Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
iaapac

Bush says force last resort in Iran

294 posts in this topic

Mekorig

coldwhitelight, take in count that te sources you cited also talk about Sadam having WMD that could hit USa soil in 40 minutes....ummmm

Joc, Like it or not, Iraq was a sovereign country. Asides if Sadam was o was not a Thug, what gives your goverment to determinate what is a sovereign country and what not? Maybe if the goverment of that country is simpatetic to yours? Please, tell me what kind of standards your goverment use?

joc
Joc, Like it or not, Iraq was a sovereign country. Asides if Sadam was o was not a Thug, what gives your goverment to determinate what is a sovereign country and what not? Maybe if the goverment of that country is simpatetic to yours? Please, tell me what kind of standards your goverment use?

Did you miss the entire UN precedings prior to the war? Btw, it is not my governments position that Iraq was not a sovereign country. That is my position. I don't speak for the government and they don't speak for me. wink2.gif

Mekorig

I remember the chekings, but i dont remember a "you get a permision to attack" card....

joc

I guess we really don't need permission now do we?

coldwhitelight
we took out a thug

America and it Allies did take out a thug in Saddam Hussein. But the invasion of Iraq was based on flawed intelligent and false pretension. The whole point of the Iraq war was revolved around Saddam Hussein possessing weapons of mass destruction and how Saddam could have used them for his evil purposes. And we now know after the Iraq war Saddam Hussein didn't have any W.M.D. The invasion of Iraq should have never happened. I don't want to ever see America get into another war under flawed intelligent again.

and have just shifted the war on terror from Afghanastan to Iraq.

I agree with you that part of the war terrorism is in Afghanistan. Afghanistan was home base to terrorist regime Al-Qaeda which took credit for the for the September 11, 2001 attacks on America. America had every right to go to war with Afghanistan. But Iraq should have not been part of the war on terror. Iraq was nothing more then a public nuisance.

coldwhitelight, take in count that te sources you cited also talk about Sadam having WMD that could hit USa soil in 40 minutes....ummmm

Where dose it mention in the sources anything about W.M.D?

Edited by coldwhitelight

coldwhitelight

Edit

Edited by coldwhitelight

joc
The whole point of the Iraq war was revolved around Saddam Hussein possessing weapons of mass destruction and how Saddam could have used them for his evil purposes. And we now know after the Iraq war Saddam Hussein didn't have any W.M.D.

Sadaam did have WMD...he used them on the Kurds..remember? He was also involved in various phases of acquiring nuclear weapons...have you forgotten when Israel took out his nuclear reactors...or do you believe he just wanted to help his people with their energy needs? The fact is thus: Sadaam no longer has the capablility to wage war on any one. That intelligence, unflawed, is priceless! And we are still at war with Al Queda. You pick a location...where do you want to fight Al Queda..Boston? Dallas? Pittsburgh? Bagdad?

But Iraq should have not been part of the war on terror. Iraq was nothing more then a public nuisance.

A Public Nuisance? Perhaps you have forgotten what a 'nuisance' Sadaam was to the people of Kuwait. Yes, what a nuisance to 'gas' thousands of innocent people.

Why is it so difficult for some of you to make the intellectual transition from Aghanastan to Iraq. Don't you realize that Iraq is worth fighting for? The insurgents seem to think it is!

coldwhitelight
Sadaam did have WMD...he used them on the Kurds..remember?  He was also involved in various phases of acquiring nuclear weapons...have you forgotten when Israel took out his nuclear reactors...or do you believe he just wanted to help his people with their energy needs?

The first half of you post is true. But that was true before the first Gulf War back in 1991. When Iraq was going to war with neighboring countries, attempting to make nuclear weapons, and had biological ones. After Iraq lost the first Gulf War coalition forces dismantled Saddam Hussein Military, destroyed his biological weapons, and took away his nuclear program.

And we are still at war with Al Queda.

