Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush says force last resort in Iran

iaapac

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morpheas

• Dr_Strangelove

• Babs

• Pannkakskungen

we have the capability

out of interest , this is a serious question and you can ask me to mind my own business, were u born in Iran or the UK?

i wasnt wanting to offend you , its just you described the Iranians as 'we'.

of course you are of iranian descent, similarly i have irish descent , but i wouldnt describe the irish as we, do u consider yourelf british or iranian and if so are you british first and foremost.

this is a serious question , no digs no attacks im just curious.

Umm actually no it's not.  They have the capability.  Do some research?

803383[/snapback]

You need to do some research here yourself, what are your sources for that claim?

Nah please try and use a bit of common sense when quoting me.  If you can find one place where I said "they cannot be trusted at all times" and I will perosnally PayPal you £100.  Please stop making things up, it never helps an argument.

What I said was, no intelligence network in the world was flawless, perfect, and immune to corruption.  How you took that as "They are fully corrupt and never to be trusted" I shall never know.  They are human and run by humans, therefore subject to the same failings and the same greatness as everyone else.  thumbsup.gif

802827[/snapback]

Figure of speech matey, you are saying that the intelligence community is not flawless, perfect or immune from corruption, which means they cant be trusted at all times. This means that we can trust them some of the time, and not trust them at other times, the difficulty lies in when to know to trust them.

Yes, they are humans, but their job is to minimise errors in their assessments.

But I still would like to know why you think we should trust them in the case of Iran, when you yourself have clearly stated that they are not immune from corruption, they aren't flawless nor perfect, so what makes the intel on Iran so "good"?

but to answer your last question, i suppose i consider myself brit first, but that doesnt mean id like to choose where my loyalties lie, many halfcastes dont have to and i hope i wont

never liked that expression , thing is mixed race or not your still born and bred in britain , how is it even an issue about loyalty, surely if (and i hope it never is) your loyalty is to the nation which has provided you (like me ) with the life we lead?

They have the capability. Do some research?

They have the missiles and the bombs, but they also need to have the political, economic and military capability of using them against Iran, and that, they don't have. The short-sighted warmongers are learning the hard way that having military hardware is not sufficient to bully around the world. May the wise have their way. hmm.gif

They have the missiles and the bombs, but they also need to have the political, economic and military capability of using them against Iran, and that, they don't have. The short-sighted warmongers are learning the hard way that having military hardware is not sufficient to bully around the world. May the wise have their way. hmm.gif

803741[/snapback]

Zep...you are out of hand. You talk real nice, but you have this veiled threat behind your words. Get out!.... you are vunerable and your country is vunerable. You talk really nice, but I don't trust you... as I don't trust your Mullahs. The Mullahs are crazed war mongers, insane murderers. ph34r.gif

Do you really think we all will be taken in by your talk? Israel will probably nuke you if we don't, 'you'd better bunker down'. You are causing all kinds of trouble with your terror connections and creations and your double dealings.

Figure of speech matey, you are saying that the intelligence community is not flawless, perfect or immune from corruption, which means they cant be trusted at all times. This means that we can trust them some of the time, and not trust them at other times, the difficulty lies in when to know to trust them.

Yes, they are humans, but their job is to minimise errors in their assessments.

But I still would like to know why you think we should trust them in the case of Iran, when you yourself have clearly stated that they are not immune from corruption, they aren't flawless nor perfect, so what makes the intel on Iran so "good"?

803654[/snapback]

In that case please don't use figures of speech with misconstrue words. No organisation in the world is "immune" to corruption and misinformation... but that doesn't mean they should NEVER be trusted or relied on. That's just silly and unrealistic.

You need to do some research here yourself, what are your sources for that claim?

803648[/snapback]

The USA could have launched an attack on Iran in June 2005 should it have wished, it only takes a few short months to gather the necessary troops and resources... Politically it would not be a good idea obviously, but they have the military capability do do it... though it would stretch them sorely.

However in my opinion, if the USA really was set on a "war on terror" they would be targeting N. Korea instead. They are the ones scereaming "we have nukes"... they are the ones with a regime 100x worse than iran... yet what have they to offer if it wrere invaded? Rice fields... not economically tempting eh?

If the USA were really set on a "war against terror" they would have rushed to stop the sheer GENOCIDE in Africa where millions are displaced, raped and murdered on a daily basis... many of them children.

That's what really irritates me, they could have done 100x more good in other places than iraq, yet I don't think they do this because they get no "return" from it.

Bit of a farce really...

You are causing all kinds of trouble with your terror connections and creations and your double dealings.

zephyr is constantly being threatened with nukes, maybe not directly him but some of the people on this board, i dont see his reaction being half as agressive as certain members, and babs while i respect you for your charitable efforts (as you know) you have no right to make such unbased accusations. ive spoken to zephyr by PM and he really does not take a 'hardline' stance on any political issues, unlike certain politicians and mullahs. btw not all mullahs are hardliners, it is a misconception, one iranian mullah even had a sex change and ruled that gender changing is a human right, hear about that on fox did you?

. You talk real nice, but you have this veiled threat behind your words.

Israel will probably nuke you if we don't, 'you'd better bunker down'.
now that is a threat babs yes.gif

803786[/snapback]

Yeah, I got tired of him threatening. Very interesting what you have to say about zep; I hope he is a good guy.

