Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Rumsfeld, Wernher von Braun possible UFO co

topsecretresearch

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topsecretresearch

• isis-999

• scoobysnack

• Caustic

I think you are safe, Alot of that was taken out of text and wrote to sound like something it is not, Rumsfeld is one tough hard hitting man, and he would not say something like that in front of the press, It would be to dangerous to his career!

Don't spam the forum by posting identical articles in different categories. I'll move this one to the conspiracy section as it contains a reply and remove the other.

Every bit of information on that page is correct. Is this the quote we are discussing?

Remarks by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld at the Seventh Annual Space and Missile Defense Conference. Wednesday, August 18, 2004.

http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/200...secdef1201.html

"It's hard for me to believe, but I think it's true that my first visit here was a very long time ago, in the early 1960s, when I was a congressman and serving on the House Committee on Science and Astronautics, and came here with Wernher von Braun."

It's amazing to me how much Americans think they know what's going on in the government. Isis, for example thinks the quote isn't even real, even though, the context is linked directly to a military website. That's what I'm talking about believing one thing even if the facts suggest otherwise. Her personal perception of reality, is not even close to true reality. But then again, compared to everyone in America, she is normal while I am not disgust.gif

I've posted some info about this subject before:

Former Nazi rocket scientist Dr. Werner Von Braun, was brought to America after World War II under what was known as “Operation Paper Clip”. "Paper Clip", under President Truman, imported many of Germany’s top Nazi experts in science and intelligence into the United States government agencies. Von Braun, from 1950 - 1970 directed the technical development of the U.S. Army's ballistic missile program at Redstone Arsenal and was Director of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center.

In his later years, while dying slowly of cancer, he hired Carol Rosin in 1974 to be his spokesperson until he died in 1977. Among many very surprising things, he revealed to her the method the military-industrial complex was going to use to weaponize space, and maintain full American supremacy. They were going to invent enemies, present them through the media to the public, to keep the U.S. and world in a perpetual war, in order to justify huge military research and development budgets and projects. This is the list of enemies the Elite rich men would use to make the United States face gradually and then all at one time. The last two, would be the one-two punch to weaponize space, guaranteeing American supremacy:

1. Russia/Soviet Union was the first enemy.

2. Then there would be Third World country threats of rogue terrorists like Bin Laden. Nations of concern, terrorist nations, or the Axis of evil.

3. The next would be the threat of asteroid impacts.

4. The last card they would play, would be enemies from outer space - UFOs and extraterrestrials. The last threat would make everyone forget their differences unite the people of the world under a common threat from above.

Dr. Von Braun claimed all of it was a lie, and in others words, manufactured and totally false. This list was first told to Carol Rosin in the late 1970’s.

For more info here is one interview among many:

http://www.nancyredstar.com/wmd/Anti_Satellite.htm

This is why I wanted people to watch the video of the disclosure project where people in the military and government including Carol Rosin talked about this false threat. This is also the reason why we have movies like War of the worlds with aliens attacking us. It is pure propaganda used to condition us for this future enemy.

I highly suggest you watch the press conference of the Disclosure project. It's not supposed to be known by the masses. Everything discussed is still classified, which is why while the news agencies are all aware of it, it is illegal to pass that info onto the public.

In front of the national press club on May 9th, 2001, government/military people, willing to testify under oath before congress, revealed their involvement in deep black classified projects involving UFOs and aliens. The entire video is two hours long, but the information presented will literally blow your mind! I promise, you will no longer be skeptical after you learn what is still a classified national/world secret! Here's the link, you know what to do:

http://www.netro.ca/disclosure/npccmenu.htm

You can stream it off the site, or download it.

The above link is from the home Page of the Disclosure Project: http://www.disclosureproject.org/

Here is a brief discription of what the Disclosure Project is about:

The Disclosure Project- is a nonprofit research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems. We have over 400 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses testifying to their direct, personal, first hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the cover-up that keeps this information secret.

The recorded testimony of scores of military, government and other witnesses to Unidentified Flying Objects and Extraterrestrial events and projects from around the world establishes the existence of a UFO/Extraterrestrial presence on and around Earth. This recorded testimony consists of dozens of first-hand, often top-secret witnesses to UFO and Extraterrestrial events, internal UFO-related government projects and covert activities, space-based weapons programs, Extraterrestrial Intelligence, and covert, reverse-engineered energy and propulsion system projects. The technologies that are of an Extraterrestrial origin, when publicly released within a planned transition period, will provide solutions to global environmental and security challenges.

