... that is along time ... I do not know how will I live with out the forum ... crying.gif