Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soldier's mom protests near Bush's ranch

Faeden

Caravan counters Peace Mom protest

Items compiled from Tribune news services

Published August 23, 2005

VACAVILLE, CALIFORNIA -- A caravan proclaiming support for U.S. troops began a tour through California on Monday, stopping in the hometown of Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war mother who gained national prominence during a vigil outside President Bush's Texas ranch.

Conservative activists and military families embarked on the tour they call "You don't speak for me, Cindy!" They planned rallies in several California cities before heading to Crawford, Texas.

About 30 Bush supporters staged a rally outside the Vacaville Reporter newspaper.

"It's time to lay down the anger. We need to continue to uphold those people over there, to uphold those men and women with their boots on the ground," said Deborah Johns, who helped organize the caravan.

Source/Link

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• iaapac

• Faeden

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of idiocy on this forum is almost breathtaking. Literally.

not even talking about nxt2hvn

Nxt2Hvn, you are posting Ann Coulter!!!!

Its like posting Trosky manuscrips but in tthe right wing version.

Yeah whatever Next T Heaven...where does it say Americans cant ask questions? WHat about free speech? And if Checks and Balances and something called law enforcement and justice really existed in this country then this mother (WHO LOST HER SON over LIES!!!) would not be down there wanting answers because Bush would be in jail for endangering National Security, "fixing" our nations energy policy, which is why Ken LAy never went to jail, exposing an undercover CIA agent, raping a TExas woman and a whole lot of other things he should no longer be President for. How could we ever expect Bush supporters to understand logical questions posed by this mother?

PS- My father told me about how hard he had it in the family while Veitnam raged but these family hardliners bought all of the governments propaganda hook line and sinker. Now, my father stands justified. The CIA lied thier a$$ off about everything. Too much to get into now but just wanted to make a point about propaganda and patriotism. "Listen to what they say but watch what they do"...E.Howard Hunt

PSS- good observation Mekorig...lol...busted!!!

Edited by dmgspycat

Nxt2Hvn, you are posting Ann Coulter!!!!

Uh.. yeah... don't much get past you! rolleyes.gif

PSS- good observation Mekorig...lol...busted!!!

Don't hurt yourself there.... unsure.gif

Oh well.. I guess I am ... what's the word?... oh yeah.. busted huh.gif okay.. whatever you say hmm.gif

rolleyes.gif

Test question:

Which of the Four Women I Admire Most is not a member of this forum?

Nxt2Hvn

Nancy

Kismit

Ann Coulter

Joc... do you realise you have just nullified any political argument you have ever made with that statement?!

PS- you used that line the other day and it fits nicely here too...lol Anne Coulter?! C'mon buddy you need some smelling salts or something?

No smelling salts needed here... no.gif

I haven't nullified anything...all of my political conversations are premised deeply in Conservative Philosophy...you will never find me saying ...I voted for Bush..but I'm voting for Hillary... rolleyes.gif puleezzzzeee

Maybe I misunderstood you joc...for a minute there I thought you were extolling Anne Coulture? If she is some kind of model to you then smelling salts are definately warranted.

Oh, you didn't get me wrong...I love Ann Coulter! You should reserve the smelling salts for the Bush Blew Up The Twin Towers crowd... blink.gif

Oh, you didn't get me wrong...I love Ann Coulter!  You should reserve the smelling salts for the Bush Blew Up The Twin Towers crowd... blink.gif

806394[/snapback]

Hee hee Joc... I had to giggle at that.... OH HELL.. who am I kidding... LMAO!!! that was hillarious!!!.... rofl.gif

Oh no joc...thats like...like Cipher when he wanted to be plugged back into the Matrix...even though he knew it wasnt real. You are captivate joc by this foul temptresses wicked juju spell. Shake it off.

PS have you read david brocks 'blinded by the right'?

He tells about Anne Culture and what she really is all about. It really is an insightful book. Brock was just as rabid but something changed him. He took a lot of heat for that book.

Ann's a Peach. I love peaches.

Oh no joc...thats like...like Cipher when he wanted to be plugged back into the Matrix...even though he knew it wasnt real. You are captivate joc by this foul temptresses wicked juju spell. Shake it off.

He tells about Anne Culture and what she really is all about. It really is an insightful book. Brock was just as rabid but something changed him. He took a lot of heat for that book.

