Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You can all go to hell?

Faeden

Anyone can say what they want but I know the truth and nothing said here is going to change that. The Lord brought me through alot of junk in my life and I am so very thankful that He found me that night. If you could have only known me now, seen where I was, and see me now after Jesus came into my life. It's a difference like night and day. I have truly been blessed by God's grace and mercy.

793048[/snapback]

Congrats Matthew, I am so proud of you. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faeden

• Gwyny

• matthewgoad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like I said earlier, what other people think of me is not important. It's not about me, it's never been about me.. Sometimes, that's a hard thing to do.

Hi Richdog

Faden vs God and religion thread No. 32345.   sleepy.gif

Still flaming I see? If my posts bore you so much why do you read them? And please if your going to address me please pronounce my name correctly.

I think its a little sad that you can still hold grudges from months ago.

If you do not have anything constructive to say on the topic in hand, and only wish to insult me, why did you bother posting at all? Have you ever said anything constructive in any of your posts? Stop trying to start a fight.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

I know the truth and nothing said here is going to change that.

793048[/snapback]

The truth as you see it....Congrats!

But it is not the same truth that others here see. No less real to us than your truth is real to you.

At the end of time we will see who was right. thumbsup.gif

Like I said earlier, what other people think of me is not important. It's not about me, it's never been about me.. Sometimes, that's a hard thing to do.

793240[/snapback]

Matthew, It is about you everything begins with you , religion is serious buisness to the church and it should be to you , you say you are gonna be a missionary are you aware of the product you are selling??? Thats important have you read the bible in its entirety and are you 100% in support of the ideas in the bible??? Those of us who are not jumping up and down are telling you the truth we have no product to sell no alterior motive we are all telling you the same thing in different ways Use care in your choice of beleif systems you will become that which you put your faith in , the truth of you was placed in your being you only need to look there for a "God" to beleive in no one is trying to hurt your feelings please don't be hurt, as curiousity said we all have paths we follow no one of is Atheist (even if you are an Atheiets by the fact that you say you belive in nothing says you beleive in something) Love tells the truth and you know it when you hear it and you would not be defensive if you had 100% confidence in the beleif system you are embracing no one is threatend by anothers opinion when thay are confident in theirs. Namaste sheri

Faeden

Good to see you post, my friend.

Still banging your head against the wall I see grin2.gif

I applaud your stamina, and wish you well.

There are many here who come to seek affirmation, and sadly very few to seek expansion. For those who seek discovery and let go of fear, the journey is well worth the reward. thumbsup.gif

Blessings

Faeden

Good to see you post, my friend.

Still banging your head against the wall I see grin2.gif

I applaud your stamina, and wish you well.

There are many here who come to seek affirmation, and sadly very few to seek expansion. For those who seek discovery and let go of fear, the journey is well worth the reward. thumbsup.gif

Blessings

794109[/snapback]

Thanks Bud original.gif I have missed your posts on here also, where you been at?

Would you rather be a zombie, with no mind of your own, or would you rather be born into sin and have free will? huh.gif

The idea of being 'born into sin' aka 'original sin' is entirely made up. By Augustine in fact. Whilst reincarnation is backed up by text, 'original sin' is not.

i agree the bible is made up thumbsup.gif

797593[/snapback]

Me Too! yes.gif

The idea of being 'born into sin' aka 'original sin' is entirely made up. By Augustine in fact. Whilst reincarnation is backed up by text, 'original sin' is not.

Ashley, agreeing with you surprises me as much as it does you, but you hit the nail on the head with that one....He did have a smidgen of help from Paul.

I agree the myth of original sin is made up Namaste Sheri

i agree the bible is made up

Me Too!

And I agree with you Ladies too yes.gif

i agree the bible is made up thumbsup.gif

797593[/snapback]

Me Too! yes.gif

799033[/snapback]

Me not tongue.gif

Would you rather be a zombie, with no mind of your own, or would you rather be born into sin and have free will? huh.gif

796735[/snapback]

Would care to elaborate on this sound bite?

As I read it, you assume only two courses:

a - No free will, following the intructions of a creator;

OR

b - Starting off flawed and spending a lifetime trying to be 'redeemed', but having a choice in the matter.

