Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mothman: What was it?

dragonlady_mothman

What do you think the Mothman was?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Mothman was?

• An unknown animal (not distinctly bird or primate)
    • An unknown bird
    • An unknown primate
    • Something supernatural (a spirit that heralds doom, etc)
    • Thunderbird
    • Thunderbeing
    • Misidentification
    • A joke/hoax that got out of hand
    • Cheif Cornstalk's curse
    • Other

Kinda curious as to what other people think. happy.gif

John Klein: What do you look like?

The Mothman: It depends on who is looking.

John Klein: I think we can assume that these entities are more advanced than us. Why don't they just come right out and tell us what's on their minds?

Alexander Leek: You're more advanced than a cockroach, have you ever tried explaining yourself to one of them?

John Klein: Where's my watch?

Indrid Cold: In your shoe. Under the bed.

John Klein: What am I holding in my hand?

Indrid Cold: Chap Stick.

Alexander Leek:  A voice, a light, a man, a monster...it's perception, John.
Edited by dragonlady_mothman

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTimeRadio

• Syntax

• Blue^Hunter

• dragonlady_mothman

I voted for an unknown animal of some sort, it seems to me as the most probable answer.

Though supernatural being would have been my next choice. Watching the movie or reading some of the stories may make it seem like a heralder of doom.

John Klein: I think we can assume that these entities are more advanced than us. Why don't they just come right out and tell us what's on their minds?

Alexander Leek: You're more advanced than a cockroach, have you ever tried explaining yourself to one of them

heh, made me laugh a bit

yes but could you tell us which flavour?

It has to be a spirit that heralds doom. Other creatures surprisingly like mothman have been seen all around the world.

Mothman,

Black bird of chernobyl,

Frienburg Shrieker,

and the dragon man.

These have all been around at disaster sights.

i think its a mutatated bird cuz it was first sighted in tnt on sewage field(it use to be a bird watching area) the sewage area was the remains of a battlefield in ww2 (thats what i heard)

I just need to ask one question..may be off topic (I apologize). I see that you have some quotes from the movie "The Mothman Prophecies" in the original post. Ive seen the movie a couple times, but I am unfamiliar with the true story.

Why is the Mothman called Indrid Cold in the movie?

I voted for an unknown animal of some sort, it seems to me as the most probable answer.

Though supernatural being would have been my next choice. Watching the movie or reading some of the stories may make it seem like a heralder of doom.

Alexander Leek: You're more advanced than a cockroach, have you ever tried explaining yourself to one of them

heh, made me laugh a bit

Oh, yes, I liked that, too. Just before or just after this, Leek points to a window-washer on a big building and says, "If there was a cockroach on *insert street name here*, he could probably see it. Now that doesn't mean he's god, or even smarter than we are, but from where hes standing, he can see a little bit farther down the road."

yes but could you tell us which flavour?

787703[/snapback]

Probably.

Nirmala: Actually, Indrid Cold was a supposed alien from the planet Lanulos. He stepped out of a spaceship and took one Woodrow Derenberger to his home planet, a couple times.

user posted image

788125[/snapback]

huh.gif What am I looking at? I can turn it into the classic headless Mothman or a really big bird of some kind.

Whats the disaster happening in the pic.

788150[/snapback]

9/11, looks like. people are staring in its direction, but that could be for all number of things.

I doubt the mutated bird theory. Doesn't make sense why it could talk and predict tragedies.

788155[/snapback]

the Mothman didn't use a telephone that we are aware of. There were telephone anomolies, however.

the mutated bird theory IS a bit hoaky sci-fi movie. more than likely it would be born with one leg or half a jaw, not sentience.

Mothman was never seen during the day, that i am aware of. unless he was and no one noticed. He always shied away from light. At least, when he found himself standing in the headlights of a car packed with scared teenagers. Might be a reason for that! thumbsup.gif

All I know is the line about chapstick in the movie, made my mom jump about 5 feet in the air. I've never laughed so hard in my entire life. Great movie, but don't know what Mothman is.

Never heard of this before hmm.gif but sounds like a joke, just the name already laugh.gif

dontgetit.gif You've never heard of the Mothman?!

Poke around on here, there are several chats on the subject. It's an eyebrow-raising phenomena. And an excellent movie!

I voted, A joke/hoax that got out of hand.

And unless their is a weight of even circumstantial evidence turn up, I don't buy it no.gif

Keel found footprints, like big human footprints, shoeless. That's all I can say. And i suppose you could find medical records on those with eyeburn.

My siggy no longer says it, but my philosophy has always been, "Even if the Mothman is a sandhill crane and UFOs are just the planet Venus, they are still something, right?"

Something tangible and physical...not a mass hallucination.

Love your siggy, by the way. happy.gif

I'm not voting because I'm even with

Something supernatural (a spirit that heralds doom, etc)

or

An unknown animal (not distinctly bird or primate)

oh and NJC that picture you posted is said to be an angle or some thing like at the WTC on 9-11 in NYC

spirit that heralds doom. or it could be a being from another dimention.............Messing around with us frail human beings.... mellow.gif

• 3 years later...
linked-image

It's not the bird that should be concerning you in the image, I cannot belive someone else hasn't noticed, I shall not say what is obviously wrong, but I gaurantee you will be kicking yourself when you realise what else is happening in that photo, if you look around you will notice that the bird is just a distraction, after you notice the things that are clearly wrong in the photo, you will no dought be asking "who" caused this distraction, and "why" didn't I see whats right in front of me!.

Baku - you are beautiful :yes:

Edited by spiritweb

It's not the bird that should be concerning you in the image, I cannot belive someone else hasn't noticed, I shall not say what is obviously wrong, but I gaurantee you will be kicking yourself when you realise what else is happening in that photo, if you look around you will notice that the bird is just a distraction, after you notice the things that are clearly wrong in the photo, you will no dought be asking "who" caused this distraction, and "why" didn't I see whats right in front of me!.

Baku - you are beautiful :yes:

All that looks wrong to me is it looks like a film set, the odd shape on top of the building and the person in green in front of the van. Other then that I can't see what's wrong? :hmm: