Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush says force last resort in Iran

iaapac

Come on, Iran, build a bomb is essentially different from "bring 'em on?" I have to agree with Morpheus, the consequences of nuclear war can never be justified and it's basically wrong to invite it in any form.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morpheas

• Dr_Strangelove

• Babs

• Pannkakskungen

I didn't believe it the first two times. HE IS GEORGE BUSH!!!

laugh.gifrofl.giflaugh.gif

I think you just misunderstood his posts. Try it again, I don't think he is what you think he is. If that makes any sense blink.gif

Come on Iran, build a bomb...

you really did not make my day let me get that straight first off, you say that like you want WW3 to happen, well having family in Iran especially, i really dont want a war and millions of innocents to be killed, this is where we fundamentally differ hmm.gif

790333[/snapback]

You're talking with a proud member of the United States military-industrial establishment. I've been doing my part for years to be sure that if somebody uses a nuclear weapon against our country we annilate them. Just keep that in mind if Iran decides to build a bomb.

well if your not george bush, you must be.......Dr Evil, thats the only way i can understand someone being so happy about a nuclear war which would kill millions of innocents and seriously injure and affect millions more. wacko.gif

edit: spelling

790370[/snapback]

It was this sort of thinking that crushed the Nazis and the Imperial Japanese. Study the history of strategic bombing, maybe that fellow 'butcher' Harris or America's Curtis LeMay.

Just tell Iran to not make a bomb.

First of all, there is no concrete evidence that Iran has a nuclear program for the purpose of making a bomb. That is BU_ _ SH_ _ and his propaganda machine again. Just like arms of mass destruction and Cheney actually saying, "We know where they are."

First of all, there is no concrete evidence that Iran has a nuclear program for the purpose of making a bomb.  That is BU_ _ SH_ _ and his propaganda machine again.  Just like arms of mass destruction and Cheney actually saying, "We know where they are."

790394[/snapback]

Okay, all you and I have to do is wait for a test blast. Its sort of a tradition with any nation that wants to have a nuclear weapon. If Iran tests a nuclear weapon then I will welcome them to the nuclear club with open arms.

I just ran a attack estimation for Teheran. One MIRV'd warhead about 300 kt yield, wide dispersal airburst. Remember, any nation that has nuclear weapons has people like me.

It is not difficult to remember the testing series of the Soviet Union and the bargaining that led to deproliferation of nuclear arms. That's exactly the point, there will need to be a test and it will be detected. Having the bomb and a method of delivering it are two different things. But what if there is no test and this lunatic Bush invades on the same quality intelligence he had about Iraq?

It is not difficult to remember the testing series of the Soviet Union and the bargaining that led to deproliferation of nuclear arms.  That's exactly the point, there will need to be a test and it will be detected.  Having the bomb and a method of delivering it are two different things.  But what if there is no test and this lunatic Bush invades on the same quality intelligence he had about Iraq?

790442[/snapback]

If you think Iran tests a nuclear weapon do you think Israel will sit back idly? They already have the ability to deliver the weapon Its just that my job gets interesting once they demonstrate they have a weapon and I really don't think Iran has any idea of what they are playing with.

If the lunatics in Iran test a weapon then they will have to consider people like me.

I think this is a case of too many James Bond movies.

You mean people that can't wait to nuke them for TESTING a weapon?

790463[/snapback]

Boys and Girls, I'll let you all think what you want. That is your right. I just know that Iran should seriously think about what they are doing. If they get a nuclear weapon it might not be the best decision they've made.

I'll welcome them to the nuclear club in my own way...

Boys and Girls, I'll let you all think what you want. That is your right. I just know that Iran should seriously think about what they are doing. If they get a nuclear weapon it might not be the best decision they've made.

It never came to your mind that the same goes for USA, right? Russia,China and India have shown an interest in Iran and I highly doubt they'll appreciate the eradication of one of their oil scources, among other things.

The way I (and loads of others) see it, the US has done more harm and raged more wars, taken more lives away then other country in the planet.

