Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum Glitches

Mentalcase

There are a couple glitches on the site that I have noticed. the first one is when you go to reply to a topic and you start typing the page goes down and you have to click in the box again to finish typing. The second, I went to post a topic and for some odd reason it posted 3 times, each time I tried to submit my post it showed some kind of email error. I thought that was strange. I'm sure these are things that will be fixed once the format is updated. Just thought I should mention that.

MC

*lol, sorry for posting that under the other topic. Didn't even think about it.

Edited by Mentalcase

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Mentalcase

• Aslan

• angel_psychic

when you go to reply to a topic and you start typing the page goes down and you have to click in the box again to finish typing.

I've had a go at reproducing this but it doesn't seem to do it for me. Do you get this problem every time you reply to a post, and how far down does it go - does it automatically scroll all the way to the bottom of the page ?

I went to post a topic and for some odd reason it posted 3 times, each time I tried to submit my post it showed some kind of email error.

Can you remember what the error message was ? This sounds like something that should be quite simple to fix - if it does it again, see if you can get a copy of the error message and I'll take a look at it.

original.gif

I've had a go at reproducing this but it doesn't seem to do it for me. Do you get this problem every time you reply to a post, and how far down does it go - does it automatically scroll all the way to the bottom of the page ?

yes everytime, but it only happens when I type right away. I think it's because the page hasn't fully loaded.

Are you using Internet Explorer, or another browser when this happens ?

If your using a different one, try it with IE and see if it still does it.

Right, I am using the sbc yahoo browser, which I believe is internet explorer also, but now that I think about it, when I'm on AOL it doesn't do that.

I think your browser is probably the most likely candidate. Your best bet is to give it a try with Internet Explorer and see if it still has the problem.

Incidently, is anyone else experiencing this ?

Tickety Boo over here.

(Using IE)

What does tickety boo mean? I've never heard that before. lol

Tickety Boo (adj - Brit. Eng. ) Spiffing. Capital. Jolly Good show..etc.

Actually, 'Jolly good show' isn't an adjective at all; it's a noun phrase.

I know nobody would have got a decent night's rest worrying about that one.

ive found a glitch too, but i can't reproduce it. a few days ago, i hit the back button on my browser (after reading a long topic) and some white screen with all kinds of numbers and symbols appeared instead of the forum. its only happened once, and i can't find out what i did to cause it. i just went back to my favorites and reloaded the forum.

I think your browser is probably the most likely candidate. Your best bet is to give it a try with Internet Explorer and see if it still has the problem.

Incidently, is anyone else experiencing this ?

I'm using I.E. and I have gotten this "Mail Error" error several times when posting a new topic. Usually I just get "Page Has Expired," when I go to post new topics or replies.

Schadaeux, any idea what the mail error message was ?

SaRuMaN, It has only happened a couple of times with the "Mail Error." Next time it happens I will copy the whole message here.

Mail Error!

Could not send the email

Failed at 'mail' command

When posting the above error is what I'm getting. Somehow my topics still show up as being posted, but nevertheless this is the error I'm sure everyone is getting....

Right, the 'Mail Error' problem has now been fixed.

The error was with sending E-Mail notifications to subscribed members for specific forum boards, one of them had a null E-Mail address which was causing the error.

Sorry about that. cool.gif

When I try to reply to a post, I get the message that I am not a registered user, and need to register. I re-enter the info, and the same message appears. It does not happen everytime, but enough to get aggrivating.

Angle_Psychic,

Do you have your cookies turned on in your browser ?

If you haven't got your cookies enabled, then the forum can't tell properly whether or not you are logged in, which is probably the reason why your having the problems you mentioned above.

It's not compulsary to have cookies enabled for the site, but it should solve your logging in troubles.

original.gif

Seems, most of the time it isn´t anything wrong with the site itself...it´s peoples computers/software that couses the problems....and sometimes even I have problems...but the computer is only a machine and I try again.

Love this site by the way...good job grin2.gifthumbsup.gif