How about this:

Being born, an heir to the wonders and mysteries of the universe, learning and experiencing the joys and sorrows of life, and then continuing the journey in the afterlife. There is no afterlife "punishment" or "rewards", just the journey back to godself.

Good journey.

Let me explain this. Adam and Eve sinned so creation is cursed. But you're not screwed because of what they did. You have the opportunity to accept salvation. Because we sin, we have been separated from God. That separation remains into eternity if you choose not to accept Him.

Faeden, I wasn't calling you evil. I miss-typed. I meant that in general, if you choose to rebel against God. I wasn't saying you did. I am glad, though, to see that your avatar has changed to something less evil tongue.gifgrin2.giftongue.gif

You still did not logically answer the question saucy. I do not accept your idea of who god is, so according to your beliefs I am evil and against god. So if I might not be evil, does than mean that you do not believe that we are born evil or sin?

All the best

Faeden

796735[/snapback]

Would care to elaborate on this sound bite?

As I read it, you assume only two courses:

a - No free will, following the interactions of a creator;

OR

ba - Starting off flawed and spending a lifetime trying to be 'redeemed', but having a choice in the matter.

How about this:

Being born, an heir to the wonders and mysteries of the universe, learning and experiencing the joys and sorrows of life, and then continuing the journey in the afterlife. There is no afterlife "punishment" or "rewards", just the journey back to godself.

Good journey.

799196[/snapback]

How bout this.......you are born into sin so you have free will....i like that one! If things could be as you said people would have no self control. There would be no moral. There would be no evil...which is bad ba/ca there is evil....it would only justify wrong doings. There needs to be guidelines for humanity and that is where God comes from thats why you are born into sin... the bible and god only stop the "innocent" people from doing wrong. GOD CREATED us, we owe it to him to be as good as we possibly can, but that doesn't mean perfect ba/ca God does forgive you, if you are sincere with being forgiven'!

Hi Gwyny

How bout this.......you are born into sin so you have free will....I like that one!

If being created (Against our own will I might add) is all about free will, why do so many Christians blame all there short comings on the devil? If Satan is responsible for influencing us to do evil, then where is the responsibility on us? Free will means you make the decisions that you make, if your decisions are made by some outside invisible influence, then that takes away the idea of free will. Also people thank God when they get a better job, or because they did an act of goodness, taking the credit away from them selves, again the free will in that it was there decisions goes out the window because it was God and not them. Its as if that kind of thinking is about nothing is up to humanity, its all in the hands of some mythological battle going on between god and the devil.

For free will to work you have to be responsible for your individual actions and decisions, not sit back and hope that God is going to win the battle, that kind of mentality to me is like saying ‘only god and the devil have free will’ and that we will just have to hope that goodness wins over evil.

Since evil is happening on earth, from one human to another that we can see with our own eyes, I think its up to us to rid the world of evil by recognising that very thing ITS UP TO US, AND US ALONE.... Because we have free will god can only hope AND HAVE FAITH IN HUMANITY that we will make changes for good, and not expect God to do all the work for us, we come here to learn, not to be puppets for God and the devil so that they can play there game of chess with our lives.

There needs to be guidelines for humanity and that is where God comes from thats why you are born into sin... the bible and god only stop the "innocent" people from doing wrong.

So God doesn’t want to stop the "guilty" from doing wrong? So what if the "guilty" want forgiveness? I thought God will forgive all sins, as long as they are willing to accept them.

Yes humanity needs guide lines, but if you look at all the countries that have religion as there politics and law, the countries are all at war, and evil floods the countries. Guide lines are never going to be perfect, but guidelines always work better when religion has nothing to do with them. Yes many religious ethics are good and have good guide lines, but people just cant help abusing them for there own need for power over others.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Hi Gwyny

How bout this.......you are born into sin so you have free will....I like that one!

If being created (Against our own will I might add) is all about free will, why do so many Christians blame all there short comings on the devil? If Satan is responsible for influencing us to do evil, then where is the responsibility on us? Free will means you make the decisions that you make, if your decisions are made by some outside invisible influence, then that takes away the idea of free will. Also people thank God when they get a better job, or because they did an act of goodness, taking the credit away from them selves, again the free will in that it was there decisions goes out the window because it was God and not them. Its as if that kind of thinking is about nothing is up to humanity, its all in the hands of some mythological battle going on between god and the devil.

