Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Teaches

iac_tracker

A CHRISTIAN GROUP

Come here all are exepted even skeptics but only for better doing and this group is not to argue about religion but to learn from others and spread the joy. grin2.gif Do you have something to talk about or have you had a religious awakening that you want to share. Come and tell us what God has done in your life and what you have learned from him. thumbsup.gif What have you learned from church this week?

Basically a place to talk arguement free about anything to do with god. innocent.gif

Edited by iac_tracker

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paranoid Android

• Faeden

• hyperactive

• iac_tracker

How does the crucifixion of Jesus translate into a sacrifice for everyone's sins? From what I recall, he neither wanted to be there nor did he know what he was dying for.

To answer your question aquatus, back in the OT, for people to "cover up" their sins, they needed a sacrifice. There were different sacrifices for different kinds of sin, such as a meat offering for stealing and what- not. Of course, their sins weren't quite forgiven, but rather they were covered. When Jesus came, He became the final sacrifice for sin, so that not only normal people could talk to God(back in the OT, only priests could talk to God, and they needed to be sin- free or else they'd die on the spot), but our sins were also forgiven, not just covered. This is just a rough stroy, and someone else can probably give you a little more detail:tu:

iac_tracker, this is a very good idea. Let's see, God does many things in my life. If I'm about to do something I shouldn't, I can hear a little voice say "don't," and when I follow it, I end up not getting hurt or in trouble. Everyday I learn a new lesson, it can be a discreet lesson or a life changing one, but it's always a lesson. Also, one of the biggest things He does is answer my prayer requests. It may not be an immediate answering, but they all do get answered.

Yes my prayers always get answered too It might be a while but remember "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whoes confidence is in him" so sometimes I have to pray for the same thing over a period of time but it always happens thumbup.gif

To answer your question aquatus, back in the OT, for people to "cover up" their sins, they needed a sacrifice.  There were different sacrifices for different kinds of sin, such as a meat offering for stealing and what- not.  Of course, their sins weren't quite forgiven, but rather they were covered.

Did the sacrifice have to be willing?

Did the sacrifice have to be willing?

788912[/snapback]

Does a cow have a choice in the matter? does a sack of grain have choice in the matter?

Jesus didn't want to die - no sane person wishes to die. But Jesus also acknowledged it was God's will and he would do as God wished "Not my will but yours". So it was a willing sacrifice as in Jesus had a choice and decided to follow through.

Hope that answers your question thumbsup.gif

Anyway, good thread. Today I have been reminded of the great joy of the future as we look forward to the day that all God's creation will bow down and worship Him. The passage at church today was Revelations 7 - when John saw a great multitude of people, so large their number couldn't be counted, all worshipping God. When no longer will society be divided, but united under one God, one purpose, one hope, one love.

I pray and look forward to that glorious day.

Regards,

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

and PA, what if that uniting force is buddhism? or what if that uniting force is logic?

will you still be happy that all of humanity came together in "one purpose", even if it means dismissal of your religion? (would you sacrifice your version of faith for the greater "good" of humanity, or do you just expect all other belief structures to do so?)

and PA, what if that uniting force is buddhism?  or what if that uniting force is logic?

will you still be happy that all of humanity came together in "one purpose", even if it means dismissal of your religion?  (would you sacrifice your version of faith for the greater "good" of humanity, or do you just expect all other belief structures to do so?)

789824[/snapback]

What a great question, I am glad I am not the one having to answer it.

All the best

Faeden

To answer that, my faith tells me that that will not be the case. Our world will be united as one under the banner of GOd one day. Faith aside, I do not think our selfish nature's will let that happen. There will always be an egomaniac out there in some guise or other trying to advance their own purposes.

When I speak of the day we are united, I speak of heaven. When all creation is bowing down and worshipping the wonderful creator. It's not a physical day of which I speak, but the day of our Lord's return.

Hope that helps thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Edited by Paranoid Android

Hi Paranoid Android

Can I ask you, are non Christians allowed to this party?

All the best

Faeden

PA. but what if when you die (and there is life after death for this scenario) you go off to a place and discover that the unity of all energy in the universe is not what you beleived in this life? will you still be as happy to see a unity of energies or will you be unhappy that it was not what christianity promised?

PA why would you rejoice when we all bow down and "worship the Christian God??? one does not have faith one is faith !!! One does not "hope' that something will happen one just "KNOWS it will, One who has faith (and very few have acheieved such a state) don't defend their beleiefs there is no need to their beleifs stand on there own, Why would you wish we as humans remaoin divided, different is kool but divided ? again thats what religion encourages . Namaste Sheri

Edited by Sheri berri

Faeden - the views of the non-Christian are valued here. However, we do not wish this thread to become another "prove Christianity" thread. It is hoped that Christians can come here and discuss their views and opinions without having to justify them as happens in every other thread.

Hyper - if I am wrong, I doubt I'd care.

Regards,

Faeden - the views of the non-Christian are valued here.  However, we do not wish this thread to become another "prove Christianity" thread.  It is hoped that Christians can come here and discuss their views and opinions without having to justify them as happens in every other thread.

Hyper - if I am wrong, I doubt I'd care.

Regards,

790456[/snapback]

I only asked a question based on the threads subject. If you cant answer it that is fine, just thought id ask.

