Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There's something in my creepy house

chicatillo

Hello. I decided to share my story with you because I'm very confused and I don't know what to do. So, I live alone in an old house built in 1920 and a lot of strange things have been happening lately. It all started with some creepy noises coming from the forth floor (the last floor) and because I sleep on the 3rd, I could clearly hear someone walking upstairs. A few months ago I had guests and they slept on the 4th floor. At 3:00 am I suddenly woke up because heard my friend screaming. I ran upstairs and I saw that on the bed, right beside my friend there was a knife. I never keep any utensils on the last floor but this seemed to have some from nowhere. My friend told me how she woke up and felt that someone was watching her and when she turned around, she noticed a short black figure standing in front of her bed. Then, this shadow threw the knife at my friend. She packed her things and said that she'll never ever come in this haunted house. Thanks God, she was not hurt but this was the first time I realized that this thing won't just go like that. A few days ago, I came home from work and I saw that on the staircase there was a hammer and some crashed nuts. I knew that I wasn't the one who left them and there was no-one else who could do this, because as I said, I'm the only one who lives in the house. I threw them away but on the next day, I found the same thing again. I took the hammer and I left it in the garden. I locked all doors and I went upstairs. In the hall, there is a big mirror and I saw that it was broken. I started examining how that happened because I really had no explaination. And as I was looking at it, I saw the reflection of someone standing behind me in the mirror. I turned around but there was no-one there. I left the mirror because I felt that it's all getting very creepy and scary and I want to bed. I couldn't fall asleep because I heard the same steps again. But this time they seemed to come from the staircase. I guess I had fallen asleep because I woke up I heard some strange cracking and something hit me very bad on the head. I got up immediately and I saw that the thing that hit me was a vase. I had never seen that vase in the house before and I don't know where it came from. I was so scared that I decided to get out of the house and go to a hotel but when I was dressing I heard someone knocking at the door. I couldn't think of anyone who would come in the middle of the night but I had no choice and I want to the door. I asked, "Who is it?" but there was no answer. I slightly opened the door and I saw the hammer in front of it. I was so terrified that I just ran away from the house and I went to a hotel. I have no idea what that thing is and I'm too frightened to go back there. Do you have any ideas how I can get rid of this?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chicatillo

• uranium101

• Saru

• Aslan

Hi Chicatillo,

I can understand why you wouldn't want to go back there, I don't think anyone would be too ready to stick around in a place where an 'entity' of some sort is deliberately trying to injure you. How long had you lived in the house before all of this started, and are the recent events the first time anything has occured ?

There are quite a few people on this forum who are very knowledgeable regarding subjects such as this, and with any luck should be able to advise you on what you should do in this situation.

I just hope everything settles down for you soon.

Thanks for the reply. Well, I'd been living in this house for nearly a year before it all started. I had some problems like this in the previous house I lived in - some awful scratching on the walls, strange knockings and that's why I moved. I thought it was all over but obviously I was wrong. Maybe this thing is following me or something... which doesn't make me feel much better.

Hmmm. Interesting story. It sounds as if the 'intelligence' has some attachment to you rather than the building - the odds on living in two haunted houses in succession must be so steep as to comfortably disregard the possibility.

A haunting normally follows a set pattern, begining with scratching noises, then knocking noises, then actual physical manifestations start - movement of objects, apports - that kind of thing. After this, materialisations - by which I mean the 'intelligence' shows itself. Voices can also occur either during or after the physical manifestation stage. I notice that in your story we have most of these stages, albeit 'spread' over two different locations. This is what leads me to believe that the 'intelligence' has attached itself to you rather than the location. It also leads me to believe that the 'haunting' is in it's final stages. When I say 'final stages' I mean in terms of variety of phenomena rather than duration.

As to why this thing has attached itself to you, most researchers would suggest that it is attracted to some sort of psychic leakage. This kind of leakage can happen in all kinds of situations, and the 'intelligence' uses the leakage for it's manifestations. There are lots of cases of people who, suffering under the same kind of supernatural barrage, have had their auras 'healed', and this seems to help. Healing the aura, apparently, staunches the 'leakage'.

The being seems of quite a nasty disposition, to put it mildly, and this means that in all probability we have a malicious spirit, out to cause fear and panic. These things have no particular grudge with the person they are terrorising, rather they simply enjoy spreading alarm. There are several theories as to why this should be, but the basic upshot is that it probably has no reason to be doing what it is doing other than to frighten you.

I can only think of one instance in which a 'low-grade entity' caused lasting physical harm to anybody, and that instance is somewhat apocryphal and dificult to verify. As Colin Wilson points out in Enter the Poltergeist (Now part of the broader work The Supernatural) there seems to be some sort of 'law' which prevents lasting harm being done to the victim.

I know that this is not particularly comforting, but in all likelihood, the various knife incidents were calculated to frighten more than anything else. The same probably holds with the vase incident, although it does seem at the extreme end of the scale.

