Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2010: The time of rapture?

F. Mulder

I have been a christian all my life and the chapter revalations talks about the end of the world. It says that the rapture will occur and Jesus will take all of the bielivers to heaven. The main question is when? I was at church one day and it hit me, the pasture said "I believe that the rapture will occur soon because all what is happening." 9/11, the Sanfrancisco and Turkey earthquakes, SARS and AIDS outbreaks, nuclear weapon programs, the invasion of Iraq and Afganiston, the bombings in London, and these are just recent. Think about it, The Manhaton project, and in the bible, it talks about the water boiling, that's what occurs when a thermo-nuclear bomb goes off. So, it seems that the rapture will happen sometime in the near future, but when? Well, the Aztec calendar ends on the year 2010, and that seems like a great time for every beiliever to go to heaven, and the anti-christ comes to earth. Im not trying to scare anyone, im just saying that all the world might go to hell (literaly) in the year 2010. It might be the time when nuclear war breaks out.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Paranoid Android

• Ken1Burton

Well you must have some insight there! disgust.gif

Math 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Oh yeah, thanks NJC. It stinks, because i'll only be 18 in 2010.

Um well sure ok....but do you know how many date have been stated are the "End" there have been hundreds....what are you expecting exactly anyway? not to be funny but what is the 'end of days' suppose to entail anyway? How will anyone know if they are following the right god? Is there going to be some awesome just knowledge that comes over people? I can't imagine that news story when/if this Jesus comes back!!! do you think there will be mass panic? fear? or contentment? in honesty even those of you who are devout christians can you really be sure your going up and not down?

GASP! Vesuvius blew up a couple of thousands of years ago! Mt. Rainier blew up a thousand years ago! There was a tsunami worse then the one that hit indochina just 300 years ago...

My point? Natural disasters happen, in fold... for millions or billions of years this earth had been here.. there has been natural disasters. That does not mean the end of the world, or the rapture.

As for wars and nukes... wars have been going on since man settled into villages and formed tribes and countries. It's a fact that humans are rather aggressive animals. that does not mean it's the end of the world. Nukes is just another weapon made for war.

diseases as well have been something along humanity. We're on par with SARS and AIDS as the mideviel folk were with syphilis and the plague. Was it the rapture then? No.

mt. saint helens  erupted

761840[/snapback]

Ohnos.. it's the end of the world... rolleyes.gif

Well, first off, it is the christian belief. I'm not saying i am absolutly right, it's just what feels right. Well, if you want to know what happens, just look in the bible. What will probably happen is that things are going to get mondo horrible, plauge, war, essentaly when all hell breaks loose. Then there will be a beacon of hope as the heavenly father comes to earth, and everyone will slip out of conciousness and thier sould will ascend to heaven. That is in my mind, what will happen.

Well, first off, it is the christian belief. I'm not saying i am absolutly right, it's just what feels right. Well, if you want to know what happens, just look in the bible. What will probably happen is that things are going to get mondo horrible, plauge, war, essentaly when all hell breaks loose. Then there will be a beacon of hope as the heavenly father comes to earth, and everyone will slip out of conciousness and thier sould will ascend to heaven. That is in my mind, what will happen.

one more time. I didn't get that.

And as I've said MANY times before.. You get out of prophacies what you put in them. So if you wanna look at a book and say "Hmm... alot of stuff that's going on now... looks like... what it says will happen... IT MUST BE TRUE!"

GUESS WHAT! This kinda crap has been going on for millenias.. which means... NOTHING! That's right... not a damned thing aside.. life goes on. And on and on and on.

We're just so connected with radio, tv, the web that we know about more and more outbreaks and desasters that it just looks like things are in chaotic array. When really... it's been like this for a very very long time.

Sometimes I wish the world would end so I wouldn't have to here about it anymore.

I believe the calender you speak of is the Maya calender that ends in 2012. It ends because it is time to make a new calender. They didn't go past that I would guess, because they figured future generations would take care of it. We would know for sure if the missionaries hadn't burnt all the books of the Maya people.

You have to remember we are living on Earth mock two. The first Earth was hit by a planet. That is where the moon came from. So much stuff was ejected it all coaliest in to the moon. So will the Earth come to an end yes. All good things must come to an end.

