Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video Game Urban Legends

coldwhitelight

oh and the only way to get mew (with out a gameshark) was from A pokemn convention were they unlocked it for you. Its rumored that the official mew is more powerful than the any of gameshark ones.

Remember Missing No. and The Infinite Cheat?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Weird_Al_Wonnabe

• Kar-zid

• Cadetak

• nick_fury

Super Smash Bros. Melee: Unlocking 999 other characters...

SSBM: Daisy's third eye.

you can unlock several different characters in ssbm, but not 999 that I know of, I think total you can only have 24 characters??

I dont know about daisy's third eye?

I heard you could play as a koop-troopa, but I think that was a farce. It never worked for me.

I dunno, but I remember the time of GTA3....all I heard or read about where freaking rumors about "Darkel".

"Darkel" was a character taken out of the game at the last minute. He was a bum who met you in that tunnel that ended at 8-ball's place, and his missions were ridiculously evil and dark. The ice cream truck bomb mission was one of his, only instead of mafioso you where supposed to blow up regular people.

In fact, I have seen screenshots from betas that show and even name Darkel. He was a real character at first, but I swear to Allah that for months people SWORE you could get to him. Everything from killing enough people to unlock him, or flying the dodo to the 'ghost' island in the ocean.

absurd.

MORTAL KOMBAT ll

anyone ever hear of "nudealities"? where you would

take the clothes off of the character you just beat the snot out of?

STREET FIGHTER ll

i remember hearing about a code with Guile. you do it right and he

handcuffs his opponent. It makes sense that he would have cuffs on him somewhere, being from the military and all...

Here is an very old myth

VIDEO GAMES ROT YOUR BRAIN. Do they hell... I play video game on an average of 9-14 hours a day, and i have an IQ of 115+ But since i got my PS2, my attention span has decreased.....

If all 4 players bash the buttons in a specific order on the arcade game of Mutant Ninja Turtles.The turtles turn into the old,Italian(human)artists there named after.

I also heard Al Quieda communicate with their european members through X-Box live. hmm.gif

I heard one where if you beat GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas in that order, each game with no cheats, 100% and in under 2 days, you unlock secret stuff on the 3 games. But i dont think ANYONE has done that yet

oh and the only way to get mew (with out a gameshark) was from A pokemn convention were they unlocked it for you. Its rumored that the official mew is more powerful than the any of gameshark ones.

821193[/snapback]

Ah the nostalgia tongue.gif My friend won a Mew at Toys R Us, back when they had a contest where if you bought something, they give you a scratch card. Unfortunately, his mom didn't send in his cart, because he was a bad kid, so he got no Mew crying.gif Myself, I used Gameshark grin2.gif Caught a couple Mews for myself, and a crap load more to sell to kiddos.

Who doesn't remember Missingno., Pokemon M, and the infinite items cheat? Pokemon M sucked though disgust.gif

There was always talk of a cheat in Final Fantasy VII that would allow you to bring back Aeris after she had died. I think I even saw screenshots of her battling later on in the game. Most likeley faked pictures, but that would have been kinda cool.  tongue.gif

809253[/snapback]

yeah you could do it. It was a gameshark code though, there was a code that let you have Sephiroth in your party too. Just gameshark it!

There was always talk of a cheat in Final Fantasy VII that would allow you to bring back Aeris after she had died. I think I even saw screenshots of her battling later on in the game. Most likeley faked pictures, but that would have been kinda cool.  tongue.gif

809253[/snapback]

Actually, that's true! Sort of. Allow me to explain:

If you beat every Ultimate Weapon, and take the items they drop to a certain person in the game, you recieve "underwater materia". One of my friends actually still has a memory card with a save file containing the fabled materia, and I have seen it for myself. For a long time we tried to figure out what it did. We finally found out that it was meant to be used to revive Aeris, but squaresoft was under pressure to put the game out at a certain time, and was unable to finish that part of the game. Any pictures you saw were most likely a fake. However, the underwater meteria is not.

On a more serious note, in regards to Polybius... I just got the greatest idea. If anyone here knows any computer langauge or has any electronic skills, we should SERIOUSLY put collaborate on putting together a Polybius arcade machine and sell it on e-bay. It would be worth a fortune!!!

Edited by Insight

lol lol I heard of the Lara Croft one .

I would hazard a guess that that's either a doctored photograph,or a one of a kind homage, seeing as for all intents and purposes polybuis never existed

If all 4 players bash the buttons in a specific order on the arcade game of Mutant Ninja Turtles.The turtles turn into the old,Italian(human)artists there named after.

826664[/snapback]

Lol, That would have been cool if it were true. thumbsup.gif

Actually, that's true! Sort of. Allow me to explain:

If you beat every Ultimate Weapon, and take the items they drop to a certain person in the game, you recieve "underwater materia". One of my friends actually still has a memory card with a save file containing the fabled materia, and I have seen it for myself. For a long time we tried to figure out what it did. We finally found out that it was meant to be used to revive Aeris, but squaresoft was under pressure to put the game out at a certain time, and was unable to finish that part of the game. Any pictures you saw were most likely a fake. However, the underwater meteria is not.

On a more serious note, in regards to Polybius... I just got the greatest idea. If anyone here knows any computer langauge or has any electronic skills, we should SERIOUSLY put collaborate on putting together a Polybius arcade machine and sell it on e-bay. It would be worth a fortune!!!

829390[/snapback]

Actually the underwater materia is used to fight the emerald weapon. With it you can take your time instead of having to do it in under twenty minutes. Aeris was never meant to be revived, ever. The only way was with a gameshark.

821193[/snapback]

Oh, yummy nostalgia...I remember the first place I got MissingNo was waiting out in the car with Doggy, outside of the bank, waiting for our mom to came back. My game got all flipped up, but nothing serious. The graphics in battles just got funky.

I remember playing Super Smash Bros. for 64 and whenever Samus would get struck by lightening or something, you could see her neked. I was around 12 at the time and was awestruck. blush.gif

There is supposedly a code in the mortal kombat for SNES that let you turn the blood on (nintendo wanted a censored mortal kombat with no gore or blood)

No wonder my kid wont stop playing his..He's trying to blow up the world.. Hmmm. laugh.gif