As to what you can do...well, firstly, 'aura healing' has worked for many people. And secondly, these things often just need 'persuading' to move on. A theory runs that many of them are even unaware that they are dead. So a solution might be to get somebody to make contact and point out one or two 'home truths' - ie, that it's dead and it's causing untold misery.

I'm sure other people will weigh in and help, but for now I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

when i die, i'd like to linger around and freak people out before i go to the other side w/ everyone else. or like aslan said, tell it it's dead and that it needs to move on. i read somewhere that if you are dead, but don't realize it, then you remain on earth as a spirit, and that when you finally realize you are dead, then it magically gives you the knowledge on how to go to the land of the dead.

Hello Chicotilla ,

I have a couple of questions because it does appear as Aslan said to be an entity that has attatched itself to you personally . Firstly How old are you ? Certain age groups appear to be more prone to these sorts of hauntings and secondly Can you think of any reason the entity may have decided to stick around ? I mean was there any event in your life prior to the first manifestations that you may be able to connect to the haunting ?

As for getting rid of the spirit there appears to be really only the one way , tell it to move on , let it know you won't be frightened by it any more and that it should leave . If you don't feel strong enough to get rid of it your self then I would suggest a priest of some sort as there are a lot of charlotens out there and you don't want to be opening your house to just any body .

There is not really anyting i can add to this, except to say that i agree with Aslan

so far you have gotten excellent replies....

I don't blame you for being frightened.

Hello and thanks for the replies. Well, I'm 20 but I've always had some strange experiences with such kind of "energy". Strange mist in some photos, sparks in others but I've never paid so much attention at that. When I was a little girl (6 or 7 years old) I used to hear some weird knockings, scratching on the walls and on the furniture but no-one believed me. And when I was a teenager, this thing seemed to have disappeared. But it all started again a few months ago. Last night I got back to the house because I had to take some things. I left my keys on the table and I went in my bedroom to pack my stuff. But when I got back to the table, the keys weren't there. I shouted something like "Leave me alone, go away" and this thing got mad. It threw the keys at me, the mirror broke into pieces without any obvious reason and I could hear the most awful scratching in my whole life - as if there were hundreds of rats in the room. I won't go back to this house ever again and I'll try to contact an experienced medium who might help me. I hope this thing will leave because it's really driving me crazy.

Hello, Chicatillo. I may not have much helpful info on this subject, but I'll sure try. Helping people is what I do best. The entity is obviously malevalent (not sure how that's spelled). If I see a ghost, I try to communicate with it. On one occasion, I did ask a ghost to leave me alone and it worked. If you ask, instead of demand, you might get it to leave. But, I've never dealt with an agressive spirit, so don't really take that risk before you know you can. I do have one question: You spoke of seeing someone else's reflection in the mirror. Who or what did it look like? Sorry if I wasn't of much help, but I'm new at this knida stuff. Hope all things go well.

Hi Chicatillo

I have a question around the time it started were you stressed out or did something very emotional happen, because sometimes that can cause the poltergeist effect more so to people who've experienced this before.

Here are some things to try:

1:Visualise yourself surrounded by pure white light.

2:chant "mah rah" it'll raise the vibration of the room it is said in.

3:also keep a happy attitude it will keep your vibrations positive.

If that doesn't work you might have to get a medium.

Im still searching for some safe ways but for now I hope this

helps you & take care.

I contacted a medium but it didn't help much. This thing disappeared for 1 day and then it came back again but this time it isn't so agressive. Some things in the house move from their place but I think it doesn't try to hurn me this time. espdracomth, I think I wasn't stressed out when it first appeared. I was a little girl then and maybe I can't remember if I felt threatened or scared. Ghostboo, I saw a silhouette in the mirror - black and short. I couldn't see its face maybe because it didn't look like a human at all. As if it was trasparent because I could see the cupboard through that figure. Anyway, if there's something new going on, I'll let you know. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

I agree with Aslan for the most part except that it is bugging you for no reason...try to talk to it..if it can't talk leave it a pen and paper if it respond s let us know...it seems to keep following you and tried to kill your friend but not you..weird...the nuts and hammer i heard in a book once is a sign of death....it won't hurt you...it just wants your attention for some reason....you tried leaving and it followed you so it still hasn't left you alone...you can't get rid of it unless you communicate...or so it seems.....ghost are actuaaly the spirits of people who's body were under so much pressure they died off.....but the person did not finish it's purpose in life before hand and so can not pass on to the next world..it only remains a bodyless spirit...maybe this spirit needs your help to complete it's unfinished buissness so it can pass on..ask it....all of us are here for a reason..if one does not fufill his reason the world could crash..i mean Lincoln,Martin Luther King Jr.,tHEY BOTH DIED SOON AFTER THEY CHANGED THE WORLD...WHAT IF THEY DIED BEFORE HAND...bad news for us...*gulp*