It's funny how they'll dismiss archeological evidence of certain things like dinosuars, human evolution, and certain religious artifacts...

But if one thing like the mayan calander can be screwed into thier little vision of the end of the world.. then the biblical "prophacy" must be true!!

If you're a Christian, why are you looking at he Aztec calendar?

[edit] The Aztecs had two calendars- one was a cycle of 260 days, and the other was a 365 day cycle. Perhaps you are talking about the Mayan calendar?

Well, the Aztec calendar ends on the year 2010, and that seems like a great time for every beiliever to go to heaven, and the anti-christ comes to earth.
Edited by riotboy555

you can put all these events together and think... " omg what a lot of bad things going on, so many dying etc.. "

But you can think about something that happend in the 1940's that is bigger than all your events together.

WORLD WAR 2.

maybe some thought the same as you back then. But we are still here...

We'll be fine thumbsup.gif

Edited by whoa182

To answer the original poster, I've heard that the Bible Codes claim it's 2010. Just yesterday I said I didn't really believe in them, then lo an behold last night it was on the History channel. Now, I'm not sure what I think. It's possible...

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

That kina thing happens all the time. X) Most recently.. I finished reading the Di Vinci Code... there was three posts on it here... then later that night there was a two hour special on it... then the next day I saw the trailer for the movie that's comming out next year... (Mind you, this wasn't that long ago, and deffinatly not when the book first came out)

And they casted Tome Hanks as that american guy... ._o

Darn.. I thought the year of rapture was 2011... i was going to knock a few back with the angels(or aliens, depends on perspective) on my 21st before they take the Nephilim(and descendants) and destroy the earth

OMG guys, you are so rude. I wasn't necessarily looking at an Aztec calendar just all of a sudden, I saw it on a show. All it was was an opinion.

The end will come, when it gets here.

There has been "end of Times" since the bible was written. Try living your life before you decide its the end of the world.

And if you really believe, or feel strongly that the end is coming, then live like it. Be good to your family, friends, neighbors, and strangers. Try to make the planet better for all before it ends.

And, if you are mistaken, then you have still helped the planet, the people, and yourself.

(Irish)

Math 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

1 Peter 4:7 "But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer".

(SilverCougar)

We're just so connected with radio, tv, the web that we know about more and more outbreaks and desasters that it just looks like things are in chaotic array. When really... it's been like this for a very very long time.

Good thinking! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

SC,

It's wierd when that happens isn't it....

Morian, like I just finished saying in the other thread, the Nephillim are dead, gone and fossils, how you figure that has anything to do with it I'm not sure. Care to elaborate?

JPMD,

I think the general idea that 'the end' is more morose than it should be. The Rapture idea though, isn't shown anywhere and believe me I've looked. The idea of it, which alot of people (Christians included) overlook is that in the end, everything will be as it should have been. It was said, in another excluded book that Jesus said to an apostle after showing him hell, and the end in which he was deeply disturbed by that 'in the end, if those of Heaven look down and want those in hell to be let out, the will be, but that's a secret, don't tell anyone'. That there, along with alot of other things I've read and know about the subject makes alot of sense. But if everyone knew that, they wouldn't try would they?

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

To answer the original post, it is a plausible theory - as plausible as any other related to Revelations. But there are a lot of assumptions made when taking the literal meaning of such apocryphal writing.

There are multiple interpretations, any of which could be the right/wrong one. As Irish pointed out so rightly, no one knows the day or the hour of the return.

All the best,

To answer the original poster, I've heard that the Bible Codes claim it's 2010. Just yesterday I said I didn't really believe in them, then lo an behold last night it was on the History channel. Now, I'm not sure what I think. It's possible...

762120[/snapback]

Firstly I thought it was the year of speculation was 2012? I believe the Mayan calender is more accurate and ends in december of 2012, and Ashley I don't know how you can believe in the bible codes, the only thing its really predicted beforehand was that assassination, and that was luck. Everything else they found after the event has happened, and there have been a lot of wrong predictions too.

Edited by BigBTheOneNOnly