I know we are still at war with Al Queda.

A Public Nuisance?  Perhaps you have forgotten what a 'nuisance' Sadaam was to the people of Kuwait.  Yes, what a nuisance to 'gas' thousands of innocent people.

Why is it so difficult for some of you to make the intellectual transition from Aghanastan to Iraq.  Don't you realize that Iraq is worth fighting for?  The insurgents seem to think it is!

He had capablility to wage war with these countries before the first Gulf War back in 1991. Since then the coalition forces destroyed much of Saddam Hussein Military. Because of this he was nothing more then a public nuisance.

Edited by coldwhitelight

joc
He had capablility to wage war with these countries before the first Gulf War back in 1991. Since then the coalition forces destroyed much of Saddam Hussein Military. Because of this he was nothing more then a public nuisance.

You seem to have a very selective memory. We didn't defeat Sadaam in the first Gulf War. We simply drove him out of Kuwait. Don't forget either the massive wealth that Sadaam had at his disposal due to the Oil for Food scam. Sadaam wasn't a nuisance...he was a meglomaniac conspiring to take over the worlds oil reserves.

And .........I would just like to clarify one point....there is absolutely no proof that Sadaam had nothing to do with 9/11. No proof that he did does not equal proof that he didn't.

Mute point...he's gone...the world doesn't have to wonder about WMDs anymore ....and we have the terrorists all in one place...not a bad scenaio actually.

coldwhitelight
You seem to have a very selective memory.  We didn't defeat Sadaam in the first Gulf War.  We simply drove him out of Kuwait.

joc: However you want to interpret it I don't care the fact is Iraq lost the first Gulf War.

Don't forget either the massive wealth that Sadaam had at his disposal due to the Oil for Food scam.  Sadaam wasn't a nuisance...he was a meglomaniac conspiring to take over the worlds oil reserves.

Yes it's true Saddam Hussein has alway conspired. But to bad most of his conspiring only worked out in his head.

And .........I would just like to clarify one point....there is absolutely no proof that Sadaam had nothing to do with 9/11.  No proof that he did does not equal proof that he didn't.

Your point is?

Mute point...he's gone...the world doesn't have to wonder about WMDs anymore ....

Saddam Hussein is gone and for the time being we don't have to wonder about W.M.D.

and we have the terrorists all in one place...not a bad scenaio actually.

joc: Don't be so naive. The terrorists are not in all one place as you would like to believe.

Edited by coldwhitelight

TheEssenceofExcellence
Bush: Force last resort on Iran

JERUSALEM (Reuters) -- U.S. President George W. Bush said on Israeli television he could consider using force as a last resort to press Iran to give up its nuclear program.

"All options are on the table," Bush, speaking at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, said in the interview broadcast on Saturday.

Asked if that included the use of force, Bush replied: "As I say, all options are on the table. The use of force is the last option for any president and you know, we've used force in the recent past to secure our country."

Iran angered the European Union and the United States by resuming uranium conversion at the Isfahan plant last Monday after rejecting an EU offer of political and economic incentives in return for giving up its nuclear program.

Tehran says it aims only to produce electricity and denies Western accusations it is seeking a nuclear bomb.

Bush made clear he still hoped for a diplomatic solution, noting that EU powers Britain, Germany and France had taken the lead in dealing with Iran.

Washington last week expressed a willingness to give negotiations on Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program more time before getting tougher with the country.

"In all these instances we want diplomacy to work and so we're working feverishly on the diplomatic route and we'll see if we're successful or not," Bush told state-owned Israel Channel One television.

Bush has also previously said that the United States has not ruled out the possibility of military strikes. But U.S. officials have played down media speculation earlier this year they were planning military action against Iran.

French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy said on Friday that negotiations were still possible with Iran on condition the Iranians suspend their nuclear activities.

The governing board of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) unanimously called on Iran on Thursday to halt sensitive atomic work.