806408[/snapback]

Interesting. What did Brock say about Ann? ....that is if you would be so kind to summarize it for us.

joc you are 'the kind of right', that friggin hard right, that doesn't hear any other drummer. You don't realize that there are other worlds out there and other peoples.

I don't know what the book is about, but the phrase "blinded by the right"...that about sums joc's world up. grin2.gif

Edited by Babs

I LOVE the last paragraph!

CINDY SHEEHAN: COMMANDER IN GRIEF

To expiate the pain of losing her firstborn son in the Iraq war, Cindy Sheehan decided to cheer herself up by engaging in Stalinist agitprop outside President Bush's Crawford ranch. It's the strangest method of grieving I've seen since Paul Wellstone's funeral. Someone needs to teach these liberals how to mourn.

Call me old-fashioned, but a grief-stricken war mother shouldn't have her own full-time PR flack. After your third profile on "Entertainment Tonight," you're no longer a grieving mom; you're a C-list celebrity trolling for a book deal or a reality show.

We're sorry about Ms. Sheehan's son, but the entire nation was attacked on 9/11. This isn't about her personal loss. America has been under relentless attack from Islamic terrorists for 20 years, culminating in a devastating attack on U.S. soil on 9/11. It's not going to stop unless we fight back, annihilate Muslim fanatics, destroy their bases, eliminate their sponsors and end all their hope. A lot more mothers will be grieving if our military policy is: No one gets hurt!

Fortunately, the Constitution vests authority to make foreign policy with the president of the United States, not with this week's sad story. But liberals think that since they have been able to produce a grieving mother, the commander in chief should step aside and let Cindy Sheehan make foreign policy for the nation. As Maureen Dowd said, it's "inhumane" for Bush not "to understand that the moral authority of parents who bury children killed in Iraq is absolute."

I'm not sure what "moral authority" is supposed to mean in that sentence, but if it has anything to do with Cindy Sheehan dictating America's foreign policy, then no, it is not "absolute." It's not even conditional, provisional, fleeting, theoretical or ephemeral.

The logical, intellectual and ethical shortcomings of such a statement are staggering. If one dead son means no one can win an argument with you, how about two dead sons? What if the person arguing with you is a mother who also lost a son in Iraq and she's pro-war? Do we decide the winner with a coin toss? Or do we see if there's a woman out there who lost two children in Iraq and see what she thinks about the war?

Dowd's "absolute" moral authority column demonstrates, once again, what can happen when liberals start tossing around terms they don't understand like "absolute" and "moral." It seems that the inspiration for Dowd's column was also absolute. On the rocks.

Liberals demand that we listen with rapt attention to Sheehan, but she has nothing new to say about the war. At least nothing we haven't heard from Michael Moore since approximately 11 a.m., Sept. 11, 2001. It's a neocon war; we're fighting for Israel; it's a war for oil; Bush lied, kids died; there is no connection between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida. Turn on MSNBC's "Hardball" and you can hear it right now. At this point, Cindy Sheehan is like a touring company of Air America radio: Same old script and it's not even the original cast.

These arguments didn't persuade Hillary Clinton or John McCain to vote against the war. They didn't persuade Democratic primary voters, who unceremoniously dumped anti-war candidate Howard Dean in favor of John Kerry, who voted for the war before he voted against it. They certainly didn't persuade a majority of American voters who re-upped George Bush's tenure as the nation's commander in chief last November.

But now liberals demand that we listen to the same old arguments all over again, not because Sheehan has any new insights, but because she has the ability to repel dissent by citing her grief.

On the bright side, Sheehan shows us what Democrats would say if they thought they were immunized from disagreement. Sheehan has called President Bush "that filth-spewer and warmonger." She says "America has been killing people on this continent since it was started" and "the killing has gone on unabated for over 200 years." She calls the U.S. government a "morally repugnant system" and says, "This country is not worth dying for." I have a feeling every time this gal opens her trap, Michael Moore gets a residuals check.

Evidently, however, there are some things worth killing for. Sheehan recently said she only seemed calm "because if I started hitting something, I wouldn't stop 'til it was dead." It's a wonder Bush won't meet with her.