Name one war the United States of America has started.

It never came to your mind that the same goes for USA, right? Russia,China and India have shown an interest in Iran and I highly doubt they'll appreciate the eradication of one of their oil scources, among other things.

790502[/snapback]

Trust me, I think about it all the time. Actually you make a good point. We would have to use neutron weapons. Kill the people, save the oil. Sure, I have to think about China and Russia everyday; they know how the nuclear game is played.

Name one war the United States of America has started

Mexican-American war. We said the border with Texas was the Nueces river. America said it was the Rio Granda. America and Mexico still disputed the border, and American troops where at the Nueces, Mexican troops where on the Rio Granda.

But all of a sudden America wanted the north west. Offered Mexico 25 million for about 525'000 square miles of territory. Mexico refused.

Then America decided to invade Mexican territory. They crossed the Nueces and advanced to the Rio. Well we defended ourselves leading to America declaring war.

That leading to the defeat of Mexico and America TAKING the north west from Mexico.

Tell me America never attacked anyone. I do believe you forgot about Manifest Destiny.

I think you are all missing a basic fundamental point here. Iran in and of itself having nuclear weapons is not the issue. We are not afraid Iran is going to nuke Israel for instance. Mutually assured destruction still carries the day in the nuclear club.

The problem is the terrorist. Iran has close ties with Al Queda and if they become a member of the Nuclear Club....the real fear is that some of those weapons would find there way into the Terrorist Club...which if you will remember is what the war in Iraq is really all about.

I think you are all missing a basic fundamental point here.  Iran in and of itself having nuclear weapons is not the issue.  We are not afraid Iran is going to nuke Israel for instance.  Mutually assured destruction still carries the day in the nuclear club.

The problem is the terrorist.  Iran has close ties with Al Queda and if they become a member of the Nuclear Club....the real fear is that some of those weapons would find there way into the Terrorist Club...which if you will remember is what the war in Iraq is really all about.

790551[/snapback]

Good point and that is the fear.

Then America decided to invade Mexican territory. They crossed the Nueces and advanced to the Rio. Well we defended ourselves leading to America declaring war.

Well, that may be the Mexican version of events....but The United States didn't start the war...Mexico started the war when it attacked US cavalry along the Rio Grande. The border was in dispute and had been for a long time before The US annexed The Republic of Texas. But it was the Mexican military that started the war.

What Iran should do if they in fact are not using the plant for weapons research is to open them up to the UN. And not be like Iraq and seem all suspicious by not letting them in certain places.

Though i personally think that the IAEA should have full control of all nuclear power plants in every country. And that if any government tries to take control of a nuclear power plant. Whether it be America, Iran, UK, Mexico, ect..... The plant should be shut down. by force in Necessary.

Well, that may be the Mexican version of events....but The United States didn't start the war...Mexico started the war when it attacked US cavalry along the Rio Grande. The border was in dispute and had been for a long time before The US annexed The Republic of Texas. But it was the Mexican military that started the war.

Well if Mexican tanks rushed into Arizona right now wouldn't America attack them? The fact is America invaded Mexico and Mexico defended itself. America invaded Mexico no different then Germany invading Poland.

Edited by Deception

Couldn't the USA airforce just fly in, launch a tactical nuke or some kind of heavy duty bomb aimed at the plant, and that be that?

Or is an Iraqi-ish invasion what Bush is talking about?

Couldn't the USA airforce just fly in, launch a tactical nuke or some kind of heavy duty bomb aimed at the plant, and that be that?

Or is an Iraqi-ish invasion what Bush is talking about?

790594[/snapback]

I don't think it will be an invasion. There are some nice 13,000 foot runways in Iraq for us to take advantage of. the Iranian facilities are dispersed and fortified; their would be a number of tactical air options.

America invaded Mexico no different then Germany invading Poland.

Wrong. As previously stated, the border dispute was ongoing long before Texas became a part of the United States. There was no 'border dispute' between Poland and Germany. Hitler invaded Poland. Period. And occupied the whole country.