Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

we can do it!

kill_them_all533

anyone hear about that christian exodus or w/e goin on? a group of people trying to make a goverment compleatly based on christianity and that bible. w00t.gifrofl.giflaugh.gifrofl.gifw00t.gif

i found this so hilarious that i had to post it

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kill_them_all533

• SilverCougar

• EmpressV

• Sherapy

Top Posters In This Topic

while there wont be replies here one thing i need to know....... "he has an axe to grind against religion" who said and what thread was that?

I have no idea what you're going on about. Possibly a link would be nice.

here is the link you asked for

and does someone know the answer to the #2 post

You really shouldn't laugh at them, it's almost like you moving to a different house in a whole other location and starting a family: What's so hilarious about it? Let them try and we'll see how it does.

For your question on who said that quote, we do have a search feature on this forum thumbsup.gif

AAhh... lovely.

hey i guess its not such a bad idea but i think its funny that they are gonna make a whole new goverment and they may also secede from the union if their original plan does not work out

Meh... let them do whatever really... It's no different then the communes hippies had in the 60's. It's not hurting me in anyway unless they drag me to the place...

And I don't see that happening.

How is this different to any ethnic/religious group living together in large communities?

Granted, I wouldn't move to such a place myself........

Besides, if all the Christians were living in one place, that means the non-believers could live out their lives without ever meeting a Christian (and obviously not be preached to). Isn't that what you all want?

All the best,

I heard about this last week. I think it's ridiculous. I can't believe that a bunch of fundies think they can just take over one of our states and make it their own. They really need to get a copy of the constitution and read it. I hear mexico is pretty faith oriented or the middle east, maybe they should concider going there.

Besides, if all the Christians were living in one place, that means the non-believers could live out their lives without ever meeting a Christian (and obviously not be preached to). Isn't that what you all want?

LOL, sometimes great minds (even when pointed in different directions) think alike, that was my first thought too....I am all for it! Of course it will never work, the laws of the land take precedence over local laws....Just one dissenter and it's over with....a shame, but that's the way it goes! A plus is that if they are all in South Carolina, we non-Christians can build a high wall around it, locking them all in and go on with out lives without their mumbo-jumbo yes.gif

hey im likin the wall idea thumbsup.gif

In my opinion its already happened a very long time ago, religion has been the blueprint for Goverment, Whats written on our money???In God we trust???What does the Senate do before it votes?? They pray, We don't legalize gay marrige Why is that where is that idea coming from?? There has never been a female president Why is that The bible discriminates against women deems them less than , The bible is in the legal system too, Do you swear to tell the truth So help me God"" before testifiyibg??? the only bible recognized is Christian You can;'t say i want to swear on the Hadith. or the Pali Canon. whats the third line of the National anthem "One nation under God" Namaste sheri

anyone hear about that christian exodus or w/e goin on? a group of people trying to make a goverment compleatly based on christianity and that bible. w00t.gif  rofl.gif  laugh.gif  rofl.gif  w00t.gif

i found this so hilarious that i had to post it

765509[/snapback]

Theocracy?

God's our Prime Minister!

Man, what happens when we get into war.....?

"God, should we use tactic A, or tactic B???"

*no sign*

"Poo"

wow i've never heard about this, it's like watching a cult form right in front of you lol

is this some joke? are they for real? blink.gif

doesn't anyone remember freedom of religion? huh.gif

or separation of church and state? huh.gif

and darwin's flawed theory? w00t.gif

so you acctually think the bible is less flawed then the theory of evolution

which would you chose some old guy telling you something and then saying because i said so or acctual hard evidence? lol

blink.gif

i feel that website cost me some brain cells i've been robbed

oh well just my rambling opinion

man that website was the best laugh i've had all day

thanks huh.gif

I'd say that the Bible God is running the show around here in case no has noticed, Namaste sheri

LOL, sometimes great minds (even when pointed in different directions) think alike, that was my first thought too....I am all for it! Of course it will never work, the laws of the land take precedence over local laws....Just one dissenter and it's over with....a shame, but that's the way it goes! A plus is that if they are all in South Carolina, we non-Christians can build a high wall around it, locking them all in and go on with out lives without their mumbo-jumbo yes.gif

765720[/snapback]

that's a good idea grin2.giftongue.gif

In my opinion its already happened a very long time ago, religion  has been the blueprint for Goverment,

767624[/snapback]

the papal state...Iran with Komeni..Afghanistan with the talibans...ect ect

"Every new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and Government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together"

James Madison

The fourth President of the United States (1809-1817).

The US has been aggressively persued by the christians throughout our history. The US constitution is a secular document. The presidential oath of office, the only oath that is detailed in the constitution doesn't have the phrase "so help me god" nor does it say that you have to put your hand on a bible. In 1797 America signed a treaty with Tripoli, stating that "the government of the United States is not, in any sence, founded on the christian religion". This was written during Washingtons presidency and approved by the senate during J. Adams term. The words "under god" didn't appear in the pledge until 1954 when congress inserted them during the McCarthyism fiasco. " In god we trust" didn't appear on paper money until 1956. It was on coins before that along with all kinds of nonreligious phrases. The US motto is E Pluribus Unim (of many, one) showing plurality, not theocracy.

The christians will just have to understand that the US belongs to all of its citizens and a LOT of us are not christian. The days of the christian rule are over. Our government should always remain SECULAR in order for it to serve ALL of the people. We are seeing the influence of the christian right in the white house as we speak. This is coming up against great opposition and opening peoples eyes to the need for the seperation.

I agree with you Curiousity that was why I posted the quote from James Madison.

Edited by zandore

The US has been aggressively persued by the christians throughout our history. The US constitution is a secular document. The presidential oath of office, the only oath that is detailed in the constitution doesn't have the phrase "so help me god" nor does it say that you have to put your hand on a bible. In 1797 America signed a treaty with Tripoli, stating that "the government of the United States is not, in any sence, founded on the christian religion". This was written during Washingtons presidency and approved by the senate during J. Adams term. The words "under god" didn't appear in the pledge until 1954 when congress inserted them during the McCarthyism fiasco. " In god we trust" didn't appear on paper money until 1956. It was on coins before that along with all kinds of nonreligious phrases. The US motto is E Pluribus Unim (of many, one) showing plurality, not theocracy.

The christians will just have to understand that the US belongs to all of its citizens and a LOT of us are not christian. The days of the christian rule are over. Our government should always remain SECULAR in order for it to serve ALL of the people. We are seeing the influence of the christian right in the white house as we speak. This is coming up against great opposition and opening peoples eyes to the need for the seperation.

770872[/snapback]

well put thumbsup.gif