Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US fights fresh Abu Ghraib images

morpheas

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morpheas

• __Kratos__

• Pannkakskungen

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

if they dont want to help recruit more terrorists the US soldiers and the rest should quit with this sort of behaviour. i know many of the members on this forum condone torture but sexual abuse is dispicable and imo there is absolutely no justification. we have a right to see what exactly we are paying for in this war angry.gif

788849[/snapback]

Yeah... you should see what the terrorists are doing to us and allies though. We don't give them A/C down there and they cry. rolleyes.gif I watched an attack from a terrorist group in Iraq yesterday... they blew up a tanker with an IED in a civillian town. Real nice guys... I bet Allah is proud of them. thumbsup.gif

I'm for freedom of press and stuff but I see where they are coming from. Terrorists would just print copies of those photos and smear it as all infidels are doing this. Why should we give them the weapons to use against us? Makes really no sense. This is a war, not your local tea party picture not being released!

so if you were in the same position as these soldiers, you would sexually abuse the prisoners?

788997[/snapback]

This is going to sound horrible but hell...

They have info that I need to protect my guys out there... you got to do what you got to do. Though... I probably wouldn't do it myself cause I am homophobic in the sense of actually doing it. *twitches*

Now if this is just random "o, tickle me elmo" kind of crap... then thats wrong and should be stopped. thumbsup.gif

Those guys are in there for a reason. They are trying to kill us and we are trying to prevent that. If they hadn't joined a TERRORIST group they would be fine. This is indeed a war on terrorism. You seem to want to protect them more then you would the innocent people. Kind of makes me wonder what kind of person you are... hmm.gif

. You seem to want to protect them more then you would the innocent people. Kind of makes me wonder what kind of person you are... 

laugh.gif i could say the same about you!

while i understand they want to lop off heads and blow up innocents, i dont want to play dirty and that is how i feel we are playing, we dont need to join them but we are basically, where is the justification in sexual abuse? i see none, what does it achieve other than scores of angry people. i find sexual abuse absolutely vulgar and want to make it clear that these soldiers dont represent me in anyway, if you wish to twist my comments and feelings to try and understand why i feel so strongly, then so be it, i wont be made to feel guilty for fully not supporting sexual abuse of any type on anybody. thats just my personality and opinion though.

789021[/snapback]

All through the beholder's eyes. original.gif

We are prepared to get dirty... and are playing dirty. We need to fight fire with fire. There is no reasoning with these guys. You're welcome to believe that the world is a nice, logical, rational, safe place... You'll be wrong, but that hasn't stopped anyone else who thinks the same way. thumbsup.gif

You're welcome to believe that the world is a nice, logical, rational, safe place... You'll be wrong, but that hasn't stopped anyone else who thinks the same way. 

a'good' line always works best the first time you use it, after a while of overuse it becomes a broken record hmm.gif

and btw i feel we could have punished them without committing such vulgar acts and thus aiding in the recruitment of more terrorists. 'we' have done ourselves absolutely no favours in endorsing sexual abuse. your welcome to believe we have, but....you'll be wrong.

edit:spelling

789059[/snapback]

A good line will seem to always work though. laugh.gif Plus, I don't think I have used it discussing with you before... tongue.gif

Any reports of how much intel we have extracted from these terrorists though? When they were using women and music it seemed to be working. O no! Not women integrating me! That is torturing me! That is against my religion cause I am stuck in the 1600's and I feel men are above women! In my home country we do horrid things to them all! But once it is done to me.... "I want my mommy! Allah will have his revenge! crying.gif " They want to kill us.... they hold no country... rogue beings just wanting to promote violence on the world. They want to be treated nicely... perhaps they never heard of the "golden rule"?

Not women integrating me!

i think you mean 'interrogating' laugh.gif . i think we will have to leave our discussion here kratos, at least for the time being as we seem to differ on many aspects of this war, the only thing i think we do agree on is that the terrorists need to be punished and im not here for a full heated debate, il just say one thing though, it doesnt matter what you say, how effect sexual abuse is, i dont support it and am deeply ashamed, i also wanted and have pointed out that these soldiers do NOT represent my wishes in the slightest.

