Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hiroshima shadows

NirmalaMaya

Anyhow, he told us a story once during our history lesson. He said he had visited the city of Hiroshima (or what was Hiroshima?) and that the shadows of the people remained as they were at the very moment the bomb hit. The shadows still existed, and hadnt moved.

Why would the shadows have moved? How could they have moved?

This is old.

My question got answered. (Thanks to everyone who answered it! Very interesting stuff)

So, in other words...

I will waste my time replying to you. But I wont waste my time trying to explain some technicality that doesnt even matter. ~_^::

Have a nice one.

Does any one here remember the name of that "Duck and cover" turtle? They used to show us that when I was in elementary school. That was as late as the early 1980's!

To those of you that do remember it, I'm sorry. You'll be singing that song for the rest of the day now, huh?

Hiroshima is a city in Japan.It was one of the 2 cities that was bombed by American troops in 1954 during the Wrold War 2.it was bombed by Atom bombs.And yes it is true that these shadows are the shadows that was left from the huge explosion.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across this site while searching the web for the scientifically unexplained 8 survivors of the Hiroshima A-Bomb disaster. I thought some of you may be interested in the story about these survivors since it has to do with this event. So I signed up just to post this...

Following are two links that I found in my search. I know there are more out there but I don't have the time to post any more:

PDT's - PROPHETS, VISIONS, MIRACLES & SIGNS FROM GOD

Holysouls.com

*Side Note*

Aside from this topic, there are numerous proven revelations, miracles, and events that God has allowed for the hard of hearts and the unbelievers. This is a grace you can take advantage of by doing a little research. Fatima was real. Eucharistic Miracles happen. People are miraculously cured through prayer by God. Unfortunately, people try to underscore and skew the truth for whatever reason. If you sift through the junk you Will find the truth. It's out there and you'll find it if you search hard enough.

Eternal Word Television Network

Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano

Spiritdaily.com

Garabandal.org

Catholic Forums - Answers To Your Questions Can Be Found Here

St. Padre Pio

God Bless,

Prayer Warrior

It seems odd to call them shadows, but think of them this way: A shadow is where light cannot pass through an object, or passes through it only slightly. The same goes for an a-bomb blast.

• 2 years later...
This is going to be kind of hard to explain.

When I was in the 5th or 6th grade we had a substitute teacher. A very animate man with long hair, very effeminate. But we all loved him and enjoyed having him as our sub!

Anyhow, he told us a story once during our history lesson. He said he had visited the city of Hiroshima (or what was Hiroshima?) and that the shadows of the people remained as they were at the very moment the bomb hit. The shadows still existed, and hadnt moved.

Im not sure if this is an urban legend, true, or just some story he made up. Ive tried researching it, but cant find much.

Any help?

:unsure:

Yep Try reading the book "Making of the Atomic Bomb" By Richard Roads. The pictures that you are looking for are in there. I must say it is creapy seeing a mans out line burned into bank steps or a horse, and man burned into asphalt. I could go on trust me... I want to go to hiroshima before <_< I die.....

As a youth in the Sixties, I read John Hershey's Hiroshima, and the burned-in shadows were mentioned in the book.

I have seen the pics that your talking about. Even with the shadows left by people that were killed. Im trying to look for photo's but haven't found any yet.

Edited by raoulduke666

This is a great topic (only, it's a very sad subject) - what I mean is, when you read the OP you think it's a load of rubbish and can't be true, but it turns out that it is true, there are shadows in Hiroshima.

I couldn't imagine how horrific it was that day.

Hah I was going to comment about the pic but I just noticed that I posted here before :-p

• 1 month later...

For me it could be a imprint of the body from ash or you ever thing of this the body singed to a crisp molded with the concrete

I see the pictures on PBS every now and a then... Japan poked at us and got the full brunt of the American hatred of the deaths at Pearl Harbor... as much as it was disgusting... in a way it was beautiful... the innocent for our innocent times so much.... they all scream it was bad for us... they poked at us! And they got it! Sorry to sound war happy... but they attacked us expecting us to roll over. :tu: How wrong they were...

