Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Image of Jesus appears on a tree

Matt.dk

Interesting.. Personally I think its just a coincidence, and I myself am a christian.

Source: http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....D-BOSNIA-DC.XML

Pilgrims flock to image of Jesus on tree

Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 AM ET

SARAJEVO (Reuters) - Christians are flocking to a northwestern Bosnian town to view an image of Jesus Christ that allegedly appeared in a section of a cut tree branch two days ago, Bosnian media reported Friday.

The image resembling Jesus' face cannot be seen from a close distance but only from a few meters away. The branch in the town of Bijeljina was cut about a year ago, said Oslobodjenje daily.

Sceptics have dismissed the image as a freak of nature, but pilgrims have been streaming to the tree, kneeling before it to pray, lighting candles, leaving money and cutting off bark to take home.

The region's Serb Orthodox bishop Vasilije visited the site and said church officials would discuss the phenomenon and advise believers how to behave. He appealed to visitors not to destroy the tree and not to leave money at the site.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• panther10758

• Paranoid Android

• Matt.dk

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The link provided shows no picture of image

Just for curiousity, what is Jesus supposed to look like? An white bearded man with long hair as portrayed in the movies and Catholic churches?

If so, then it's obviously not Jesus - he wasn't white!

If not, then how do they know it's Jesus?

Just a thought thumbsup.gif

Just for curiousity, what is Jesus supposed to look like?  An white bearded man with long hair as portrayed in the movies and Catholic churches?

If so, then it's obviously not Jesus - he wasn't white!

If not, then how do they know it's Jesus?

Just a thought thumbsup.gif

765793[/snapback]

that is where I was leading with this. Images of Jesus have always been of an European lookin gman and there is no way Jesus could have looked that way. This alledged image of jesus would most likely follow that myth image. Therefore my conclusion is this cannot be image of Jesus.