Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Save our barmaids' breasts from crazy EU laws

Blackleaf

By TIM SPANTON

user posted image

THE EU has declared a crackpot war on busty barmaids — by trying to ban them from wearing low-cut tops.

Po-faced penpushers have deemed it a HEALTH HAZARD for bar girls to show too much cleavage.

And in a daft directive that will have drinkers choking on their pints, Brussels bureaucrats have ordered a cover-up.

They say barmaids run a skin cancer risk if they expose themselves to the sun when they go outside to collect glasses.

Last night the move was blasted as an affront. Annie Powell, of real ale group Camra, raged: “It’s just another blatant example of Europe gone mad.”

Page 3 babes Nicola T, 22, and Keeley, 18, show just what we could all soon be missing at the pub.

The ruling is part of the new Optical Radiation Directive — expected to be rubber-stamped by the EU parliament next month.

Germans are already frothing over the new law — because bars in Bavaria have been forced to comply in advance.

Drinkers are threatening to boycott Munich’s famous Oktoberfest beer festival. The city’s mayor Christian Ude fumed: “This is European law-making at its most pedantic.

“A waitress is no longer allowed to wander round a beer garden with a plunging neckline. I would not want to enter a beer garden under these conditions.”

thesun.co.uk

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• __Kratos__

• AztecInca

• Blackleaf

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cancer risk... oook... well, there we have it. Anyone on the anti-smoking bandwagon must surely endorse this measure.

This sounds more like something sun made up. The Sun after all isn't a credible paper, its just gutter press.

Edited by Talon

Sounds like a bunch of idiots trying to push this through... if you don't like seeing them, I am sure there are some quiet pubs around or you can *gasps* always drink at home!

Skin cancer.... my ***! Trying to overkill a common thing in the world.

Edited by __Kratos__

Sounds like a bunch of idiots trying to push this through... if you don't like seeing them, I am sure there are some quiet pubs around or you can *gasps* always drink at home!

Its a joke, its not real. tongue.gif The Sun makes up lots of stories just to get people who beleive them to buy it.

I've got a clipping somewhere from the Sun where it claimed Nessie attacked and ate an American scuba-diver. Total rubbish of course.

Edited by Talon

Its a joke, its not real. tongue.gif The Sun makes up lots of stories just to get people who beleive them to buy it.

I've got a clipping somewhere from the Sun where it claimed Nessie attacked and ate an American scuba-diver. Total rubbish of course.

772950[/snapback]

Well... if anything props on the picture, Blackleaf! grin2.gif

For what i know, The Sun and other UK tabloid papers have a long history of making hstorys of this type, or making one whit elements out of context. Also the EU seens to be a favourite target of this tabloids.

Also the EU seens to be a favourite target of this tabloids.

Its because the Sun caters for the uneducated in UK society, it sticks to basic grammer and doesn't have any stories which might confuse its readers (like mentioing the economy). Instead it sticks to Page 3 girls being topless and articles like this.

The uneducated also tend to be the most likely to be racist or intolerant. So makes sense that a paper devoted to the uneducated constantly make attacks on foreigners like other European nationals.

I did this story in the bizarre stories thread but it vanished hmm.gif

It just helps to develop a great respect for certain tabloids now doesn`t it??!?!?!! lol!