These numerous recorded witnesses constitute only a small portion of a vast pool of identified present or former military, intelligence, corporate, aviator, flight control, law enforcement officers, scientists and other witnesses, who will come forward when subpoenaed to testify at Congressional hearings. Without a grant of immunity releasing them from their security oaths, many such unimpeachable witnesses fear to speak out.

Interest you? Watch the press conference that has never been made widley available to the public. Here it is please watch it.

http://www.netro.ca/disclosure/npccmenu.htm

Edited by scoobysnack

SS, think about this with a open mind, Your talking about one powerful man! Do you really think he is going to say something so dumb as that. I know where this came from and i know the media likes to to use half quotes to work a topic into something other's would want to read, How many times have you seem people call them on this on live t.v. and they recant on the air. I just don't see any reason Rumsfeld would risk his career on something like this.

laugh.gif

What is so bad about this quote, that makes you think he would never say such a thing because it could ruin his career. Wernher von Braun and project paper clip are not exactly a secret. I don't understand why you think Rumsfeld wouldn't say this:

Remarks by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld at the Seventh Annual Space and Missile Defense Conference. Wednesday, August 18, 2004.

http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/200...secdef1201.html

"It's hard for me to believe, but I think it's true that my first visit here was a very long time ago, in the early 1960s, when I was a congressman and serving on the House Committee on Science and Astronautics, and came here with Wernher von Braun."

SS it's not the one quote, it's the whole article,* Loss lips sink ships*, thinking he would not just go on and on the way this reads, Think about when he talked of iraq, you watched every word he said, and always does. It's not like him to talk so open like this. thumbsup.gif

Roosevelt had Putzi Von Huffnagel in the park sheridan after liberating him from germany. Putzi was a charter member of the Nazis. He was one of those responsible for the night of the long knives. But Roosevelt decided he neede the intel more so he got a pass for all the stuff he did. They also let Ghelen off the hook and he was the guy who made uo the lists for the jews that were to be deported to camps but he also had files upon files of intel on the russians so he got a pass too.

All the Donald Rumsfeld quotes on that page are in fact him.

Donald Rumsfeld mentions Wernher von Braun at the Seventh Annual Space and Missile Defense Conference. That's a D.O.D. web site.

He also served on the House Committee on Science and Astronautics back in the 1960s.

"What is so bad about this quote,"

Nothing, it just proves Donald Rumsfeld knew Wernher von Braun and his current policy reflects what Wernher von Braun warned Dr. Carol Rosin about.

Let's take a look at what else these former Nazi scientist knew:

Here's another statement by pioneering German rocket scientist Hermann Oberth. According to Frank Edwards ["Flying Saucers: Serious Business" and "Flying Saucers: Here and Now"], the West German government hired Oberth to head a commission for the study of UFOs following World War II. (This was probably in 1953 or 1954 after he returned to Germany, having worked with the Italian Navy on anti- aircraft missiles from 1950-1953). In 1954, he and his colleagues held a press conference and summarized their findings. Oberth stated:

"[uFOs] are conceived and directed by intelligent beings of a very high order, and they are propelled by distorting the gravitational field, converting gravity into useable energy.

There is no doubt in my mind that these objects are interplanetary craft of some sort. I and my colleagues are confident that they do not originate in our solar system, but we feel that they may use Mars or some other body as a sort of way station."

Edited by topsecretresearch

Or maybe even the moon? Yeah its funny how people don't know about what guys like this and eisenhower said on the subject. Its a matter of historical record. But most people just want to stick their head in the sand anyway.

Yes, you are correct, Wernher von Braun came to the US with his mentor Hermann Oberth. under Project Paperclip.

Now what does Wernher von Braun describe about what he witnessed at Roswell?

And by the way, not only does Donald Rumsfeld admit to knowing Wernher von Braun when he was a member of the Committee on Science and Astronautics but what else did he do at the Committee on Science and Astronautics?

A Symposium On Unidentified Flying Objects. July 29, 1968.

Clark C. McClelland, former ScO, Space Shuttle Fleet, Kennedy Space Center, Florida (1958-1992):

Did the Roswell Incident in fact happen, was an alien craft recovered along with alien bodies? Did you have a chance to go to the crash site?"

