Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bedside Manners

Gunterwoman

devil.gif

My sister and I shared a bedroom and sometimes it seemed as though some of our thought were also shared. We had the typical little sister big sister type of relationship, you know the kind, I was always to blame for what ever didn't go right.

My sister and I joked around about the ghost in our room, the one that would open the closet door, close the bedroom door and move things here and there. (of course we each blamed each other for the odd things that were happening). Even though we were both in our teens we still slept with the bedroom door open and the closet door closed, for some childish reason we thought that it made a difference...lol.

It was very late one night and everyone was sound asleep in bed. For some reason I bolted awake and looked around the room, my sister was soundly sleeping. I laid back down closed my eyes and began feeling very cold. My heart was beating rather fast and I got the most anxious, nervous and scared feeling in the pit of my stomach that seemed to travel upward to my throat. I opened my eyes to notice the closet door was opened and the bedroom door closed. As I looked towards my sister sleeping in her bed my eyes fixed on a dark shadowy object sitting at the side of my bed. The object looked like it was wearing a dark brown hooded cape with the open face area looking out the bedroom window. I remembered thinking to myself "This has got to be a dream, I need to wake myself up....but I know I'm awake I just know it."

I also remember trying to lift myself out of bed but couldn't move it was if there was something keeping me down. I tried to scream but couldn't. I tried calling my sister but no sound would come out although my mouth was moving to form the words. All I could do was lay there and stare at this object sitting next to me. It seemed like a life time before the shadowy figure began to turn its head towards me. I was so scared I stopped breathing and tried to close my eyes but couldn't. I felt my eyes begin to burn and sting from not blinking or closing my eyes for a while.

When the object finally looked at me I found it to have orange-yellow eyes that pierced my soul. Everything else inside the hood was black; there was no face outline or features present other than these two horrific eyes. By this time my heart was about to pop out of my chest and I actually thought I was going to die. I opened my mouth in another attempt to scream and there it was, a blood curdling scream, but it wasn't coming from me! It was my sister screaming as she sat upright in her bed. To this day I don't think I have ever heard a scream as loud as the scream she let out that night. As my sister began to scream the closet door slammed shut, my shadowy figure disappeared and I was able to leap out of bed.

Sometime during this incident I had started crying I'm not sure when all I know is when my folks came running to the room I was crying and my sister was screaming. My sister to this day doesn’t know what made her scream that night but I am so grateful that she did. Needless to say we didn't joke around about the ghost in our room anymore.

Gunterwoman

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gunterwoman

• Bizarro

• dust19

• Lady Gwuillotine

Top Posters In This Topic

kind of sounds like old hag. it also sounds eerily like some of the stranger alien abduction stories ive read. the fact that you focused on the eyes and were unable to move. the feeling that your eyes were stinging from being held open.

have you ever seen a UFO?

Yeah, it kinda does sound like sleep paralysis. Although your sister screaming is interesting, almost like you both had the same "dream." But perhaps she screamed because she woke up and saw you there, awake but not moving. It does sound too much to be a coincidence....

Yes I have seen a UFO however it wasn't until much much later. Thanks for reading and replying. My oldest son and I have also shared the same dream which I too thought was a little weird. Have a great day all.

Gunterwoman

I was about to mention sleep paralysis as well until i read the whole thing. The fact you both saw the same thing makes this very interesting indeed. Also the fact you moved directly before the paralysis does seem to suggest this wasn't sleep paralysis.

Do you know the history of the house before you lived there? Did you or anybody else every see this again or try to investigate this? Did anything odd happen after this event, and what did your sister say she saw? Thanks for sharing your story.