Ann Coulter/Link Source

806201[/snapback]

That's what I said in the beginning...this Sheehan could be a danger to Bush. I sure wouldn't meet with her. no.gif

I like Coulter; I like her stand on the war on terror and the way she talks. thumbsup.gif

It looks like these dem organizations have gotten hold of Sheehan and indoctrinated her. She's just a political dummy, now.

Edited by Babs

806408[/snapback]

by The Hammer of Thor! with this greatly presented insight you must be a licenced

Omniscient One from God! can I see the licence?

It looks like these dem organizations have gotten hold of Sheehan and indoctrinated her. She's just a political dummy, now.

Is it really so hard for you to believe that her son's death has spurred her to attempt to bring an end to a war based on lies, that has claimed the lives of thousands of children, who have mothers just like her?

by The Hammer of Thor! with this greatly presented insight you must be a licenced

Omniscient One from God! can I see the licence?

Ohs teh noes! Someone who *Gasp* DISAGREES with you! Quick boys, let's tie 'im up, an' then tar an' feather 'im! [/sarcasm]

Don't tell me that anyone here seriously buys into the bullsh*t that Anne Coulter is selling. She's crazy as a loon, and believes that liberals should be executed for treason. This might be just me, but that doesn't sound like someone who is all too interested in upholding the constitution of the United States, particularly the first amendmant in the Bill of Rights.

She's crazy as a loon, and believes that liberals should be executed for treason.

Not all liberals should be executed...only those who commit treason.

She's crazy as a loon, and believes that liberals should be executed for treason.

807904[/snapback]

Bush Admin committed treason by giving up Valerie Plames name thus blowing her cover as a CIA agent. Under US law that kind of treason could get the death Penalty but what do you think will happen? Its sick to listen to narrowminded Anne Coulture because she equates liberalism with some kind of disease and she constantly overlooks and denies wrongdoing of a much greater magnitude in her own Republican Party. Shes a selfish and offensive beotch. People like her are very divisive and should be kept away from microphones and all media in general.

Bush Admin committed treason by giving up Valerie Plames name thus blowing her cover as a CIA agent.

Wrong. Valerie Plames outed herself long before her name came into the headlines.

Not only that...Novak outed her after that and he is not even part of the Bush admin.

And finally....Valerie Plames was not engaged in any covert operations...therefore her classification does not even fit in with the laws you think you know.

If you would do a little research instead of just vomiting out the Democrat talking points, people would then be inclined to take you at least a little bit seriously. original.gif

807904[/snapback]

That's the thing - She thinks being a Liberal, in and of itself, constitutes treason. Even if you happen to be a politically-minded elementary schooler (like my little brother) *CHOP* There goes your head.

That's the thing - She thinks being a Liberal, in and of itself, constitutes treason. Even if you happen to be a politically-minded elementary schooler (like my little brother) *CHOP* There goes your head.

Please provide the quote where she expresses this belief ...or kindly shut up about what you don't know. original.gif

iaapac...are you out there? When you talk about the stereotype republican you are wrong about me. ....And many others, who voted Bush in. yes.gif Many democrats are 'for' Bush. I jump parties depending on what issues need to be addressed... there are many people in this country doing that today. So everything isn't 'black and white' as joc would have you believe. wink2.gif

I understand what you are saying and really would love to indulge in that dream you are weaving, but I have to be a realist and stand on terra firma. grin2.gif  *The majority of the country voted Bush in, didn't you know??*

805224[/snapback]

Hey Babs,

Sorry, been out of town for a few days but was happy to return and find that we do agree on something! I, too, vote for people, not parties and we are in agreement that a woman president is finally needed and probably no other woman in recent years is a more viable candidate than Hillary.

someone took her son for all the wrong reasons

I know this is a hard concept for you, but: Soldiers die in wars!

He enlisted voluntarily and then re enlisted to go back to Iraq...he believed in what he was doing .

805071[/snapback]

I am curious about the recurrent comment that soldiers who died in Iraq "enlisted" and thus knew what they were doing. I may not totally agree with that point but I would like to equate it with the automatic death penalty imposed when someone kills a cop. A cop knew what he was getting into when he accepted the job, so why is his life more valuable than others who are killed and the murderer gets life in prison in a capitol punishment state?

You see, this "he knew what he was getting into" doesn't always hold water or remain logical when compared to other situations.