Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Local Legends in your area!

Knowledgetruthfreedom

Where I live there's allegedly a giant mountain cat that resembles a panther. It roams the bush, but considering I live in Australia it doesn't seem realistic, although there have been sightings and photographs of it (I'm not convinced on their legitimacy).

I live near this place called Galston Gorge (you can google it and read about it's myths) but Ivan Milat dumped the bodies of two hitchhikers there in the 90's so it's got a really eeire vibe to it. The gorge itself is really dangerous to drive down so there have been numerous deaths resulting from crashes, and it runs through a popular hiking track that people have gone missing from. Legend has it that if you go over galston gorge bridge at night and turn your car off, when you turn your headlights back on the ghost of a hitchhiker will appear in front of your car. My brother and his friends tried it once but as they turned the car on they all felt strangely compelled to shut their eyes, even the driver shut his eyes as he drove off in a hurry, so they never got to see if someone appeared :/

On the same gorge there's a legend that if you're driving when it's raining and you look at this certain spot you'll see a man jumping off a cliff.

They're not great legends, but they're the ones in my area. I wish we had interesting legends :/

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Columbo

• Carrie Anne

• Rory

• TheLikeness

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@please-forgive-me...the cottingley fairies was about a couple of young sisters in cottingley,yorkshire who said they took photo's of some fairies down by a river which were published and even sir arthur conan doyle thought they were real,when the girls were older they said 1 or 2 of the fairies were real but the rest were fake but before the last sister passed away she supposedly confessed that it was all a hoax...just a quick rundown for you.

Here in Buckinghamshire, England, we have alleged "Big Cats" similar in description to panthers. Seen by many people in the local countryside, and farmers have reported their animal stock mutilated.