For free will to work you have to be responsible for your individual actions and decisions, not sit back and hope that God is going to win the battle, that kind of mentality to me is like saying ‘only god and the devil have free will’ and that we will just have to hope that goodness wins over evil.

Since evil is happening on earth, from one human to another that we can see with our own eyes, I think its up to us to rid the world of evil by recognizing that very thing ITS UP TO US, AND US ALONE.... Because we have free will god can only hope AND HAVE FAITH IN HUMANITY that we will make changes for good, and not expect God to do all the work for us, we come here to learn, not to be puppets for God and the devil so that they can play there game of chess with our lives.

There needs to be guidelines for humanity and that is where God comes from thats why you are born into sin... the bible and god only stop the "innocent" people from doing wrong.

So God doesn’t want to stop the "guilty" from doing wrong? So what if the "guilty" want forgiveness? I thought God will forgive all sins, as long as they are willing to accept them.

Yes humanity needs guide lines, but if you look at all the countries that have religion as there politics and law, the countries are all at war, and evil floods the countries. Guide lines are never going to be perfect, but guidelines always work better when religion has nothing to do with them. Yes many religious ethics are good and have good guide lines, but people just cant help abusing them for there own need for power over others.

All the best

Faeden

801427[/snapback]

Right, so if you're going to speak Christianity to Christians, then be willing to hear their point as well. Ready? God created us for HIS glory. That means that we were created for his benefit, not our own. If you don't think its fair, take it up with God, but don't put down other Christians for their abundance of confidence in a Creator that you can't see. God is a God of meaning. If you can't see the true purpose of everything, instead of acting like everything just is, then you will always think of God as unfair and will never see him for what he truly is. Until, you stop thinking about yourself and whats good for you, you may never true comprehend that. God is about love, if you can't show him love, then things will always seem unfair. The truth is, that you were created for his purpose, not your own.

As far as the devil is concerned, the devil doesn't make anyone do anything. He is an influencer and deceiver. He plays on our desires, and we follow them. Therefore our freewill is in play when we decide to follow those desires. I can try to persuade you to cheat on your wife[not saying you're married or that you would], but ultimately, it is your decision, thus freewill. It is our fault we sin and no one else's. If you are going to point fingers at Christians, then be specific and say something like, "i have seen some Christians blame the devil," instead of saying, "Christians blame the devil." Because then you are directing a stereotype you grew into onto all Christians instead of a select few. And to assume that all Christians are ignorant and hypocritical is ignorance on your part. Please show some respect, for regardless of bias, Christians and Atheists are all people. We all think differently, so it is UNFAIR to place a bias. Well God bless and thankyou for listening. And I, in the same respect will listen to what you have to say.

Edited by Gwyny

gwyny:

there is nothing more powerful than the delusions of one's own mind. convince yourself something is real, and nothing real will convinve you otherwise. such is the power of a belief in supernatural forces.

gwyny:

there is nothing more powerful than the delusions of one's own mind.  convince yourself something is real, and nothing real will convinve you otherwise.  such is the power of a belief in supernatural forces.

801636[/snapback]

you mean like pretending people like you?????? We make delusions all the time. Evolution is a delusion for it serves no purpose for you. you are a lab rat of time and will never see the cheese. Unlike you, I have a purpose in life that calls me to the big cheese. I get the cheese, you don't. We believe God is real just as much as you don't believe he is real. So if you wanna tell Christians they are delusional, check your own life. like: why are you alive? why do you put up with the same old sh** everyday if eventually one day you will just die and that is it? If you think i am delusional, good for you. let me be. atleast i don't live my life for no reason. you can't make up your own reasons either because the world will go on without you, thus your own reasoning isn't good enough. God's reasoning is good enough, cuz the world can't go on without him. Time is against you and you know it. So you leave me to my beliefs and i will do just fine. Thankyou.

Oh, incase you want an example: A cargo ship. An anchor is raised so the ship can move. That is science. The anchor was really lifted so the ship could reach its destination. That is purpose. You have the science, but not the purpose. You live because you are alive, that is it.