Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2002, 2002, 2002

Mr-X

At 8:02 pm on the 2/2/02 will be an historic moment in time.

It will not be marked by the chiming of any clocks or the ringing of bells, but at that precise time, on that specific date, something will happen that has not occured for 1,001 years and will never happen again.

As the clock ticks over from 8:01 on wednesday, Feb 20th, time will, for sixty seconds only, read in perfect symmetry 2002, 2002, 2002, or to be more precise 20:02, 20/02, 2002.

The last occasion that time read in such a symmetrical pattern was long before the days of the digital watch and the 24 hour clock - at 10:01 am on january  10 , 1001.

And because the clock only goes up to 23.59, it is something that will never happen again.

X    

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy

• Homer

• Mr-X

• Mentalcase

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just read an article of this event in The Daily Mail, however it focused more on the palindromic years rather than also including the date and time as well. ::)

"The first palindromic year, according to Biblical and other sources, was 4004 BC, believed to be the year of creation.  Then, there were wide spread fears that other dates, such as 666 and 999 would bring disaster...

...Palindromic years typically fall only every 110 years or so 1771, 1881 etc  except at a millenniums end, when the gap shrinks.  Today, the interim period is 11 years.  But at the turn of the first millennium it was a mere two years, from 999 to 1001.  

This makes us the only generation between the Norman Conquest and the year 3000 to live through two such monumental years."

The article then went on to talk about certain palindromic words

"Niyonanamhmatahmomanoyin one of the most celebrated Greek examples (which doesnt work as a palindrome in my mind)   meaning wash my transgressions, not my face.

deified is one of the longest palindromic words in the English language, and the line dog as a devil deified, deified lived as a god may sound like gobbledygook but is nevertheless also a palindrome."

Tommy

Mr. X,

Continuing along a similar vein, it appears this date is also an opportunity for 'special' people to have their psychic capabilities 'unlocked' by the legendary Uri Geller (or at least straighten out that bend your snotty nephew put into grandma's antique serving spoon). >:(  Click on the link below to read all the fabulous details;

http://www.people.co.uk/shtml/FEATURES/P28S2.shtml

This may enable you to master the ability to 'astral travel', then you can come and visit me. :st Don't miss your chance.

Magikman :D

* - Man, his eyes are even creepier than the dolls eyes in the "is this doll possessed" thread.  :o  

magikman,

Uri Geller, pff what a fake.

If i knew how to Astral Travel in a controlled manner i would visit you. But until then....

Beam me up scotty  :sj

X  

Mr-X, the guy who wrote that report obviously overlooked  21:12 21/12 2112

Doh!

Isn't it amazing how there is always somebody who will take advantage of the most simple things in life?

Look what was said about the lining up of the planets lately, and what happened? NOTHING that's what.  >:(

BTW nice one PS  :sh

A part of me hesitates to be sorry for those people who take something like the planets alining and turns it into the 'world is ending' thing, and taking dates and making them numbers that we should fear for these days are numbered, and so are we!!!  But then again, I feel that if they are drawn into something like that like herded cattle waiting patiently for their eyes to be peeled out of their heads, then let them go around and tell everyone of the horrors to come, see if I care if they give themselves heartattacks over something that has yet to be proven or to have come true...

But then again,  there is always two ways to look at the glass, half full, or half empty.  Or you can do like me and take a hammer to it and say that there are a dozens of glasses.

Farv Michael Larion :s3

Hello?  Did you all sleep through the millenium?  Did you not read what was said about the arbritary numbering of the years which vary greatly depending upon which calendar you are following.  Uri Geller?  Are you kidding?  Nah!!! :s01

..........  Still, I know where I will be at 8:01 and 59 seconds - watching the TV (digital displays time, day and date simultaneously on the i button).   :sk

---  Cool smileys guys!

Nessyk

"Still, I know where I will be at 8:01 and 59 seconds - watching the TV"

Well I'll hopefully be in the chatroom.  :sk