Douste-Blazy said the next step would be on September 3 when IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei reports on Iran's activities.

If Iran continues to defy global demands, another IAEA meeting will likely be held, where both Europe and Washington will push for a referral to the U.N. Security Council for possible sanctions.

Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Find this article at:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/08...reut/index.html

789325[/snapback]

"There will be wars and rumors of wars...."

bathory

i know this may seem silly, but whats the big deal if Bush says force is the last resort?

isn't that like stating the obvious?

ROGER

I don't think it,s the U.S. or any other Countrys place to Dictate Policy of other peoples and Governments. Contrary to popular belief we are not the Planetary Police Force.

Now if the Leaders of Iran have any Ideas of making Weapons of their Nuclear research they must know that using they would mean their destruction. No mater how extreme a religious view they may have, I don't think Killing their whole Countrys Population would be part of "The One True Gods" will or Wishes.

Baku
i know this may seem silly, but whats the big deal if Bush says force is the last resort?

818966[/snapback]

Means war is coming and we are sharing opinion about it.

And Saddam used to have a nuclear program and biochemical weapons, which he used on Iran. But after the First golf war, the coalition took it away from him, like coldwhitelight said. So he didnt have the capibilities to become a threat anymore.

Also I dont know which US militairy department trained terrorist in Afgan, but they did train em. Bin Laden even thanked the US for training em in the midd 80's.

zephyr

818966[/snapback]

There's no big deal bathory, it just pushes Iran into a harder stance. Bush is a bad bluffer especially when we know that he won't have the means to start a war with Iran in his remaining time in office. If I were an American, I wouldn't be happy about him playing poker with my money! no.gif

bathory
And Saddam used to have a nuclear program and biochemical weapons, which he used on Iran. But after the First golf war, the coalition took it away from him, like coldwhitelight said. So he didnt have the capibilities to become a threat anymore.

shows how little you actually know regarding saddam lol

Babs
I'm so glad to see the level of discussion has not slowed down here! I've been on vacation for the last eleven days so I haven't been able to access the internet as much. I've had a great time at the United States Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB near Daytona. It warmed my heart to see the display about our nuclear arsenal and our ability to use it against aggressors.

I thought about all of you the whole time I was there...

grin2.gif

816805[/snapback]

grin2.giflaugh.gif You kill me.

Baku
shows how little you actually know regarding saddam lol

819021[/snapback]

Now your just embarrsing yourself

Dr_Strangelove
I'm so glad to see the level of discussion has not slowed down here! I've been on vacation for the last eleven days so I haven't been able to access the internet as much. I've had a great time at the United States Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB near Daytona. It warmed my heart to see the display about our nuclear arsenal and our ability to use it against aggressors.

I thought about all of you the whole time I was there...

grin2.gif

816805[/snapback]

In your nuclear life, do you ever think of anything else except exterminating people? You even spend your vacation enjoying the thought of using our nuclear arsenal against aggtressors . . . . and probably anyone else who comes along.

816909[/snapback]

Actually what I mainly think about at work is how EMP wave-forms can be degraded.

Hey, just visited the Fort Meade Cavalry Museum outside Sturgis South Dakota. I was able to get a lot of great pictures of one of the field guns that we used on

Pershings 1916 punitive expedition into Mexico!

The other thing I think about is how somebody tried to exterminate my family during the Second World War. That Holocaust thing to some people; to my people just outright murder. I like to think that the system I work within helps to prevent that from happening again.

817965[/snapback]

but don't you also support a nuclear system that is capable of killing just as many people as the holocaust? i see no difference in killing innocent people. i bet you were all for the bombings of nagasaki and hiroshima?

818072[/snapback]

Yup, I am. Some of relatives were marines. I'll just go back to making sure the command and control links for our nuclear arsenal are ready.

Got some beautiful pictures of a B-1 Lancer outside Ellsworth AFB. Maybe I should post them?