789091[/snapback]

You mean... I'm not perfect? *feels world crashing down* laugh.gif Just kidding... grin2.gif

Yeah, thats a good idea to stop it here. We both know our stances on this issue now. original.gif

we have a right to see what exactly we are paying for in this war

Get a grip Babe! tongue.gif What we are paying for are dead terrorists....and we have killed a hellofalotmore of them than they have of us.

OOOOOOooooooooooooohhhhh!!! Wahh! Wahhhh! "Bad soldier put panties on my head" .............Uh...Sadaam would have cut your friggin' tongue out............

so if you were in the same position as these soldiers, you would sexually abuse the prisoners?

you should check out the stanford prison experiment, it looks like just about any of us would have done similar in such a situation, kinda scary

we have a right to see what exactly we are paying for in this war

Get a grip Babe! tongue.gif What we are paying for are dead terrorists....and we have killed a hellofalotmore of them than they have of us.

OOOOOOooooooooooooohhhhh!!! Wahh! Wahhhh! "Bad soldier put panties on my head" .............Uh...Sadaam would have cut your friggin' tongue out............

789155[/snapback]

Why the sexist remark, no need for such things here.

Yes, you have killed more terrorists than they have killed soldiers from the US/UK or other countries involved, but that is not really the point, you cant beat terrorism by killing people, it just doesn't work that way. To beat terrorism you have to fundamentally change the way people think, behave and live their lives, abusing prisoners and killing people doesn't do that. Doing such things will only help them as they are claiming that allied troops are doing just that, politicians and high officer deny such allegations in the media, but then something like this surfaces, not that first time either, and the bad guys are proven right.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support going into Iraq and removing Saddam and his goons from power, but it is the way it has been done that bothers me, invading with a bare minimum of troops and then expecting that those few troops will be able to control the country afterwards and subdue any groups hostile to the new regime. Rumsfeld was wrong, he just isn't man enough to admit that, he should have let the people who are trained to make plans for war make the plan for invading Iraq and listened to those who said that more troops were needed. Cause they were right, we see the effects of that every day at the news.

I can only add this, if I felt that a prisoner had information that would be of benefit to our troops. I would stop at nothing to obtain that information up to and including torture. (He has 9 other fingers) Now if I can obtain this information without causing injury then it is better. So if a little humiliation is what it takes to get the needed intelligence then so be it.

Now as far as the publishing of the pictures goes, I don't believe it is of any value to anyone, with the exception of the terrorists, to publish these pictures. It is like publishing JFK's autopsy photographs, legal yes but what value does publishing them have.

Edited by twpdyp

I don't care about the photos. The only thing I'd like to know is what life-saving,war-ending,terrorist-neutralizing information they actually got out of this action.

Edited by Snake_6024

We have a right to see the photos as we here in the west claim that we are morally superior to terrorists, which we usually are, but we need to know what things are being done in our names, in the name of our moral superiority.

Making a fuss over running around naked, having panties in my face, etc...is so gay. Its like some of y'all Americans want better treatment for foreign POWs, when the main problem is down the street, in your town, in your state, etc...who care about those POWs that would have shot at your brother, husband, cousin, etc...

They shot at you, tried to suicide bomb you, his buddies have plans to kill your @$$ and yet you are screaming about these photos???

Ok, go over to the battlelines and see how you are treated if you get caught by them! you'll have 2 photos taken....one of your twitching corpse, and one of your head! Try screaming for media coverage as a saw is grinding against your spine, and start shouting, "I will go public with this video! What about my rights!" Pathetic to think that someone would harp over what is going on in the POW camps in Cuba when if you were their POW you'd be treated way different.

Its so strange how people harp on the treatment of prisioners...they are POW...the W means WAR. If you shot a my side, I'm going to do to you what I want, within reason, and make your life hard as can be. Thats why American jailbirds get three meals a day, libraries, heat in the winter, and AC in the summer, free dental, health care, and medication. Why? Becasue some people care about the "rights" of prisioners. Yeah, they should have right, but c;mon y'all, they have almost more rights than I do!!!