Dr von Braun was a cigarette smoker and he lit one up. He thought for a second, then proceeded to talk freely about his inspection of the crashed craft.

Dr. von Braun explained how he and his (unnamed, for now) associates had been taken to the crash site after most of the military were pulled back. They did a quick analysis of what they found. He told me the craft did not appear to be made of metal as we know metal on earth. He said it seemed to be created from something biological, like skin. I was lost as to what he indicated, other than thinking perhaps the craft was "alive." The recovered bodies were temporarily being kept in a nearby medical tent. They were small, very frail and had large heads. Their eyes were large. Their skin was grayish and reptilian in texture. He said it looked similar to the skin texture of rattle snakes he'd seen several times at White Sands. His inspection of the debris had even him puzzled: very thin, aluminum colored, like silvery chewing gum wrappers. Very light and extremely strong. The interior of the craft was nearly bare of equipment, as if the creatures and craft were part of a single unit.

Or maybe even the moon?  Yeah its funny how people don't know about what guys like this and eisenhower said on the subject.  Its a matter of historical record.  But most people just want to stick their head in the sand anyway.

797224[/snapback]

Do you know what's on the dark side of the moon?

Or if NASA is telling you the truth?

"Well, Slim, (McClelland's knick name by Astronaut friends), I was flying a P-51 Mustang at about 12,000 feet over Minneapolis in 1951. I thought it was a simple kite. As I flew closer to it I looked at it and thought it was a weather balloon. But as I got behind it I could tell it wasn't a balloon. It looked like a disc."

— NASA astronaut, Donald "Deke" Slayton.

"Mission Control, please be informed, there is a Santa Claus."

— NASA astronaut, James Lovell (of Apollo 13 fame), flying with Frank Borman and William Anders, emerging from the dark side of the moon during their historic first circumlunar mission, Apollo-8, in December, 1968. "Santa Claus" was the mission code used if sighting a strange object such as a UFO.

"While flying with several other USAF pilots over Germany in 1957, we sighted numerous radiant flying discs above us. We couldn't tell how high they were. We couldn't get anywhere near their altitude."

"While working with a camera crew supervising flight testing of advanced aircraft at Edward's Air Force Base, California, the camera crew filmed the landing of a strange disc object that flew in over their heads and landed on a dry lake nearby. A camera crewman approached the saucer, it rose up above the area and flew off at a speed faster than any known aircraft."

— NASA astronaut, L. Gordon Cooper.

"I've talked with people of military and government credentials and position and heard their stories, and their desire to tell their stories openly to the public. And that got my attention very, very rapidly...the first hand experiences of these credible witnesses that, now in advanced years are anxious to tell their story. We can't deny that, and the evidence points to the fact that Roswell was a real incident, and that indeed an alien craft did crash, and that material was recovered from that crash site..."

— Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Mission veteran.

"We cannot take credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone. We have been helped." When asked by whom, he replied, "the peoples of other worlds." --Hermann Oberth from Collyns, Robin, 'Did Spacemen Colonise the Earth? p. 236, Pelham Books, London 1974.

"We find ourselves faced by powers, which are far stronger than we had hitherto assumed, and whose base is at present unknown to us. More I cannot say at present. We are now engaged in entering into closer contact with those powers, and in six or nine months it may be possible to speak with some precision on the matter." -- Wernher von Braun from 'News Europa' Jan 1959.

user posted image

Donald Rumsfeld was a counselor to President Nixon. In 1968 he sat on the House of Representatives Committee on Science and Astronautics Symposium on UFOs. Now as Secretary of Defense under President Bush he has promoted a new generation of Star Wars. Rumsfeld (right) is seen in 1975 with Dick Cheney. As aides to the President Gerald Ford they advised him to veto the new Freedom of Information Act, which came about as a result of the Watergate scandal.

Rumsfeld was J. Allen Hynek's congressman prior to his entering the Nixon White House. He introduced J. Allen Hynek at the 1968 Symposium on UFOs. When Rumsfeld became Secretary of Defense under President Ford, Hynek approached Rumsfeld and said that he spent many years working as a consultant to the UFO Project Blue Book. He said after all those years he had a right to know the whole UFO story. Rumsfeld rose from his chair pointed at Hynek and stated "You have no right to know." He then sat down

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Bud Hopkins:

Allen Hynek had told me a very interesting thing many years ago and he said he simply didn’t know what to make of this particular remark. He found it both intriguing that he could consider it a blowhard kind of remark.