Wait a minute...are you saying that they have a female Mullah, now??? cool.gif This is very strange grin2.gif as I don't think women have a very high status in Iran.

Edited by Babs

Actually I think that is WONDERFUL, morpheas! I love to hear that the women are getting out and doing things for themselves! original.gif

As for your aunt...who knows, I believe things like that CAN happen. yes.gif

thanks babs original.gif

i hope one day iran attracts more tourists so they can see how beautiful the country really is, the caspian sea is fascinating, its the largest lake in the world but looks like a sea, it has waves, caviar, its beautiful, but you wouldnt catch me paddling in the persian golf for anything, it has so many creatures, sea snakes, sharks, squid etc they come right up close to the shore line too, looks beautiful though.

804013[/snapback]

Someday you should try visiting South Dakota in the United States! The Black Hills are beautiful this time of year. The Badlands, Mount Rushmore and all those wonderful Minuteman silos! The Park Service even turned one of the launch sites into a National Park this last year!

803741[/snapback]

Zep...you are out of hand. You talk real nice, but you have this veiled threat behind your words. Get out!.... you are vunerable and your country is vunerable. You talk really nice, but I don't trust you... as I don't trust your Mullahs. The Mullahs are crazed war mongers, insane murderers. ph34r.gif

Do you really think we all will be taken in by your talk? Israel will probably nuke you if we don't, 'you'd better bunker down'. You are causing all kinds of trouble with your terror connections and creations and your double dealings.

803779[/snapback]

Hi Babs, long time no see! grin2.gif

I usually get out of hand past midnight, Babs, what you see here is just an effort to unfreeze some brains. grin2.gif

If you think I talk nice, wait till you hear me sing in the shower! grin2.gif

Veiled threat? Me? Then what would you call what you're doing all the time, throwing those nasty nukes at me. mad.gif

Of course I'm vulnerable and of course my country is as well, so what? You want to nuke me for that Babs? sleepy.gif

Well, to tell you the truth, I don't trust you either, not when you're blindly messing with those dangerous weapons. no.gif

I don't have any personal Mullahs, but I'll be more than glad to give them your message when I see them. cool.gif

Crazed warmongering Mullahs don't have the means to actually start a war, just like the crazed warmongers in Washington who have lost their means to go bullying around the world on their own, so sleep easy at night, that's what I do, not before midnight though! rolleyes.gif

No, I don't think you will be taken in with my talk because I don't think you know what I'm talking about. wacko.gif

Israel has much more urgent problems to handle than nuking me, if I were you I wouldn't hope too much for that, you would be deceived.

As for your cheap nonsense about my terror connections, not worthy of a reply, sorry! rofl.gif

The Park Service even turned one of the launch sites into a National Park this last year!

Ah... that's an excellent idea, they should do the same with all their launch sites, it's much cleaner and healthier. yes.gif

The Park Service even turned one of the launch sites into a National Park this last year!

Ah... that's an excellent idea, they should do the same with all their launch sites, it's much cleaner and healthier. yes.gif

804986[/snapback]

There are a lot of people who would like that. Maintaining nuclear weapons is actually rather expensive. This is something just about any nuclear power will admit too. There is only one such park though in the United States and several thousand more active launch sites.

I really don't know why most nations are so interested in nuclear power, either civilian or military. Just look at all the controversy they once had in the United States anytime somebody wanted to build a new nuclear power plant. People were all talking about Three Mile Island and Cheronobyl. You had movies like 'The China Syndrome' showing how evil nuclear power could be.

If we try to build a nuclear power plant in the United States its a horrible thing. We have so many people here advocating for other alternative means of raising power and I wonder why they don't do the same for Iran? Does Iran really need nuclear power to meet its civilian needs?

If Iran does build its nuclear power plants and it looks like they might be constructing a breeder reactor then they are moving themselves into potentially dangerous territory. Even if there is no direct military intervention Iran will be targetted. We have plenty of nuclear weapons to go around.

803741[/snapback]

803779[/snapback]

Hi Babs, long time no see! grin2.gif

I usually get out of hand past midnight, Babs, what you see here is just an effort to unfreeze some brains. grin2.gif

If you think I talk nice, wait till you hear me sing in the shower! grin2.gif

Veiled threat? Me? Then what would you call what you're doing all the time, throwing those nasty nukes at me. mad.gif

Of course I'm vulnerable and of course my country is as well, so what? You want to nuke me for that Babs? sleepy.gif

Well, to tell you the truth, I don't trust you either, not when you're blindly messing with those dangerous weapons. no.gif

I don't have any personal Mullahs, but I'll be more than glad to give them your message when I see them. cool.gif

Crazed warmongering Mullahs don't have the means to actually start a war, just like the crazed warmongers in Washington who have lost their means to go bullying around the world on their own, so sleep easy at night, that's what I do, not before midnight though! rolleyes.gif

No, I don't think you will be taken in with my talk because I don't think you know what I'm talking about. wacko.gif

Israel has much more urgent problems to handle than nuking me, if I were you I wouldn't hope too much for that, you would be deceived.

As for your cheap nonsense about my terror connections, not worthy of a reply, sorry! rofl.gif

804984[/snapback]

You silly! I don't mean your terror connections, I mean your country's terror connections and creations. Looks like you are the one who doesn't know what I am talking about. thumbsup.gif