All the best

Faeden

Everybody is welcome here skeptics, believers, christians, and even athiests but it is not to ask questions. It is share your religous expieriences and spread the joy of the Lord. wink2.gif

Edited by iac_tracker

Hi this is a great idea. thumbsup.gif

I learned from my daughter today....well she is the sweetest and she said this morning out of the blue. " God made me special" I said "why" She said because "We all are special"

The moral of my story is that God made us different so we could do different things. If we all had two legs then we would not know what it was like to one who has one leg. The same with long hair,short hair,black,or white. We all are different because God loves diversity.

Everybody is welcome here skeptics, believers, christians, and even athiests but it is not to ask questions. It is share your religous expieriences and spread the joy of the Lord. wink2.gif

790571[/snapback]

We can only talk on this topic if we say the "right" things, its a misundrstanding that the only way to share the Joy of the "lord ' could only be within the confines of christainity all of life is sacred all believe structures contain some truth, Sacredness is not only in one place the Religious establishment is not very evolved in its conciousness that is apparent by the things itt teaches.do not get stuck in thinking there is only one school of thought on God you will only become rigid and dogmatic., yours is not the best way its just merely another way. Namaste sheri

Sheri - When I get home from uni for example and come here and say "Hey, I came to a greater undertanding of God today because....", it is hoped I don't have a hundred people saying "I don't believe in....", "How do you know it wasn't just....", "What about other...." and so on and so forth.

So yeah, all are welcome to share experiences, but this thread is not designed to be another "prove Christianity" thread........

Regards, PA

in other words, only christians are welcome because only christians would be claiming to have had experiences of the "abrahamic god" nature. (well, i guess you would accept jews and muslims as well....)

in other words, this is a group councelling session where all the christians can support each other in their... **i won't say it**

Hyper we as Christians need each other. Just as everyone needs friends. It is just nice to see eye to eye sometimes. Just as you yourself like to talk to people who feel the same way as you. Don't you just love me? tongue.gif

Hyper - if you choose to look at it that way, so be it. The title of the thread includes the term "A CHRISTIAN GROUP" for a reason.

You should really ask iac tracker though what he wants from the thread. It is HIS thread, after all.

Regards

How does the crucifixion of Jesus translate into a sacrifice for everyone's sins?  From what I recall, he neither wanted to be there nor did he know what he was dying for.

788771[/snapback]

Jesus gave all man redemption the day he died on the cross... Now why did he die to do that? Ok..

Sin has to be paid for... Someone has to pay the piper... Jesus did it for all of us, for every sin we have committed of will commit...

Second thing... When Jesus, our king and our salvation, died on the cross it was a symbol and sign to the world... Jesus said there was nothing more you could do to show someone you love them then to die for them... Jesus died for all of us...

Hope that helps...

Just my humble opinion...

LBD

Yes,

When my wife was about two months pregnant I had a dream. I was in a dark room but in front of me was a young girl sitting wit her back to me. She was naked and had long, light brown hair that came down to her middle back. I kind of floated up to her and just as I was directly behind her she turned around. I got a very good look at her face and especially her eyes. They were green and very pretty. I kissed he forehead and then I awoke from the dream.

I told my wife that I knew the baby she was carrying was going to be a girl and I specifically told her about her having green eyes and light brown hair. When she had the baby it was the girl in the dream, green eyes light brown hair. And now that she is 2yoa, she looks even more like the girl in the dream. Now this was all a good experience so I don't equate it with being from an evil entity. And I also don't believe it could happen if God did not allow it to happen.

But here is the tricky part. I am not Christian, I do not believe everything in the Bible is true, I lived a very lustful life (enjoyed sex, guilt free) and I don't belong to any religious organization of any kind. Yet I was given this vision of my child and given a lovely sweet healthy child that has brought an ol' sinner like me much love. God's love.

How does the crucifixion of Jesus translate into a sacrifice for everyone's sins? From what I recall, he neither wanted to be there nor did he know what he was dying for.

Correction, Jesus' sacrifice did not just let eveyone of the hook. Prior to Jesus' sacrfice making Him quite literally 'the Doorway to Heaven' ALL those who died prior (bar prophets, the 3rd level of Heaven, the human. Heaven, paradise must have been quite empty) went to hell or Sheol. When Jesus died He released them ALL from hell/Sheol from Adam up. It as THEIR sins He wiped away, but He also, for future generations opened the door of Heaven and gave the CHANCE to eneter Heaven for the first time ever.

Prior to this it went somthing like this. Judged for 12 months in Gehenna (hell), judged for 12 months in Baraschecath (the shadow of death), then there is the gates of death - Sha'arimath another judgement for 12 months, judged in Tiet Hiyon (mud mire) for 12 months, judged in Bar Shecheth (the grave pit) for 12 months. After 12 months again you are descend to Abbadon the lowest hell (Shahul Thechethieth) for 12 months until you see all righteousness. Then your descend to Earth and are reborn again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd share a little of what happened today at church.

We finished up our series of talks from the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7). The theme was "Hearing is not enough". The parable of the wise and foolish builders (I'm sure most people who have had even the most basic Biblical teaching will have heard this passage). so all the teachings which Jesus had given throughout the sermon on the mount (God provides; take drastic measures to get rid of lust; as followers of Christ we are to be distinctive/different/holy, just to name a few), those who DO NOT PUT IT INTO PRACTICE are like the foolish builder who builds house on sand. WHen the rains came the house is washed away. So it's not good enough to just listen to Jesus' words. It's not enough to understand Jesus' words. It's not even enough to believe Jesus' words. We must put them into practice.

I guess I was just reminded of how much commitment I should have towards God and his teachings, and an encouragement to follow Jesus' commands.

Regards, PA