At any rate he somehow had gotten to know Donald Rumsfeld, and I know at one time was a congressman. I don’t know if he was Allen Hynek’s congressman. I’m not sure but Allen said that at some point when Rumsfeld was Secretary of Defense under Gerald Ford so this would be in the seventies. He went to Washington. Allen was on a visit, and he got an appointment with Rumsfeld. He had been for many many years a consultant for the Air Force on UFOs phenomena. He actually knew Rumsfeld. He said that they chatted about this and that in Rumsfeld’s office and then he said. "I turned to him and I said, Don I have to ask you something. I have been in this for years looking at the UFO phenomena. I feel like at this point in my life I am in a position of "need to know" what you know or what some agency might know that I don’t know. I have a ‘need to know’ I feel."

He said that Rumsfeld stood up and pointed a finger at him and said, "You have no ‘need to know’ and then sat down again. That was the end of it.

I have always been suspicious of the millions of dollars spent by the government to prove UFO's don't exist. If they don't exist say so and move on.

Spacelift Washington: National Security Space Needs May Drive Bush Space Policy - A Special White Paper Background Report

Rumsfeld's report blasted the Clinton administration's management of military space issues. "The current interagency process is inadequate to address the number, range, and complexity of today's space issues", the report says.

Rumsfeld the key?

Rumsfeld brings his strong views on defense-related space issues to the Pentagon formed over years of previous service. But his views on the role and importance of the civil space program might also be worth reviewing in the days and months ahead. In the spring of 1963 congressional critics of Project Apollo made what would turn out to be their last major attempt to either kill or redirect the moon landing. In an attachment to a report by the House Committee on Science and Astronautics (H.R. 7500, House Report 591), six dissenting Republicans proposed that military space needs-not the lunar landing goal- be at the center of the U.S. space program. While they said they supported Apollo "because there exists no other comparable program to develop space technologies at this time", they categorized the Apollo mission as mainly one of "largely prestige" without lasting significance to the U.S. space program. Wrote one of the dissenters: "This country should direct itself toward (military development of) inner space* (*defined as 500 miles up and lower) and not place our top priority in the direction of the Moon." The name of that dissenter 38 years ago? A Congressman from Illinois named Donald H. Rumsfeld.

Von Braun, Wernher, 1912-1977

1937-1945 Technical director, German Rocket Research Center, Peenemünde, Germany Responsible for V-2 Long-range Rocket and A.A. Guided Missile Wasserfall

1943-1945 Research professor, Peenemünde, Germany 1945 Captured by U.S. Army and taken to United States

1945-1950 Technical adviser at White Sands Missile Range, N. Mex. Project director, Research and Development Service, U.S. Army Ordnance Corps, Fort Bliss, Tex.

1947 Married Maria Von Quistorp

1950-1956 Chief, Guided Missile Development Division, Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, Ala.

1953 Published The Mars Project (Urbana: University of Illinois Press. 91 pp.), translated by Henry J. White Published Man on the Moon (London: Sidgwick and Jackson. 134 pp.), with Fred L. Whipple and Willy Ley. Also published as Conquest of the Moon (New York: Viking Press. 126 pp.)

1955 Naturalized as American citizen

1956 Published The Exploration of Mars (New York: Viking Press. 176 pp.), with Willy Ley

1956-1960 Director, Development Operations Division, Army Ballistic Missile Agency, Huntsville, Ala.

1957 Received Distinguished Civilian Service Award, Department of Defense

1958 Received Dr. Robert Goddard Memorial Trophy

1960 Published First Men to the Moon (New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston. 96 pp.)

1960-1970 Director, George C. Marshall Space Flight Center, National Aeronautic and Space Administration, Huntsville, Ala.

1967 Published History of Rocketry & Space Travel (New York: Crowell. 244 pp.), with Frederick I. Ordway III Published Space Frontier (New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston. 216 pp.)

1970-1972 Deputy Associate Administrator for Planning, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Washington, D.C.

1972 Vice president, Engineering and Development, Fairchild Industries, Germantown, Md.

1975 Founded National Space Institute

1977, June 16 Died, Alexandria, Va.

