Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2010: The time of rapture?

F. Mulder

Good point SG, why would we accept something that was either stolen from older semitic religions (Psalms for the large part) or written long after it was supposed to have been. Mythology proves nothing. no.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Paranoid Android

• F. Mulder

You know 'saved' can mean a myriad of different things.

It can not be pointless, After all, Someone seems to be needled by it.

The web site has the most varied topics I have seen on one site. Now, Here is the Point. If there is NO GOD, Why does He keep dragging non-believers in Him into the post which they do not believe to be real.

You do not believe the Bible, You do not believe the Rapture. And God draws you like a magnet. OH? It was your own idea to post on the Rapture. SURE it was.

(GENESIS 3:21) Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make

coats of skins, and clothed them. (KJV)

Want to guess what kind of Animal got skinned? Hint “PURR”

Ken

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. I do believe in God, and I've read more Biblical literature than you have (and I know that for a fact, because what I read is like poison to you). YOU however take everything you read ENTIRELY out of context. I read it for what it SAYS, it is quite direct.

*sighs and rolls her eyes*

Oy gavult...

*Mako settles back in overstuffed LazY Boy ® recliner, picks up bowl of popcorn and starts watching the Christians fight - all is good with the world!* yes.gif

I part you have a point. Like I said before the 'Rapture' isn't written anywhere. And God DOES want you to ENJOY YOUR LIFE. The Hebrews have freedom, they can do whatever they want in moderation, and they know when things are going well God is blessing them, whereas the Christian belief is upside down. They believe God is blessing them when they suffer, that's not true at all. Suffering may be a test but it definantly is NOT a blessing. God does not want you to be miserable. I have all the freedom I want and for the most part I know when to stop. Too much of anything can be bad for you.

The closest to my beliefs, as I've said before would have to be Messianic Judaism, but it still doesn't cover everything.

769317[/snapback]

THe word Bible isn't in the bible,Or the word trinity. But the meaning is there.

Peace, JuneyGirl

*Mako settles back in overstuffed LazY Boy ® recliner, picks up bowl of popcorn and starts watching the Christians fight - all is good with the world!*  yes.gif

771841[/snapback]

Please! There are times I wish I could throw the book away for all the times its been misunderstood, misconceived, and so being God damn complex...

...well, nothing is simple in this world I guess hmm.gif

Ashley.

The object is not to READ the Bible, it is to understand it. Understanding what you read also results in putting down some material because it is made up error. The Library is full of books, Read them all. Without understanding, you are wasting your time.

Try to understand what a REAL STAR is. and when they start falling to the Earth? Are you sure you want to take the Bible literal?

I’ll go for the similitudes:

(HOSEA 12:10) I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have

multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the

prophets. (KJV)

Ken

*Mako goes back for second bowl of popcorn and an adult beverage...this is gonna be better'n WWF SmackDown! Ain't life wunderful? yes.gif *

THe word Bible isn't in the bible,Or the word trinity. But the meaning is there.

Actually it was never called 'the Bible' in Hebrew, thre's Torah, Talmud, and 'The Word', but no, no 'Bible', that word is a new one.

A REAL STAR, oh please Ken, go do some Biblical homework. Star=angel. Go read some footnotes or something. I'll bet you I understand it a whole lot better than you do. tongue.gifthumbsup.gif

All Ken can do is spout bible quotes and make crappy attempts to insult. You're asking to much from him.

Im not sure if a certain date has anything to do with when the rapture will take place, maybe its a certain time also..? hmm.gifinnocent.gif

Id have to study and read my Bible to find this..but.. geek.gif

It says somewhere in the king james version of the Bible, "when every man hear my name then shall I come.."

and there is missionarys that go to the ends of the earth to witness,preach, ect ect that tell people about Christ,people whos never even seen a Bible less alone read one..

Interesting subject.. thumbsup.gif

Well there is one school of thought which states that when 100% of the world's population (ie. everyone) hears the message of Jesus, that will be when the end will come.

I personally do not believe that to be the case, but some do. God is just being patient with us. He wants to see more come to know Him. If He returned today, many who may turn to Him in the future will not get that chance.

Well, that's what I think at least.

All the best,

It says that the rapture will occur and Jesus will take all of the bielivers to heaven.

It doesn't.

To get to 'the rapture' one must pull strings of scripture here and tape it to strings of scripture there...and then wrap all of that in yet different strings of scripture to make a nice big 'I don't have to suffer the tribulation because I am a Christian' package.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out the truth...a little logic goes a long way:

Christ was crucified. His apostles all suffered similar deaths. Down through the ages Christians have been killed for their beliefs.....but you think you won't have to carry that cross? Wrong!

........what Revelations actually says is that all those who did not worship the beast were killed or imprisoned.