Today Japan seems to honor being our allie... tis just shows times can change for the better. :)

Trust the Yanks. So many innocent people who had never done anything wrong, children playing with their loving parents, people like you and me (Not that I am in the least comparing you and me Kratos) without warning stopped living. And that is how you sum it up.

You disgust me.

Trust the Yanks. So many innocent people who had never done anything wrong, children playing with their loving parents, people like you and me (Not that I am in the least comparing you and me Kratos) without warning stopped living. And that is how you sum it up.

You disgust me.

Seek out and read a copy of Iris Chang's "Rape of Nanking." You'll learn just how brutal a nation can be.

Twain, Mark (Clemens, Samuel, Langhorne)

(1835-1910) b. Florida, Missouri

Man is the Reasoning Animal. Such is the claim. I think it is open to dispute. Indeed, my experiments have proven to me that he is the Unreasoning Animal... In truth, man is incurably foolish. Simple things which other animals easily learn, he is incapable of learning. Among my experiments was this. In an hour I taught a cat and a dog to be friends. I put them in a cage. In another hour I taught them to be friends with a rabbit. In the course of two days I was able to add a fox, a goose, a squirrel and some doves. Finally a monkey. They lived together in peace; even affectionately.

Next, in another cage I confined an Irish Catholic from Tipperary, and as soon as he seemed tame I added a Scotch Presbyterian from Aberdeen. Next a Turk from Constantinople; a Greek Christian from Crete; an Armenian; a Methodist from the wilds of Arkansas; a Buddhist from China; a Brahman from Benares. Finally, a Salvation Army Colonel from Wapping. Then I stayed away for two whole days. When I came back to note results, the cage of Higher Animals was all right, but in the other there was but a chaos of gory odds and ends of turbans and fezzes and plaids and bones and flesh--not a specimen left alive. These Reasoning Animals had disagreed on a theological detail and carried the matter to a Higher Court.

Man is the true wild beast of this planet; I am so convinced of this…Pavot

It was such a terrible thing... killing alot of innocent people, but times CAN and HAVE changed.

I do not mean to be rude..but where are you living?? People are still killing each other...innocent people are being killed everyday. Humans are blood thirst, we have always had murder and war and always will.

The shadows were not just of people and objects. The pattern of this woman's kimono was seared onto her flesh. It was a horrible use of man's power. The flip side is that, while the US killed 200,000 people with the two bombs, the alternative was an invasion of the mainland. The months leading up to that would have seen a continuation of the firebombing of major Japanese cities, which was estimated to be killing 250,000 people per month. Additionally, the invasion itself would have claimed about one million Japanese lives.

The US Secretary of War at the time, Henry Stimson said, "The face of war is the face of death." There is nothing pretty about the mass slaughter of human beings. And the fact that the more 'advanced' man becomes in weaponry, the more civilians will pay the cost. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were big enough single events to capture the attention of the world, but the problem goes far beyond these two dates.

linked-image

Seek out and read a copy of Iris Chang's "Rape of Nanking." You'll learn just how brutal a nation can be.

I will. Wait, is it depressing?

I will. Wait, is it depressing?

In the extreme. I'd say brutalities of war, but "war" is stretching the point.

http://www.amazon.com/Rape-Nanking-Forgott...5457&sr=1-1

"China has endured much hardship in its history, as Iris Chang shows in her ably researched The Rape of Nanking, a book that recounts the horrible events in that eastern Chinese city under Japanese occupation in the late 1930s. Nanking, she writes, served as a kind of laboratory in which Japanese soldiers were taught to slaughter unarmed, unresisting civilians, as they would later do throughout Asia. Likening their victims to insects and animals, the Japanese commanders orchestrated a campaign in which several hundred thousand--no one is sure just how many--Chinese soldiers and noncombatants alike were killed."