Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The best way to learn Pyrokinesis?

Ignis_Fatuus

I've heard about pyrokinesis ever since I got interested in psionics. I've tried to light a small peice of string aflame (let alone make it hot) but I was not successful. I pictured the string being made of many small 'sun' molecules, spinning very fast and then I visualized the top of the string burning, but nothing. Am I doing this correctly?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Megalomania

• IceStorm

• kariudo115

• Psikomaster

For the most part, yes. Time man, time. Practice with it reguraly and daily. And I advise working with lit candles by making them smaller and larger and controlling the direction the flame foes in. After you've mastered this try it with some string, and dip it in something flammable like clogne to help you out. wink2.gif

Alright, thnx. cool.gif

Sun molecules... you mean a hydrogen compound, right? I don't think analyzing what would make the string hot would do as much as increasing your body temperature with such visualizations. You get warm if you hyperventilate, right? It works the same way. But, i don't think you'll get a fire. Keep trying if you choose, and keep us informed if you want. ;D

Im here( i cant believe i am doing this to back GhostDJR) the way he spoke of is the right technique it is referred o as the dancing flame.....concentrate on the base of the flame on a candle. Concentrate on it and of course with all psionic abilities you must practice for a long time. When you start only focus on moving the flame into a direction you choose. Now along side with Frost warrior, concentrating on sun molecules wont get you any where....you must form your own body heat into the igniting substance dipping the string into something flammable will help.

You are reaching too far. To light a piece of normal cotton string, you have to at least reach the minimum flashpoint of 170 degrees. Aim for something a bit simpler to start out with.

Go to your local drugstore and get a thermometer, preferably one of the liquid crystal ones that you place on the forehead of infants and read the temeperature differences by the change in colors. Start small. Just try to get the colors of the ten degrees above room temp to change.

Heh. I didn't mean 'sun molecules' like hyrdogen or whatever huh.gif . I meant little balls that resemble the sun. And thanx everyone. I know I'm being a pain. hmm.gif

Have a go at magnesium, as far as I know, it doesn't take much to set that alight...... wear protection (sun) goggles...... Mg gets very bright.,..

Heh. I didn't mean 'sun molecules' like hyrdogen or whatever huh.gif . I meant little balls that resemble the sun. And thanx everyone. I know I'm being a pain. hmm.gif

783590[/snapback]

Don't worry about it. Asking questions is how you learn. Hopefully, you will soon learn that none of this works, but that's the skeptic in me talking.

Im here( i cant believe i am doing this to back GhostDJR) the way he spoke of is the right technique it is referred o as the dancing flame.....concentrate on the base of the flame on a candle. Concentrate on it and of course with all psionic abilities you must practice for a long time. When you start only focus on moving the flame into a direction you choose. Now along side with Frost warrior, concentrating on sun molecules wont get you any where....you must form your own body heat into the igniting substance dipping the string into something flammable will help.

782810[/snapback]

Honestly, would you stop treating me the way you do every time I say something. I sy something you agree with, whoopde doo. That's because I spend alot of my time researching and practicing it. So please, don't treat me like an idiot.

• 3 months later...

you have to practice ALOT, i've been practicing pyrokinesis for three months and the biggest thing i've done with fire is make embers on a match glow withe hot

Sun molecules... you mean a hydrogen compound, right? I don't think analyzing what would make the string hot would do as much as increasing your body temperature with such visualizations. You get warm if you hyperventilate, right? It works the same way. But, i don't think you'll get a fire. Keep trying if you choose, and keep us informed if you want. ;D

HEY, i can increse my body temp, much like the Tibetin monks who sit outside in the snow with hardly anything on and a cold rag placed on their backs(causing it to steam...another discovery show(i think)), other psionic abilities id argue with, especially at certian levels, but that i wouldent, there is hard scientific research on raising body temperatures through meditation, its the same princable as lowering your heart rate, which many professional swimmers do.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I've been research ki energy and elemental energy(which is how I found this site) and I was hoping that other people were trying this stuff to. I haven't sat down and actually tried this stuff yet, but it sounds like it is possible after all. Maybe I'll start trying now that I know other people have tried some of it and say that it is possible.

i am a noob pyrokinetic. ive been practicin 4 5 months and i have managed to make a match start to smoke. At first i was a bit skeptic but now that i tried it i can see that it is very possible. If anyone has other new and easy techniques 4 me to try out please tell me

My way at making fire- get an empty bottle, an old rag, and a match. Douse the rag in kerosene and stick it into the bottle. Light the match and light the rag on fire. Enjoy! :D

My way at making fire- get an empty bottle, an old rag, and a match. Douse the rag in kerosene and stick it into the bottle. Light the match and light the rag on fire. Enjoy! :D

thnx alot lol but have been doin that b4 i even heard of this stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Um, hello everyone. I just joined this because I had a bit of an accident last week. Something similar happened last year and my parents were very angry with me because of it. I now live with my grandparents and I was very upset about something my mother had said to me and my grandmother came into my room and accused me of something I did not do and I got so angry and shouted and my tv which had been on at the time, made a weird noise and went "snowy" and my overhead light literally exploded. It scared my grandmother so badly she didn't wish to really be alone with me for about 4 days. I dont know what to do, is it wrong, what I did? If it was really me? I mean, I know it was me because similar things have happened before, as I already said. I just don't know what to do.

I think I've seen this happen.. it was i na movie..... just need to remember which one.

Edited by Replacement100

I think I've seen this happen.. it was i na movie..... just need to remember which one.

It was in the tv-show charmed when a boy got angry at his foster-parents(who were demons) and burned his bed, or atleast it sounds like that to...

Edited by Dark Lord

Please forgive me if I sound rude, but did this movie by any chance have the answer to my problem? I'm a bit freaked out, so, I'm willing to try anything. Please?

It was in the tv-show charmed when a boy got angry at his foster-parents(who were demons) and burned his bed, or atleast it sounds like that to...

Was it also on Smallville?

I've heard about pyrokinesis ever since I got interested in psionics. I've tried to light a small peice of string aflame (let alone make it hot) but I was not successful. I pictured the string being made of many small 'sun' molecules, spinning very fast and then I visualized the top of the string burning, but nothing. Am I doing this correctly?

most probably yes....but it takes much time and patience,,,keep that in mind...also..dont focus so hard...kinda go empty minded for a whole 5 minutes......maybe 20.. an hour maybe..you will find it helps...

Um, hello everyone. I just joined this because I had a bit of an accident last week. Something similar happened last year and my parents were very angry with me because of it. I now live with my grandparents and I was very upset about something my mother had said to me and my grandmother came into my room and accused me of something I did not do and I got so angry and shouted and my tv which had been on at the time, made a weird noise and went "snowy" and my overhead light literally exploded. It scared my grandmother so badly she didn't wish to really be alone with me for about 4 days. I dont know what to do, is it wrong, what I did? If it was really me? I mean, I know it was me because similar things have happened before, as I already said. I just don't know what to do.

this does indeed sound like something off of a television show...but if you are true in what your saying,you need to start learning to control your ability....which sounds to me like electrokinesis.... i dont really beleive your story....but im not going to tell you it isnt true if in fact it did happen...i wouldnt be a very nice person...i have been doubted before...i know what it feels like..but on the other hand...i know how foolish i would feel if i beleived a load of crap....either way..take or leave my advice....