I had the same mind set when I was 16 as I had fallen into the trap of one Hal Lindsey who wrote several books on the subject...predicting the end in the 90's. I asked my grandfather..a preacher...and he said this:

Nobody knows when the end will come. It might be this afternoon, it might be in fifty years, it might be in 100 years, it might be in 10,000 years...no one knows but God and he isn't telling........

Edited by joc

Its obvious this is going to turn into a clash of faiths here, but something for those who are interested to ponder, say in a few thousand years, archaeologists are at a dig site and find an ancient book of text, within this book it follows the courageous feats of a young boy named Harry as he develops into a young man he becomes ever so powerful defeating evil as it rears its ugly head. Gospel or just a best selling novel turned movie franchise? you decide.

But then you may come back and say that Harry Potter hasn't a religous following, anyone for Jedisim? huh.gif

(ISAIAH 26:19) Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body

shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy

dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. (KJV)

Sounds like a Rapture to me. The Dead rise WITH CHRIST but that was in 29 A.D. So there are no more dead to raise except as each of us pass to be absent from the body, and present with the Lord.

Seeing it is an Old Testament prophecy, and it concerns Jesus, it had to be fulfilled when Jesus went to the cross. and the Book of Revelation is looking at the day of the cross, that is when they gathered the Vine of the Earth, a man named Jesus Christ.

(LUKE 18:31) Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them,

Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by

the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (KJV)

(JOHN 19:28) After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now

accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I

thirst. (KJV)

The Verses you were speaking of start in Matthew chapter 24, known as the end times. But it is for the day of the cross also, For they also are prophecies, and had to be fulfilled then.

(MATTHEW 24:14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in

all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the

end come. (KJV)

Stars are angels?

No, Stars are for signs, Stars are signs.

(GENESIS 1:14) And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament

of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for

signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: (KJV)

The third angel sounds in Revelation and the Star Wormwood falls, The third angel is Sunrise to noon, time of the third seal, the Black horse with Balances, The time Jesus was judged. Jesus is made all things cursed, so the Judgment falls upon Christ during this time.

(REVELATION 8:10) And the third angel sounded, and there fell a

great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon

the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; (KJV)

(REVELATION 8:11) And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and

the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of

the waters, because they were made bitter. (KJV)

(AMOS 5:7) Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off

righteousness in the earth, (KJV)

The Star of Bethlehem is the SIGN of the Brightness of the Moon in Isaiah 60:19. 60:1/6 shows the wise men (Bible students) coming to His rising (from the dead, He is the dead child of David reborn 1,000 years later) they are KINGS, they come on Camels, they bring Gold and Incense, or frankincense and Myrrh.

Ken

Its obvious this is going to turn into a clash of faiths here, but something for those who are interested to ponder, say in a few thousand years, archaeologists are at a dig site and find an ancient book of text, within this book it follows the courageous feats of a young boy named Harry as he develops into a young man he becomes ever so powerful defeating evil as it rears its ugly head. Gospel or just a best selling novel turned movie franchise? you decide.

But then you may come back and say that Harry Potter hasn't a religous following, anyone for Jedisim?  huh.gif

777363[/snapback]

Then again, there's no title page saying "The characters within this book are entirely fictional and any relation to any person living or dead is entirely coincidental"......... grin2.gif

And there'll still be other religious texts out there to compare and old Harry will obviously have differences.

I know you were making this post as a joke, but it's all too common a point for me to just let slide.

ALl the best,

how do you think "god" is going to kill us all? or how is the world going to end?

terrorists? they will only have enough bombs to cause a nuclear winter....that means everything gets cold, but as you see that didnt stop apes evolving into humans and taking over the world so cold is out of it.

diesease? how many because if it was just 1 then that wont work sorry. to every diesease in the world there is 10% of the population in this world inmune to it so that is out of the question.

earthquake? how big, not big enough to take out the world.

and all you jesus and bible belivers, you do realise that jesus didnt die on the cross he was taken down 2 days before he was spose to die. in the bible it doesnt say anywhere that he really died just saying resurected or a new life which doesnt mean he died.

after being brought down from the cross he lived the rest of his life in india somewhere near cashmere i think. if you dont believe me dont but im pretty sure the coffin with the feet marks at the foot of his coffin have proof enough.....(the feet marks had holes in) i will try to find the links where i got this off but i cant promise anything no.gif

this is a book about it not alot but there is a book about it!!!!

http://www.sol.com.au/kor/7_01.htm

ps christ changed his name to issa when he got there

Edited by jeffbobs

great.. another one.

You know... using bible quotes to try ands tell people who don't take stock in the bible is pointless?  Not only that.. but we've seen those quotes atleast twice already in this thread alone.

770930[/snapback]

Hi Cougar wink2.gif

You know in one sense personal belief is a pointless thing. Because, no matter how much you believe something it doesnt alter what is true.

In light of the bible verses you're talking about, can you show me where one of the prophecies quoted was wrong?

tongue.gif