• 2 weeks later...

"It is my thesis that flying saucers are real and

that they are space ships from another solar system.

I think that they possibly are manned by intelligent

observers who are members of a race that may have

been investigating our earth for centuries."

Professor Herman Oberth, German rocket expert

considered one of the three fathers of the space age.

In 1955, Dr. Werner von Braun invited him to the U.S.

where he worked on rockets with the Army Ballistic

Missile Agency and later NASA.

From The American Weekly, October 24, 1954.

Source: http://smirkingchimp.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9123&forum=7

topsecretresearch,

Great job posting this interesting information! I've been around, and rarely see anything I haven't already seen anymore, but a lot of what you are posting is new to me. So thanks for your input, and keep it coming.

"In the counsels of Government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the Military Industrial Complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."

-- President Eisenhower's farewell address to the nation, January 1961

Having worked for government (and thus, politicians) for many years, it has been my observation that, for the most part, politicians don't do very much at all to prepare for anything, until disaster is upon them. Even then, sometimes they do nothing. I know that the vast majority of the generals, admirals etc. in the US military had no confidence that the atomic bomb would even work at all, prior to the first tests, and even then weren't sure at all that they would work when dropped from an airplane. I know that when I was working one basement underground at SAC HQ, Offut AFB in Oct. 1957, that the vast majority of upper level officers there were flabbergasted when Sputnik I went into orbit . . . they didn't think it was even possible to do such a thing. Another characteristic of politicians is that if there is anything they do worry about it is public panic, and that they will do about anything, lie, cheat and steal, to prevent it from happening. I also know that politicians aren't particularly bright people by and large, and quite frequently know almost nothing about technology, or much about anything else, save how to be elected. I also know that the last people I would ever trust to keep anything secret are politicians . . . they just don't know how to keep their mouths shut about anything. If you want the world to know something secret, tell it to a typical politician with the strictest reasons why it should be kept in confidence . . . it will be on the evening news that very day (well, if they are sober enough to get hold of a reporter, that is). That is one of the biggest reasons that the military does keep secrets from politicians . . . if they really want it to be kept secret. At times it is genuinely necessary for national security reasons to have such secrets from a potential or real enemy of the US. To think that some vast conspiracy would be within the capability of politicians and their lackeys is, to me, beyond any belief. They can't even keep their sordid extra-marital affairs secret for all that long. Reporters do like to make things up, out of whole cloth, to increase the reader/viewership of what they publish/air though, and are sometimes crafty people indeed. Organized crime figures don't much bother to keep their affairs secret . . . they just buy off those who they need to buy off to continue what they do with little interference. wink2.gif

Edited by LarryOldtimer

Larry Im going to reccomend a good book for you to read about just where DARPA and affiliates stood at the time of the bomb. Some ole' country boy Generals from a previous decade probably thought mustard gas wouldnt work either?

The book is called 'Tuxedo Park' by Jennet Conant.

Check out the back of the book about Alfred Loomis' experiments in Germany just to give you an idea of what these people were trying in new branches of science at the time...not a conspiracy book but mostly an inside story about the guys who built the bomb.

Source: http://www.sacred-texts.com/ufo/ufoantig.htm

This is an article that appeared in a magazine called `Flying

Saucers' that was written in 1967 by Maj. Donald E. Keyhoe.

SAUCERS SECRET : ANTIGRAVITY

One leading scientist who is convinced that UFO's are

spaceships using gravity control is Dr. Hermann Oberth. Doctor

Oberth, a recognized authority, was co-designer of the V-2 rocket

and later a U.S. special consultant at Huntsville, Alabama, one of

the installations where important antigravity research is now

underway.

"With ordinary propulsion," Doctor Oberth told me in 1961,

"such violent accelerations and maneuvers would endanger the ship.

Also, the force would crush any creatures aboard against the rear

or sides of the machine. But with an artificial gravity field the force applies simultaneously to the passengers and the spaceship.

Even in swift changes of speed and direction, the ship is not

strained and the passengers feel nothing."

Today, Doctor Oberth is willing to go further. He is now of

the opinion "that energy, inertia and gravitational fields are

only aspects of one and the same thing" and that it will prove

impossible to separate them from each other. What he has in mind,

he says, is "not yet known fields of force" which can be used to

accelerate material objects in a way similar to the force of

gravity.